Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 7 Plus €399

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

BurnUp78 wrote: »
    the mother forgot her charger so tried to charge her nokia 7 plus with my samsung charger, when i put it in it says its charging but after 10 seconds it stops. Tried my own phone and it works fine so its not the charger. The phones only 3 days old the port couldnt be faulty already could it?

The charger just isn't compatible!
    It'll work again when you use the Nokia charger!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Just got the July security update.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Well I picked up one on Tuesday from three and I'm returning it today... Is definetly not better than my 4 year old OnePlus One... Battery was gone in less than a day and Took 3 hours to charge..
    No notification LED either... Not great IMO.. I'll just replace the battery in my OPO and get another year out of it...

Well I picked up one on Tuesday from three and I'm returning it today... Is definetly not better than my 4 year old OnePlus One... Battery was gone in less than a day and Took 3 hours to charge..
    No notification LED either... Not great IMO.. I'll just replace the battery in my OPO and get another year out of it...

Mine has charged to 95% this morning in 90mins. I came from a One Plus 2 and find this a much better phone. Not having an LED is something I've gotten used to as the ambient display makes up for it.

It's all personal opinion, but:

I found it just as good as my OnePlus 5, that it replaced.
    To say it's no better than a OnePlus 1?
    Come out of the fog...

:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

3100 mAh battery vs 3800 mAh.

Its not the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

How heavily are you using it?
    I regularly get two days from mine, sometimes just shy of three.
    I'll get a day and a half with heavy enough usage.

marcbrophy wrote:
    I found it just as good as my OnePlus 5, that it replaced. To say it's no better than a OnePlus 1? Come out of the fog...

I have to say I really don't find it that much better for a phone that is 4 years newer, running the latest version of Android...

How do you find the battery usage? Does it take you long to charge the phone?

GBX wrote:
    Mine has charged to 95% this morning in 90mins. I came from a One Plus 2 and find this a much better phone. Not having an LED is something I've gotten used to as the ambient display makes up for it.

Do you find the battery to be better and did u have the same issue charging Initially if you can recall?

I have the store checking it for an issue now with the battery, but looks like I will have to get used to it... Because I bought it in-store means that I am not entitled to return it... You are only entitled to return a.phone if you buy online or over the phone due to distance selling regulations...

I have to say I really don't find it that much better for a phone that is 4 years newer, running the latest version of Android...

As a medium to heavy user, I can say that during a 24 hour period, I have found that I have used between 45% to 60% of the battery, most times.
    To need to charge the battery by end of day, I assume we are talking 12-16 hours, you must be going hardcore or have something draining the battery big time :)

• Advertisement

Tazzimus wrote:
    How heavily are you using it? I regularly get two days from mine, sometimes just shy of three. I'll get a day and a half with heavy enough usage.

Maybe I need to let the battery charge fully for the first couple of charges in order to get the best use of battery...

I am not using it heavily at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

You should use Ampere to check what is using your battery and also how fast you are charging it.

Because you can measure all this stuff, you'd don't have to guess.

Do you find the battery to be better and did u have the same issue charging Initially if you can recall?

I have the store checking it for an issue now with the battery, but looks like I will have to get used to it... Because I bought it in-store means that I am not entitled to return it... You are only entitled to return a.phone if you buy online or over the phone due to distance selling regulations...

Battery is much better IMO. No issues with charging at all. I have it updated to Oreo 8.1. So far I have had no issues whatsoever with the phone.

marcbrophy wrote:
    As a medium to heavy user, I can say that during a 24 hour period, I have found that I have used between 45% to 60%

Not getting anything like that at all, which is what is putting me off the handset...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

May have gotten one with a faulty battery, it can happen.

Also, fast charge only works with the screen off. Once the screen is on, it'll switch back to normal charging. People had concerns about the heat generated on fast charge or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 SkryneRed

Anybody here have the dual SIM version from Vodafone? Or Vodafone only selling the single sim version?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

Picked up one yesterday from Vodafone Dundrum. Can confirm still sim free as using it with eir. Happily noticed that the google home mini promotion has been extended to 31st July for Ireland: https://www.nokia.com/en_gb/phones/googlehomemini

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Picked up one yesterday from Vodafone Dundrum. Can confirm still sim free as using it with eir. Happily noticed that the google home mini promotion has been extended to 31st July for Ireland: https://www.nokia.com/en_gb/phones/googlehomemini

I wouldnt hold my breath about receiving it, I spoke to Nokia 10 days ago and they said Exertis are distributing the home mini on their behalf. I have sent two emails to Exertis (7 and 3 days ago). They havent even responded.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

branners69 wrote: »
    I wouldnt hold my breath about receiving it, I spoke to Nokia 10 days ago and they said Exertis are distributing the home mini on their behalf. I have sent two emails to Exertis (7 and 3 days ago). They havent even responded.

Ah :( Just checked the T&Cs link and I see it says 3 Ireland only:
    The redemption will be open to any customer residing in Republic of Ireland who has purchased a single SIM variant Nokia 7 Plus on the Three Ireland network and submits a valid IMEI between May 2nd to July 31st, 2018. Customers will be eligible to receive one Google Home Mini speaker per Nokia 7 Plus purchase. Customers will be able to redeem speakers until July 31st, 2018. The purchase will be validated via a Three Ireland IMEI. Redemption will be limited to 3 speakers per household and is open as long as stock lasts

The vodafone IMEI validated on the claim site ok. Ah well, wont hold my breath for it so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Ah :( Just checked the T&Cs link and I see it says 3 Ireland only:

The vodafone IMEI validated on the claim site ok. Ah well, wont hold my breath for it so.

I got mine within 3 days, used it once, couldn't be bothered with it tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭BurnUp78

marcbrophy wrote: »
    The charger just isn't compatible!
    It'll work again when you use the Nokia charger!

Yep you were right.. charging grand now with the nokia charger. Phew!

BurnUp78 wrote: »
    Yep you were right.. charging grand now with the nokia charger. Phew!

No worries, I had similar happen before, so kinda knew you'd be grand! :D

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

I got my Google Home Mini with a Vodafone IMEI.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Speaking of Nokia, anyone know when (or if even) the .1's are coming to Irish shores? I'm quite keen on the 5.1 or the 6.1

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Picked one up on Henry Street today and I can confirm that it's unlocked.

Ironically when I told them I wanted to buy it in the first Vodafone shop they told me it was locked to Vodafone without me even asking. The staff member even confirmed it with another member of staff. I went to the other store further up the street and got it with no questions asked.

Lovely piece of kit I have to say!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

SkryneRed wrote: »
    Anybody here have the dual SIM version from Vodafone? Or Vodafone only selling the single sim version?
    6.1 plus out soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Kat1170

On the off chance one was locked, are they easily unlocked anyone know ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

nah, there's something wrong here.

Mine went from 20% to 100% charge yesterday, while connected to a bluetooth speaker and playing spotify, in about 90 mins.

On Friday morning I got up at 6.30am and then the phone was at 20% yesterday evening at 5pm. Moderate usage, mostly whatsapp, spotify, small bit of netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭ofcork

Does anyone know if eir will be stocking this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Jomazuma

Was planning on getting the P20 lite but this phone intrigues me...

Advertisement