Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barkley Marathons 2018

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

rom wrote: »
    Broken since book 2 but kept going according to twitter.

Seemingly (also from Twitter) he taught his colleagues a few new words along the way. Cork words? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I know he writes excellent, detailed race reports, but this one will be one I will be looking forward to more than ever. Epic!

Well Done, Enduro!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I just stumbled across that. It's a video of Guillaume Calmettes’s last hill session before this year's Barkley. Just to remind you, he is one of the runners who headed out for loop 3. Up and down a hill for over 8 hours, over 30 miles. (no worries, the video only features 2 minutes). Quote: "I wanted to be bored just for the mental challenge"

And even better, here's the session on strava:
    https://www.strava.com/activities/1445828953/overview

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Neady83 wrote: »
    What an unbelievable performance from Eoin, he showed true grit.

Was chatting to a friend about it this morning and we both agreed that while we know from the stats and the documentaries that the Barkley Marathon is "the race the eats it's young" ... Eoins performance would show us just what a ridiculously insane race this really is. Very much looking forward to the race report.

I watched the film Where Dreams go to Die showing Gary Robbin's journey over the last 2 years

Just huge respect and in awe of anyone who attempts it! one lap is a huge achievement
    I also can not wait for the race report and a huge well done and congratulations to Eoin some man for one man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

This pic of the race numbers made me laugh!

446675.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

I'm knackered jut watching this.........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Doc from that year. Just was watching it there. Features much of Enduro. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRpEE-82bWc

Advertisement