Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Early Easter Sale 19-26 March - Now Live

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Spend on a Nvidia shield lads, lasts, great spec,worth it, personally wasted time and money on cheaper android devices, stopped now

Where did you buy it, any link ?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Techless wrote: »

You can buy them on Amazon, price is high at the moment hasn't been a deal on them since December anywhere. IF you're just using it for TV you can save a few euro by buying the version with the game controller and selling the controller on adverts / ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Spend on a Nvidia shield lads, lasts, great spec,worth it, personally wasted time and money on cheaper android devices, stopped now
    Techless wrote: »

I second this, already own one, fantastic piece of kit.

I believe Amazon are also best value on them online.

As far as firesticks are concerned, for the price of them, they're handy to throw an apk on and away you go with kodi or an IPTV service.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

If you have a smart TV is the only reason to go with the likes of the nvidia sheild for the likes of kodi etc? I have access to all the streaming services via my TV already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

unklerosco wrote: »
    If you have a smart TV is the only reason to go with the likes of the nvidia sheild for the likes of kodi etc? I have access to all the streaming services via my TV already.

Yeah pretty much and you can play games on it too.
    If you're just going to use kodi the odd time it's probably an expensive way to do it but the performance would be much better than a firestick and you get the benefit of an ethernet connection if near enough your router.

Edit: if you've an android TV you can get Kodi on that too btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Kolido wrote: »
    I have a couple of them, not sure if Amazon video works here as I use 3 party apps and they work just fine. Voice remote works fine for Amazon music and general questions but doesn't work for Spotify.

I'm getting one for the brother, had mentioned to him he maybe able to get Spotify, as i assumed apps like Netflix, etc are able to d/load, but i suppose Amazon don't want any music rivals on?
    yellowbear wrote: »
    No you can't. You can get an app that makes a mouse on the screen that is controlled by the arrow buttons which is handy but not as good as an air mouse.

That is interesting about that app, where can i get it, thanks.
    Keith186 wrote: »
    Yeah pretty much and you can play games on it too.
    If you're just going to use kodi the odd time it's probably an expensive way to do it but the performance would be much better than a firestick and you get the benefit of an ethernet connection if near enough your router.

Edit: if you've an android TV you can get Kodi on that too btw.

Have most new tv's now android, as my other brother had to buy a new one on St Stephen's Day when it packed up & only place open was Curry's :p
    I take it he wouldn't the firestick to access the apps?

As i have a Samsung Smart BD player that can d/load some apps, but handier now with the firestick on an old Samsung telly (with media player)

Advertisement