Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackcurrant squash

Options
  • 13-03-2018 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Quick question, I have started a healthy eating plan and lifestyle change (reduced calorie, low GI, meals cooked from scratch, exercising daily etc) to try to lose the many excess stones I have. So far so good, 3 stone gone.

But something got me thinking

I have upped my daily water to minimum 3L a day. But I cannot drink it on it own, its a huge struggle to do it so I have a drop of miwadi in it. Is miwadi bad? Im using the aldi version, it mentions that it is made from fruit juices from concentrate..

I am fairly clueless about nutrition and whats good for you or not. I am counting it in my daily calorie allowance.

I tried to swap it for fresh fruit in my water but found myself drinking less water that way so I went back to miwadi.

Should I ditch it? Or is it "not that bad"?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I am no expert but if a dash of miwadi no added sugar cordial in your water is the worst part of your diet you are doing pretty ok.

By the sounds of it you have already made a lot of dietary changes and improvements so that's probably enough change to get used to for now. If you do want to look at trying to switch to plain water you could try reducing the amount of miwadi you use slowly over time (i.e. making the water more and more diluted and thereby slowly getting used to a less strong/more plain water if you know what I mean).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I love water but it can get tedious drinking it plain all the time so I drink no added sugar squash now and again.
    I have lost 8 stone so it hasn't hindered me.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭orlyice

fussyonion wrote: »
    I love water but it can get tedious drinking it plain all the time so I drink no added sugar squash now and again.

Yea I always look out for the no added sugar variety. Great to hear it hasn't influenced your weightloss.

Well done on your weightloss too, that's impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

orlyice wrote: »
    fussyonion wrote: »

Yea I always look out for the no added sugar variety. Great to hear it hasn't influenced your weightloss.

Well done on your weightloss too, that's impressive!

Ah thanks x

Advertisement