Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Col Du Sally Gap

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

so there was still one bit of a drift maybe half way between the crossroads and the start of the Kippure climb this morning but really not much of a problem to get through it. quite a few cars were having to turn back though.
    everything else was pretty clear, although my route up from the top of Ballinascorney via the road which passes the Kilbride army camp (don't know what the road is called) did have some fairly big snow drifts banked at the side of the road. will try to load pics later.

at various points the place was teaming with cyclists, was great to see :D

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭lamaq

although my route up from the top of Ballinascorney via the road which passes the Kilbride army camp (don't know what the road is called)

Shankill Road

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

2dv305v.jpg

This was that spot a bit north of Sally Gap yesterday afternoon. The snow drift only covers about 50m of road but, as you can see, it was impassable. Seems odd that such a short section hadn't been cleared by Wicklow County Council.

first picture is the stretch I mentioned above, second is on what I now know to be Shankill road

and one showing the actual blockage...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Budawanny

Fair play lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Rode over the gap today from the Glencree side. It was clear except for 2 short drifts across the road where I had to walk the bike across.

There was a white van stuck in the first drift, looked like he'd be there a while...

I passed the white van Saturday they didn't seem to be too bothered about getting out of the drift they drove into....

Advertisement