Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show - 10th. March 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

They are very talented but not sure about the tune itself. Something missing in it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Im speechless

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Berserker wrote: »
    They are very talented but not sure about the tune itself. Something missing in it for me.

Christy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Shure, isn't there someone going round with a Joe Dolan tribute band ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭lemmno

His son’s voice! He’s inherited something from his father....It’s not quite the same obviously but you can hear it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Pandora!

Isn't that Louise Lennox singing ???? the one that's the Pastry Chef on the Restaurant
    - could swear it is

Berserker wrote: »

Its too rushed, the song thrives on its pauses

• Registered Users Posts: 72,425 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

NOT CARK!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,015 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Feckin Daniel O'Donnel Show, they have Die Hard on after it, I want Die Hard now :mad:

To all the mothers out there, happy Mother's Day for tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

We never found out what happened the parrot

We never found out what happened the parrot

He’s nailed onto his perch, but a bit vertically challenged.

Feckin Daniel O'Donnel Show, they have Die Hard on after it, I want Die Hard now :mad:

Not a combination i would normally associate with Darcy, Daniel & Die Hard :D

The Good The BAd & The Ugly :confused:

personally a pair of 34 DD's & a Hard nut to crack :D

#yipeekiaay

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

can i just remind everyone to unsubscribe from this thread so that you won't get any emails about it. just pretend it never happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Doesn’t mean he’s guilty , there’s plenty of strange people out there

I didn't actually say anything about guilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Don't challenge him to a chin-up contest, Ray.

Or a race through the woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Catching up on +1.

Just back from something called "The Gloaming". Knew nothing about it but I recommend to anyone with ears, if you get a chance to see them, jump on it.

The top of Ray's head is shaped like Ben Bulben.

Wrong. I live at the bottom of Ben Bulben. Guess what I prefer looking at first thing in the morning.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Catching up on +1.

Just back from something called "The Gloaming". Knew nothing about it but I recommend to anyone with ears, if you get a chance to see them, jump on it.

The Gloaming! Any excuse to play this frankly, magnificent and beautiful song... :)

Do you remember Angus McNally was on a few months ago making an absolute tool of himself with his ****in weird "tribute" to Christy hennessy? The tag line for this family tribute is "from the people who knew him best... His family"...are they reclaiming their da from McNally?
    He was actually "impersonating" him rather than just singing his songs... It was quite an eccentric performance

It was a disgrace, Joe. I felt it was more a Christy Hennesey Parody than a tribute from the excerpts I saw/heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

The Gloaming! Any excuse to play this frankly, magnificent and beautiful song... :)

Watched that wuth headphones while Daniel O'Donnel is doing some Irish dancing on RTE.

I swear to jesus, there's a lot wrong with the world, isn't there?

Richard Satchwell Interview- here's my view.

Ray Darcy- ZERO empathy towards Richard. Really, Zero. Richard would say something and Ray just said hmmmm... and moved on. That's permissible if you're going to reveal some sort of revelation this evening that implicates Richard- but it's a load bollix if you don't.

So Ray took the same stance as every single other interviewer so far. And of course, he's made the same mistakes as every other interviewer so far- he's asked specific questions around the day before Tina went missing, and when not answered specifically, he moved on.

I've no idea what's going on with our media here in Ireland in relation to this- but it's becoming a circus now. I haven't seen ONE interviewer who's up to the job of putting clear questions to Richard- it's like they just want to milk the story, regardless of what the truth is. So they leave the audience in doubt yet again.

Only AGS have the inside track on the disappearance of Tina Satchwell- but it seems like the media have it in for Richard- i don't know who's right, who's wrong but it's wrong to mislead the public with these type of interviews.

Tonights appearance has achieved NOTHING - we as a public, are none the wiser.

Pandora! wrote: »
    Isn't that Louise Lennox singing ???? the one that's the Pastry Chef on the Restaurant
    - could swear it is

Kinda reminds me of the milk maidens at the eurovision churning away!
    Catching up on +1.

I suppose anything's better than "The Gloomy" that was witnessed tonite :(
    sligojoek wrote: »
    Wrong. I live at the bottom of Ben Bulben. Guess what I prefer looking at first thing in the morning.

Butt, just be glad you don't live at the bottom of Ben Dover :rolleyes::cool:
    Those crescent peaks, first thing in the morning ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

"you've been on TV more than Leo Varadkar".

Just coming back to this remark. I think the nature of this remark demonstrates where D'Arcy is on this story. I could never imagine him making such a flippant, smart ar$e remark to Michael Deely (Trevor Deely's father) or the parents of Deirdre Jacob. There would be a big backlash from the viewing audience. And you know D'Arcy - about the only thing that he is good at is being populist.

Like everybody who interviewed Richard this week, they are all making sure to have "covered themselves" by asking him direct, insinuating questions so that they wont look like an eejit when the truth comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Hi Plenty, I have helped you below to understand what's going on :D

Ray Darcy- ZERO empathy towards Richard. Really, Zero. Richard would say something and Ray just said hmmmm... and moved on.

As I said in my own post above, all the reporters who interview Richard this week are in "cover my ar$e" mode. None of them wants to be the interviewer that gave him a soft interview, as they all suspect that he is guilty. To be fair to the media (not a thing I often say), they WERE a lot more sympathetic at the beginning, until the bizarre nature of his story became clear.
    Only AGS have the inside track on the disappearance of Tina Satchwell- but it seems like the media have it in for Richard- i don't know who's right, who's wrong but it's wrong to mislead the public with these type of interviews.

At a recent darts tournament, two guards (for the laugh) held up this sign:

DVIwPz-WkAAeadM.jpg

Now while you might look at this just as a joke, I think it gives away a lot more information on the Garda position on this case. If there was any way that the Gardaí thought for a second that Richard was innocent, then they would not have created this sign. Could you imagine them creating a similar sign "Come Home Trevor" as a laugh? So, we can deduce from this that it's obviously an "in joke" within the Gardaí. They dont believe that Tina is actually missing, and they all believe that Richard is guilty.

Hi Plenty, I have helped you below to understand what's going on :D

As I said in my own post above, all the reporters who interview Richard this week are in "cover my ar$e" mode. None of them wants to be the interviewer that gave him a soft interview, as they all suspect that he is guilty. To be fair to the media (not a thing I often say), they WERE a lot more sympathetic at the beginning, until the bizarre nature of his story became clear.

Now while you might look at this just as a joke, I think it gives away a lot more information on the Garda position on this case. If there was any way that the Gardaí thought for a second that Richard was innocent, then they would not have created this sign. Could you imagine them creating a similar sign "Come Home Trevor" as a laugh? So, we can deduce from this that it's obviously an "in joke" within the Gardaí. They dont believe that Tina is actually missing, and they all believe that Richard is guilty.

I think you're adding 2 and 2 and getting 5. And I think a lot of people have done that including the media. I could list 1/2 dozen reasons/indicators why I think RS is not being truthful - but those indicators could also be present in someone experiencing a lot of emotional stress- so it's inconclusive.

I don't like the "trial by social media" approach to this case and the amateur sleuth approach to "solving" it.

I've no idea what the truth is, but I do think RS is entitled to the presumption of innocence for the time being, whatever the outcome is. But it's turned into a competition of "did he, didn't he do it"- I don't think that's fair right now when an investigation is progressing as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭cute geoge

If richard is guilty of tina sactchwell disappearance ,he should be nominated for a oscar for his performance on the darcy show last night .
    Imo he came across as a ordinary guy and his story seemed credible ,i would say tina considered her self a bit above richard and probably got an offer from some guy she could not refuse .To tell the truth i felt sorry for him .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

[QUOTE=anthonyjmaher;106401741]"you've been on TV more than Leo Varadkar".

Richard should have paused, looked D'Arcy straight in the eyes, and said: "I thought you were leaving the country when Enda Kenny became Taoiseach"[/QUOTE]

Not that i care much for darcy but the did not say that he quoted someone who said it somewhere

• Advertisement

Watched that wuth headphones while Daniel O'Donnel is doing some Irish dancing on RTE.

I swear to jesus, there's a lot wrong with the world, isn't there?

A special on ‘The Gloaming’ right now on ‘The Rolling Wave’ on Radio 1 :)

Advertisement