Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Tracker Review

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,006 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

tnegun wrote: »
    Gentle reminder and thread bump deadline for most is Friday 15th

Cheers mate.

I sent in the form weeks ago but got nothing back.

Will ring them in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

Do I got confirmation of mine after 5/6 days. You can get them at 1800 800 110

Do I got confirmation of mine after 5/6 days. You can get them at 1800 800 110

Rang and left a message as no one available to take the call

I had the same and got no call back when following up on mine, try again and see do you get someone I did and they took my details and called back a couple of hours later confirming receipt

• Advertisement

lads,
    I'm working from home today and my notes are in work.
    I placed 2 phone calls and left messages to advise that my appeal may be late. I posted it by reg post on the 15th (thursday) and it was delivered on the 19th which was the monday.
    I have not received an acknowledgement and am concerned somewhat.
    Can someone please post the number for the BDO (?) or whoever you have to ring about the Appeal?
    Thanks so much

I got them on this no 1800 800 110 if it goes to VM don't bother and just call back a few mins later till you get someone

Thanks a mill.

Rang them this morning.

Apparently they received approximately 300 appeals (she didn't say recently but that was the implication) hence the delay in replying.

She confirmed that it was received and that i would get an acknowledgement letter in the next day or so.

The bank have 50 days to respond.

I get 20 days to reply to that, or longer if requested.

Then both submissions are put to the panel for their consideration.

The process will take between 6-9 months.

The BDO will write out every 20 days with an update to all appellants.

300 is still quite a poor figure given 6000 were affected :(

300 is still quite a poor figure given 6000 were affected :(

It might be that those 300 were last minute applicants (like me).

It'd make you wonder. Would the fact that there are less people in the process make them more likely to pay out given there would be less financial exposure with the possible low numbers relative to the positives in terms of P.R., or less likely to pay out as there are less voices calling for compensation.

Hard to know.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure probably as much for it as against it :( Lets wait and see what April 11th brings the Central Banks responses yesterday were disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

Does anyone on here own shares in AIB? If so, it would be great to get in to the AGM where we can make sure the prevailing rate issue is questioned a lot as they tried to fob off our case last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭sunnyday1234

I'm not sure probably as much for it as against it :( Lets wait and see what April 11th brings the Central Banks responses yesterday were disappointing
    what were the responses ?

FYI potential meeting being held on this PM me for details

AIB will in front of the Finance Comittee on Thursday at 11am. Myself and a couple of others are going but are looking for numbers. Anyone here interested in attending? Its in Leinster House its and to show that we're serious and not going away.
    https://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/anyone-free-next-thursday-11th-april-for-a-couple-of-hours.212390/

Any ideas how to raise publicity of this? There are 6000 affected but seem to only be a handful of those active.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I sent off the appeal in plenty of time. Yesterday I received a letter from BDO stating that the bank had advised them that my signature does not match the Bank's signature mandates so I've to resign Section 4 of the appeal form in line with the Bank's signature mandates.

For fcuk sake, my signature has changed lots in the last 10 years.

This is acting the boll1x of the highest order.

Reminder AIB in front of the Finance Committee this morning

Reminder AIB in front of the Finance Committee this morning

I wanted to go in too this morning but couldn't get out of a meeting at work.

Fingers crossed something good comes of it

• Advertisement

Very successful meeting I don't think there can be any doubt for AIB now that this isn't going away. I'll wait for Brendan to summarize it as I won't do it justice but some very strong support and great supporting arguments made by the senators and TD present particular call out to Michael Mcgrath and Pearse Doherty

Very successful meeting I don't think there can be any doubt for AIB now that this isn't going away. I'll wait for Brendan to summarize it as I won't do it justice but some very strong support and great supporting arguments made by the senators and TD present particular call out to Michael Mcgrath and Pearse Doherty

Thanks for attending! Fingers crossed

300 views so far so somebodys watching!

477873.JPG

Some radio coverage today skip to 37:30 on this evenings Last Word https://www.todayfm.com/shows/last-word-matt-cooper-234816

Recieved a letter from AIB which acknowledged a failure on my account, advising me that while i had been compensated, the appeal was still within the scope of the review, which was still ongoing.

They also add that if I intend on selling and am experiencing difficulties, i should to contact them (for some reason).

Am only home and just got mine too, the bit about - the appeal was still within the scope of the review - was that on the BDO cover letter or withing the summary and response?

• Advertisement

Am only home and just got mine too, the bit about - the appeal was still within the scope of the review - was that on the BDO cover letter or withing the summary and response?

If I understand you correctly, it was in the letter from AIB? If that's what you mean.

I read it as AIB saying that they paid compensation, but my situation was still within qualifies for the appeal process

Advertisement