Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild Wild Country (Netflix)

Options
  • 19-03-2018 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,242 ✭✭✭✭

I can't see a thread on this doc.
    Is anyone else watching this?
    I am on episode 3..astonishing stuff....just getting more and more crazy!

Wild Wild Country is a Netflix documentary series based on a controversial Indian guru Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh (Osho)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

yes

watched first 3 today also.

I thought the Scientologists were tricky, but these people !

Beggars belief

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Dont want to post too much in case people havent finished it yet.

The middle episodes 3 and 4 were really excellent and although the last two could have been condensed into one, they were still good!

The characters were all amazing and if you didnt know any better you would not beleive this was factual.]

I did not end up @ the conclusion that Sheela was the ultimate baddie by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I felt sorry for the locals when they took over the cafe. That must have been horrible, it’s was probably a place where they socialized and probably made a lot of the locals isolated from each other.

Bhagwans face when and why he decided to start talking again was priceless!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,855 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

anewme wrote: »
    Dont want to post too much in case people havent finished it yet.

The middle episodes 3 and 4 were really excellent and although the last two could have been condensed into one, they were still good!

The characters were all amazing and if you didnt know any better you would not beleive this was factual.]

I did not end up @ the conclusion that Sheela was the ultimate baddie by the way.

I agree with you about Sheela . Yes she done some atrocious things , but were they off her own bat or coming from Oshu ? At their nightly talks ?

The poor locals ,.and the homeless people . Brought in , and then drugged also ?!

Absolutely crazy stuff , some times fact really is stranger than fiction !

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I agree with you about Sheela . Yes she done some atrocious things , but were they off her own bat or coming from Oshu ? At omit.btheir nightly talks ?

The poor locals ,.and the homeless people . Brought in , and then drugged also ?!

Absolutely crazy stuff , some times fact really is stranger than fiction !

The homeless people incident made me laugh, not at them being used as voters and drugged (terrible) but at the whole idea of someone actually thinking this was a good idea and deciding to do it.

And then not seeing in advance they were going to act up,

And then them just being delivered back out.

I found Bhagwan comical.

How could anyone follow him?

He made stuff up as he went along whatever suited him.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Just watched three episodes straight of this. Still trying to wrap my head around it. Crazy stuff!

The homeless people incident made me laugh, not at them being used as voters and drugged (terrible) but at the whole idea of someone actually thinking this was a good idea and deciding to do it.

And then not seeing in advance they were going to act up,

And then them just being delivered back out.

I found Bhagwan comical.

How could anyone follow him?

He made stuff up as he went along whatever suited him.

How on earth were they falling for him ?
    With his scraggly beard and greasy hair , he reminded me of Osama Bin Laden if I'm honest !

His followers were like Lemmings , if he had said to jump off a cliff , they would have .

His Lawyer was creepy I thought , never dis swayed in his belief in him , madness .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    His Lawyer was creepy I thought , never dis swayed in his belief in him , madness .

It never says what the lawyer, and 2 of the other former cult members are at currently. I got the impression they are still part of its seemingly ongoing profitable existence.

Hence why they are still “drinking the kool aid”.

The whole thing was about money. Even Sheela was a blooming business/marketing expert.

At least the nutty Aussie wan seemed to come to her senses, admittedly a tad late after 2 failed murder attempts, a jail sentence and almost missing her son’s final days

• Registered Users Posts: 60,407 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I love that these places seem to start with the greatest intentions for those that join and then go completely bonkers.

• Advertisement

I love that these places seem to start with the greatest intentions for those that join and then go completely bonkers.

I reckon that was a complete scam from the get go though.

The eejits were lining up to wave at bagwan in his rolls Royce, and them working 12hours a day.

I’m into jewellery and noticed sheela had some snazzy pieces,

Bhagwan and his million dollar Rolex...in the 8O,s,.lthe lawyer crying at Bagwan such a beautiful man having to answer police questions. Bag wan smiling away with the same grimace in his face.

Bagwan was the most obviously materialistic spiritual person I’ve ever seen. Bowing snd scraping before flying away on his Lear jet with the loot.

Complete chancer and a sleazy greaseball.

Just How good was this!

I reckon that was a scam from the get go though.

The eejits were lining up to wave at bagwan in his rolls Royce, and them working 12hours a day.

I’m into jewellery and noticed sheela had some snazsy pieces,

Bhagwan and his million dollar Rolex...in the 8O,s,

Bagwan was the most obviously materialistic spiritual person I’ve ever seen.

Complete chancer and a sleazy greaseball.

I’m only on the third episode, but how many wives did he end up having?

fin12 wrote: »
    I’m only on the third episode, but how many wives did he end up having?

I’m thinking of something funny that happened, but as you are not there yet, I won’t ruin it.

Bagwan was very choosy about who he sleeps with so he was!

I’m thinking of something funny that happened, but as you are not there yet, I won’t ruin it.

Bagwan was very choosy about who he sleeps with so he was!

Did Bagwan and Shella have a relationship,? so far it hasn’t mentioned anything.

Did Bagwan and Shella have a relationship,? so far it hasn’t mentioned anything.

All will be revealed!

Bagwan will have his say!

Going to have to watch that episode again.

It never says what the lawyer, and 2 of the other former cult members are at currently. I got the impression they are still part of its seemingly ongoing profitable existence.

Hence why they are still “drinking the kool aid”.

The whole thing was about money. Even Sheela was a blooming business/marketing expert.

At least the nutty Aussie wan seemed to come to her senses, admittedly a tad late after 2 failed murder attempts, a jail sentence and almost missing her son’s final days

Was the lawyer married to the other bobbed hair,grey,woman ? Maybe I picked that up wrong .
    Ha , at least the Aussie woman eventually copped on , but the way she sat there and spoke so calmly about trying to kill people and thought it was ok , is scary tbh .

How on earth did people not realise they were the money makers for power crazy leaders with the private jets , it's beyond me .

All will be revealed!

I want to know now , haha.......

• Registered Users Posts: 32,242 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

All will be revealed!

In episode 5 when Shella goes on the run he speaks a lot including to say they never had a physical relationship

All will be revealed!

Haha I know what you mean now, that was very funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

No doubt it was all a scam, what with 17(?) Rolls Royces, private jets and obvious big spending going on. But, I wonder what would have happened if the locals had just left them to it. The cult only went off the rails when the locals tried to shut them down. All the locals had to do was take their money where they could. It was a goldmine on their doorstep, but they got hung up on the free sex thing and did some high horse climbing instead.

Every time I saw Bagwan, and the little smile on his face, I had to admire him. Living the life of luxury at the expense of the loyal, idiot followers. I would have been grinning ear to ear. :D

• Advertisement

No doubt it was all a scam, what with 17(?) Rolls Royces, private jets and obvious big spending going on. But, I wonder what would have happened if the locals had just left them to it. The cult only went off the rails when the locals tried to shut them down. All the locals had to do was take their money where they could. It was a goldmine on their doorstep, but they got hung up on the free sex thing and did some high horse climbing instead.

Every time I saw Bagwan, and the little smile on his face, I had to admire him. Living the life of luxury at the expense of the loyal, idiot followers. I would have been grinning ear to ear. :D
    I think they would have gone off the rails anyway - look at all the trouble they had left behind in India...that seemed to be main reason they upped sticks to Oregon.
    Besides I wouldnt want to be forced out of a place I lived via intimidation either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

gmisk wrote: »
    I think they would have gone off the rails anyway - look at all the trouble they had left behind in India...that seemed to be main reason they upped sticks to Oregon.
    Besides I wouldnt want to be forced out of a place I lived via intimidation either.
    Yeah, probably. It wasn't the most stable arrangement. (understatement alert) :D

Yeah, probably. It wasn't the most stable arrangement. (understatement alert) :D
    I was gonna say!
    Poisoning people and planning on eliminating anyopposition
    ...then again Russia...lol

Any sympathy I had for the cult was firmly eroded by the time I'd finished the story. The leaders' sole aim was to generate money. Whatever reasons the locals had to hate them from the get go were validated with what followed. I for sure wouldn't want my old quiet retirement village threatened (and eventually swallowed hole) by some megalomaniac freaks.

I didn’t see it like that at all, I don’t think the locals would have interfered if they stayed in their own city but they starting taking over Antelope and other cities, the rachneehees ( wrong spelling I know) had no intention of integrating with the locals, they wanted to take over hence all the buildings being bought.

I was actually falling around laughing at Bhagwan, he was brilliant - he was so transparent that it was unbelieveable that they could not see through him. He was no more spiritual than the man in the moon and was the most materialistic person ever. he was smiling away to himself at them all fawning over him.

He made stuff up at the drop of a hat, talking, not talking, talking in riddles and the big raging head on him when he decided again to speak was priceless. His eyes were huge in his head with rage and he got a few digs in. I was laughing out loud at this bit.

I was actually falling around laughing at Bhagwan, he was brilliant - he was so transparent that it was unbelieveable that they could not see through him. He was no more spiritual than the man in the moon and was the most materialistic person ever. he was smiling away to himself at them all fawning over him.

He made stuff up at the drop of a hat, talking, not talking, talking in riddles and the big raging head on him when he decided again to speak was priceless. His eyes were huge in his head with rage and he got a few digs in. I was laughing out loud at this bit.
    do you remember when he was shown the tv of Sheela talking about him and he was like She’s Drugged, she’s on hard drugs, it was so funny, he looked to me like he was off his face on drugs as well

do you remember when he was shown the tv of Sheela talking about him and he was like She’s Drugged, she’s on hard drugs, it was so funny, he looked to me like he was off his face on drugs as well
    there was that clip they showed when they were talking about the doc and celebs getting him hooked on laughing gas, and he giggled like a little girl! What a man!

Ah stop folks.......
    Bhagwan suddenly found his voice when Sheela shafted him and he was very vicious for one so spiritual. The head on him (blaming someone else being on drugs! It was at that time that HE brought the Feds in by invite and that was the beginning of the end. He made so many accusations that they had the ideal opportunity to go in! the funniest for me was him saying- I never made love to her - I would never make love to a Secretary!!!! And then he appoints yer wan from Hollywood as the next Secretary and he's back smiling and joining his hands again.

Was also in knots at
    B
    hagwan legging it with the loot and then being captured. then he said, he wanted to go back. then you just see him, smiling away with his joined hands pose, as he jets off away with the loot having caused complete mayhem.

• Advertisement

and the absolute
    ghoul of a lawyer sobbing that poor obi wan kenobi wasn't flown back by private jet. I was delighted they gave him a whistle stop tour of all US jails. Did ya see he brought his "throne" on the bloody plane!! Ah lads.

Advertisement