Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Performance of the week

Options
  • 17-03-2018 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭

What say ye?
    For me there were 3 obvious candidates
    1. Footpad
    2. Samcro
    3. Percy

Irish bias you say, never I say ☺

Personally couldn't call it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Altior or Presenting Percy

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

I'll give it to Penhill, beating a competitive bunch in the Stayers after 11 months off (a shade cosy in the end too).
    An honourable mention to Balko des Flos beating the brilliant Un de Sceaux fair and square in the Ryanair. 2m 5f definitely his ideal trip after his Galway Plate win too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Slattsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Jack Kennedy.

9 rides, 4 wins, 3 places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Presenting Percy visually and on the clock. By a mile the best performance.

Close the thread!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Comparing horses from differnent disciplines and grades etc is a little futile all any of them can do is beat the best in their age/grade for that reason I will have to agree with jimjamcos and go with Jack Kennedy, Davy Russell an admirable second but with just that one blot on his copy book on day one gives the nod to Jack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Samcro and one that seems to already be forgotten but Summerville Boy

To make the mistake he did at the 2nd last then hit the last and still reel in another bloody good horse took some doing.

Presenting Percy obviously very good and as a spectacle the Gold Cup would take a lot of beating.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

so many to mention

native river given the opposition and the way he did it
    altior given how the race panned out, great horses always find a way to win.
    pp visually very good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

1. FootPad , in a time much quicker than Champion Chase
    2. Native River, like Denman only better
    3. Summerville Boy easily the best Novice Performance to win after that mistake.

• Advertisement

aidankkk wrote: »
    1. FootPad , in a time much quicker than Champion Chase
    2. Native River, like Denman only better
    3. Summerville Boy easily the best Novice Performance to win after that mistake.

Footpad was incredibly impressive but comparing the times to the QM is fairly futile considering how much steadier run the QM was run compared to the Arkle. Also highlighted by the fact that Altior was almost 2 seconds quicker from 3 out to the line.

It will certainly be interesting next year if both stay at the 2m division. I'd imagine we could see either step up in trip though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Veneer of charm was ultra impressive albeit in a bad race. Travelled superb all the way round and Did a mini Might bite when he got to the front and still won nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Flawless escape , was the 4th winner of a lucky 31 and fook me did the lads and I roar him over the line , mall dini disappointed but what a ballsy winner

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Flawless escape finished 12th

BumperD wrote: »
    Flawless escape finished 12th

I thought it was bad that somebody's performance of the week was a juvenile handicap winner but a horse that finished 12th in a conditional jockeys handicap takes beating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Aidan...in 2/3 months time once flat is dominating/boring us all to death again, and we find ourselves you tubing great jumps races for entertainment, I honestly think your assertion that NRs GC was superior to Denmans will look a bit silly.......
    I mean come on man!

Ps - you are truly a great tipster and u seem a very decent chap

But that assertion is madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Flawless escape , was the 4th winner of a lucky 31 and fook me did the lads and I roar him over the line , mall dini disappointed but what a ballsy winner

Aftertiming horses that finished 12th :pac:

Ha I've had a mare here , and it's hardly after timing ........missed approach , I meant missed approach .....damn auto correct ....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Aidan...in 2/3 months time once flat is dominating/boring us all to death again, and we find ourselves you tubing great jumps races for entertainment, I honestly think your assertion that NRs GC was superior to Denmans will look a bit silly.......
    I mean come on man!

Ps - you are truly a great tipster and u seem a very decent chap

But that assertion is madness.

Probably overstating it, but i was very impressed with it.

kiers47 wrote:
    I thought it was bad that somebody's performance of the week was a juvenile handicap winner but a horse that finished 12th in a conditional jockeys handicap takes beating.

Didn't realise performance of the week had qualification criteria ?

• Advertisement

Sorry I didn't think that 12th in a handicap was relevant for this discussion but each to their own. Wouldn't be for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

That is absolutely hilarious, performance of the week for me was the little toff Francesca Cumani asking AP McCoy if Gordon Elliot is an up and coming trainer worth keeping an eye on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Bored to death with the flat?? Wash your mouth out Roger. No greater sight than seeing an impeccably bred 3 yo lengthening away from the field, all speed, all class.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Apparently everyone in this thread went for a piss during Laurina's win

Footpad 2nd.

Ha I've had a mare here , and it's hardly after timing ........missed approach , I meant missed approach .....damn auto correct ....

I can really see how auto correct would mix up Missed Approach with Flawless Escape alright

Sure they're practically spelled the same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

kiers47 wrote: »

Watch the Fred winter back and tell me that wasn't a visually very impressive performance.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Apparently everyone in this thread went for a piss during Laurina's win

Footpad 2nd.

Game of opinions

While visually impressive a good mare beating up a woeful field in a poor time isn't my highlight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Bored to death with the flat?? Wash your mouth out Roger. No greater sight than seeing an impeccably bred 3 yo lengthening away from the field, all speed, all class.

Usually its an impeccably bred 3 yo talked up by all the judges, can't put one foot in front of the other, all the judges gloss over it, and 5 mins later, now its time for the next at York, that flat is dynamite, bookies dream

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Flat is league to jumps championship for me lads

• Advertisement

Watch the Fred winter back and tell me that wasn't a visually very impressive performance.

He was rated 125 and the time was fairly average. While it may have looked impressive it was anything but.

Advertisement