Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easiest protein bars to make?

Options
  • 19-03-2018 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

So last night I attempted to make protein bars by mixing oats, muesli, dried fruit, eggs and almond milk in a bowl, then putting it into a baking tray and pressing down on it and leaving it in the fridge overnight.

Woke up this morning and cut it into bars. Problem is, they’re still very gooey and sticky. Not really something I could pick up and eat on the go.

I’m terrible at cooking so am looking for a straight-forward recipe that I can do once a week, and get at least 6 bars out of it.

Ideally I’d like the bars to be high protein and fairly low-carb, but I’m not too fussy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

There's a recipe on boards somewhere that works pretty well. Still a bit gooey but I've made them a lot and enjoy them. Don't have a link right now as I'm on mobile. I'm sure someone else will point the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Katgurl

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

The link posted by Katgurl is completely what the OP is looking for.

No other recipes need to be posted :pac:

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

Agreed. Thanks For the replies!

Advertisement