Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live TV games

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

RamonD3 wrote: »
    Games on terrestial television are blocked on the platform if you're in Ireland, same as the league of Ireland website with eir last year. Very annoying as I would have liked to see the Kilkenny Dublin game Saturday. Still the platform is exceptional value for the season, there will surely be a few qualifiers not on tv otherwise.

I think it is a bit irregular for the GAA to give rights to providers where you cannot get the games even if you are willing to pay for them. Sky have Now TV and you can pay for a day, but as far as I am aware there is no way of doing this with Eir. Am I wrong? Virgin fell out with Eir and do not have the channels. I suppose this will not happen with Eir again, but the GAA should either require providers to have a pay per view or make them available on GAAGo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭howiya

I think it is a bit irregular for the GAA to give rights to providers where you cannot get the games even if you are willing to pay for them. Sky have Now TV and you can pay for a day, but as far as I am aware there is no way of doing this with Eir. Am I wrong? Virgin fell out with Eir and do not have the channels. I suppose this will not happen with Eir again, but the GAA should either require providers to have a pay per view or make them available on GAAGo.

100%. I would have been at Parnell Park yesterday in normal circumstances. Would have been happy to pay the same price as a match ticket to watch it but there's no option to do so.

Its bizarre that Eir claim they're withdrawing from sports broadcasting due to a lack of revenue and then didn't see the opportunity to make a few quid yesterday. They have apps for their broadband/mobile subscribers. Surely it'd be very easy to create subscription products on the same apps for people who want to pay to watch.

Won't be sorry to see Eir sports go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

howiya wrote: »
    100%. I would have been at Parnell Park yesterday in normal circumstances. Would have been happy to pay the same price as a match ticket to watch it but there's no option to do so.

Its bizarre that Eir claim they're withdrawing from sports broadcasting due to a lack of revenue and then didn't see the opportunity to make a few quid yesterday. They have apps for their broadband/mobile subscribers. Surely it'd be very easy to create subscription products on the same apps for people who want to pay to watch.

Won't be sorry to see Eir sports go.

I can't understand why Eir don't sell a league pass for €40/50 or so and get some revenue from the likes of us

• Registered Users Posts: 24,472 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I can't understand why Eir don't sell a league pass for €40/50 or so and get some revenue from the likes of us

Eir havnt shown themselves to be the brightest in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Ive a GB Pass on GAAGO ( i sue a VPN) and its up for renewal tomorrow. The email ig ot from them today states a sibscription includes

"Every game in this year's Allianz Leagues, and Football and Hurling Championships"

but when i look at the website its not quite so clear and states "
    "Action from both All-Ireland Championships (excludes senior All-Ireland Finals and semi-finals) live and on demand in full HD."

Anyone able to shed any light on this?

• Advertisement

Well just cancelled my auto renew and got message that pass is active until Nov 8th, i forgot last years chsip was so late :pac:

Well just cancelled my auto renew and got message that pass is active until Nov 8th, i forgot last years chsip was so late :pac:

hmm, that seems not to be the case, though i definitely got that message, wish id made a screenshot

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Just throwing this link up here re the remarkably good value annual GAAGO pass as I have noticed lots of queries re same across the forum.

https://www.gaago.ie/packages

seligehgit wrote: »
    Just throwing this link up here re the remarkably good value annual GAAGO pass as I have noticed lots of queries re same across the forum.

https://www.gaago.ie/packages

Would need a VPN for that one. thankfully i have a very good one so think ill be buying this. One query though, with the pass can you watch played games at a later date? Im pretty sure you can but not 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Would need a VPN for that one. thankfully i have a very good one so think ill be buying this. One query though, with the pass can you watch played games at a later date? Im pretty sure you can but not 100%

Its showing up as a domestic pass for me. No VPN required. Think it would be worth buying anyway. Even if you only watch 4/5 games on it, it could work out cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blowitupref

This weekend’s live TV coverage

Saturday

Kerry v Galway, 3pm – eir Sport
    Cork v Kildare, 3.30pm – eir Sport
    Tyrone v Donegal, 5pm – TG4
    Tipp v Cork, 7.30pm – eir Sport and RTE

Sunday

Roscommon v Dublin, 1.45pm – TG4
    Monaghan v Armagh, 2pm – TG4 app
    Galway v Limerick, 3.45pm – TG4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭big_drive

Am I correct in saying it's €5 per game on gaago, but you can buy a pass for everything for only €25?
    Am I understanding that correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭howiya

big_drive wrote: »
    Am I correct in saying it's €5 per game on gaago, but you can buy a pass for everything for only €25?
    Am I understanding that correctly?

Yes - everything except games that are being shown live on TV

howiya wrote: »
    Yes - everything except games that are being shown live on TV

Ya, i was going buying it until i looked at all the Live games on TV this weekend and i presume will be the same every weekend. I woudlnt have time to watch much more :) Will buy 2 Mayo games individually, the third is on eirpsaort.

The €25 package is unbelievable value.
    If you were looking to watch something some evening you could throw on a game you hadn't seen as they're all available to playback

I wouldn't see the point of paying€5 just for a single game, you're restricting yourself a bit with that

• Registered Users Posts: 17,678 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

If you were looking to watch something some evening you could throw on a game you hadn't seen as they're all available to playback

I wouldn't see the point of paying€5 just for a single game, you're restricting yourself a bit with that

Is that not just for people outside the country?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mjp

Am I right in saying that you can't get the matches on eirsport here on Gaa Go in republic of Ireland. Is gaago only available through laptop and need to HDMI it to tv or is it a standalone channel on sky?

I assumed you could watch back any games which weren't on tv

mjp wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that you can't get the matches on eirsport here on Gaa Go in republic of Ireland. Is gaago only available through laptop and need to HDMI it to tv or is it a standalone channel on sky?

Ya laptop or phone etc.not an independent channel

No. It's a domestic pass made available because of no fans allowed.

• Advertisement

mjp wrote: »

Fairly sure its possible to chrome cast it to the TV.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

There is a casting facility.

Ya no problem i watched a fair bit last year on GAAGo as had no Irish channels, never any issues casting

afaik the only games available to watch back will be those that were exclusively on GAAGO, ie games that were live on TV will not be available. So for instance i will be watching on GAAGOI the Mayo game tomorrow afternoon which is on at same time as Kerry V Galway (live on TV) but i wont be able to watch that later, at least i dont think i can, its really not very clear

afaik the only games available to watch back will be those that were exclusively on GAAGO, ie games that were live on TV will not be available. So for instance i will be watching on GAAGOI the Mayo game tomorrow afternoon which is on at same time as Kerry V Galway (live on TV) but i wont be able to watch that later, at least i dont think i can, its really not very clear

This is correct.

Only games not on Irish TV will be available to watch any time.

dobman88 wrote: »
    This is correct.

Only games not on Irish TV will be available to watch any time.

Cheers, i'll leave it so, plenty of live action as it is anyway.

I've signed up anyway can't go wrong for 25 euros.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I've signed up anyway can't go wrong for 25 euros.
    Savage price in fairness, was surprised they left it go so cheap. If normal times would be around€15 to just attend one game

• Registered Users Posts: 38 VelaSupernova

You can always use a VPN to access matches that are locally restricted.

• Advertisement

You can always use a VPN to access matches that are locally restricted.

Would have to buy the GB pass though

Advertisement