Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Wales vs France

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

What the f did they kick it away for?
    France are some stupid team.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭corny

That is antonishingly poor from Doumayrou.

And the worst game of the tournament is poetically the last one.

Wales don't know what kind of game they want to play and France have to be the dumbest team in tier 1 rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Jesus, I just watched the game in a pub with 5 or 6 welsh old boys in the corner and as soon as the final whistle blew they started singing and it sounded like a full choir filled the place. Makes me want to head to Cardiff for a home game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,138 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Some Welsh fans on Twitter saying they left because they can't see the game because people constantly going to and from the bars

Unless they're working behind bar that claim is always an exaggeration.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 109 ✭✭IIGeminiII

chupacabra wrote: »
    Jesus, I just watched the game in a pub with 5 or 6 welsh old boys in the corner and as soon as the final whistle blew they started singing and it sounded like a full choir filled the place. Makes me want to head to Cardiff for a home game now.

Second place is a good result for them. France without Bastardeau would be a walkover.

Taking Machenaud off and leaving Trinh-Duc on the field was a truly awful coaching decision. Would be wholy suprised if he ever starts at 10 for France again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

OK, big argument here in the house
    In this match, that kick off, it did not go 10 so should that not have been a scrum on half way?......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Thanos wrote: »
    OK, big argument here in the house
    In this match, that kick off, it did not go 10 so should that not have been a scrum on half way?......

A receiving team can opt to accept the kick and play on, or to take the line out formed on the halfway line if it goes out on the full, to take a scrum formed on the halfway line or to face a new kick off.

Going 10 simply means that the ball crosses the 10 metre line and it can travel on the surface or take a bounce on its way to go 10. If it happens that the ball doesn't go 10 then a team may catch the ball and play on or they can take a line out from where it went into touch. In the case of a ball going 10 and then returning back into the 10 meter line then the kicks is fair and it's play on.

This game may as well not have existed for me, was it any good?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Venjur wrote: »

Nope

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 10,842 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Game of the day

2nd half was like watching Wales 1970s v France 1980s

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Just watched the highlights....
    What garbage, absolute dogshyte.
    If France get organized they'll run through that Welsh side.
    Gatland is not in the same league as Schmidt.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,842 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Just watched the highlights....
    What garbage, absolute dogshyte.
    If France get organized they'll run through that Welsh side.
    Gatland is not in the same league as Schmidt.

Scrum V last night and Gatland was mildly criticised for his selections and not sticking to any structure.

Jonathan Davies spoke about them needing to decide on how they will play and with RWC in mind decide on who his first choice 10 is

As for France, not having a decent 10 and group of dumb players will see them remain rabble for some time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Right. They are chaotic.

Advertisement