Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man convicted of hate crime because his dog did a Nazi salute?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

That's ruff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Barking mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭baylah17

Didn't get half long enough the evil prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Aryan having a laugh? Probably was a German Shepherd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Huexotzingo

The world is Goring crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

So many puns :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ipso wrote: »
    Aryan having a laugh? Probably was a German Shepherd.

Twas a pugly dog

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭brevity

Heel Hitler

• Registered Users Posts: 40,354 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

"gas the Jews" What a lolmeister he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭wingsof daun

Now you know who is running our countries, yes, the joo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭AlphabetCards

baylah17 wrote: »
    Didn't get half long enough the evil prick.

He didn't get sentenced - you haven't read a single article about it have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

He didn't get sentenced - you haven't read a single article about it have you?

Nope, he did Nazi the relevant story by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

The part that I find worrying is this which was on the met police website until earlier
    If someone does something that isn’t a criminal offence but the victim, or anyone else, believes it was motivated by prejudice or hate, we would class this as a ‘hate incident’. Though what the perpetrator has done may not be against the law, their reasons for doing it are. This means it may be possible to charge them with an offence

Sounds like a thought crime tbh! How could someone prove that their reasons for saying something which is not even considered a hate crime or offensive speech weren't really motivated by hate? And how could anyone possibly claim to know what someones motivations are?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

F*cling joke, but Britain has been going to the dogs for years. Free speech, online privacy, Internet freedom all went out the window around 2010 and have been getting steadily worse each year since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Nope, he did Nazi the relevant story by the looks of things.

I always appreciate good witty humour and that is by far one of the best examples I've seen.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

We had a German Shepherd and my dad named him Rommel. Didn't do the Nazi salute, though he cocked his leg on the regular. I knew a lad who had another German Shepherd that was called Adolph.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

F*cling joke, but Britain has been going to the dogs for years. Free speech, online privacy, Internet freedom all went out the window around 2010 and have been getting steadily worse each year since then.

I see what you did there. Nein/10

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

In terms of speed, I always greyhounds were supposed to be the fascist dog breed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

HKntBeW.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Now that's what you call, ruff justice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

A bit of a stormfront in a tea cup.

52357.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

His ears are a hate crime.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

HKntBeW.gif

As mad as the thought is, I wonder would this type of comedy be tolerated on tv today?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

They should lock up the dog as well.

20Cent wrote: »
    They should lock up the dog as well.

**** that...put the dog down.

delly wrote: »
    As mad as the thought is, I wonder would this type of comedy be tolerated on tv today?

I'd be willing to wager all that I have that it would in fact be as tolerated as calling Caitlin Jenner... Well you can use your own imagination there :pac:

**** that...put the dog down.

Clearly the dog is mentally disturbed and needs psychiatric help!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

NAZI jokes.... bad [serious face]. 40yr long grooming gangs... run along you little scamps

• Advertisement

jaxxx wrote: »
    Clearly the dog is mentally disturbed and needs psychiatric help!

Interesting I saw an article posted on the BBC Twitter that highlights how the Nazi's took a dim view to a Finnish dog that was trained to give a Nazi Salute

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-12139150
    A Finnish dog which gave Nazi salutes so annoyed Germany's World War II government that it launched a campaign against its owner.

Tor Borg's wife had reportedly given Jackie the nickname Hitler - saying the dog's strange way of raising its paw and barking reminded her of the Fuhrer.

In one exchange, dated 29 January 1941, German Vice Consul Willy Erkelenz in Helsinki wrote that "a witness, who does not want to be named, said he saw and heard how Borg's dog reacted to the command 'Hitler' by raising its paw".

Mr Borg was called into the German embassy for questioning, where he admitted that his wife Josephine - a known anti-Nazi German - had called the dog Hitler, but denied being involved in anything "that could be seen as an insult against the German Reich".

The embassy, however, thought otherwise, telling officials in Berlin: "Borg, even though he claims otherwise, is not telling the truth."

The Foreign Office spent three months investigating ways of bringing Mr Borg to trial for insulting Hitler, but no witnesses would come forward, the newspaper reports.

Advertisement