Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show - March 9th 2018

Options
  • 09-03-2018 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Hello,

I bring news of the guests for The Late Late Show.

The news is not good. It's ****e.

You may remember Brendan O'Connor from The Saturday Night Show before he got weasally shafted by Ray Darcy #BrendanForever #RayDarcyNever. Well now, he does the Cutting Edge Show and he will talk about that and other things.

Controversial Columnist, Femininist, Authorist and men hateing Twitterist Louise O'Neill will plug her new book. A sample comment from the internet says "I'd rather eat glass than listen to her nonsensical, misandrist, drivel."
    She is the subject of a lively After Hours thread at the moment https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057807886 Hello to all people joining us from there.

Pippa O'Connor was a model and now she designs stuff and gets her captivated snapchat followers to buy it. She's on hawking her wares, which is very much the theme of the LLS these days. I remember when she used to appear with her husband Brian O'Connor, the occasional TV presenter who came 9th in Pop Idol Series 2 in 2003. Now she is more famous than him, a case of the Amanda Holden/Les Dennis syndrome.

The Late Late Show often features faded jaded shabby looking guests long past their best so The Antiques Restoration Thing is appropriate enough. They launch that tonight. "Eh, yeah Ryan - I did all the work myself ... honestly"

It says here "Ryan will meet some of the people taking part in the 347 kilometre Miles in Their Memory memorial cycle in honour of the Irish Coast Guard members who tragically died while on duty."

Music from some people called Thanks Brother

You know as well as I do that there will be the usual stories of death and disease to kick off your weekend in style. After the LLS the party really gets going with a film about Paedo Priest Brendan Smyth.

Update: Their Twitter promises us "A Discussion on The Priesthood in 2018" Who comes up with this crap?

The dog and cat's agents have informed me that they do not want to be associated with this line up and have refused to appear in the OP this week. He forgot to mention any other posts, so feel free to post pet piccies below.

Instead, I bring you a video of Gay Byrne's final show in 1999

Which of these would be the best LLS Presenter? 14 votes

Ryan Tubridy
    0% 0 votes
    Brendan O'Connor
    100% 14 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,336 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Jaysus slim pickings tonight then.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,485 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They are through the bottom of the barrel and are now clawing at the dirt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Mr E wrote: »
    They are through the bottom of the barrel and are now clawing at the dirt.

A lineup that has both Louise O Neill and Pippa O Connor is well past the dirt and rapidly approaching the Earths core.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 300 ✭✭garbo speaks

Louise O'Neill- Ireland's leftist Katie Hopkins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Just FYI the official order goes - rock bottom, five thousand feet of ****e an the Louise O'Neill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Pippa was on it not that long ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Autosport wrote: »
    Pippa was on it not that long ago

Is that you Brian ??? :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,396 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

That guest lineup doesn't explain why there is a bunch of (self-styled) pro-lifers camped on Nutley Lane outside RTE with pretty lurid posters of you know what. Have they established a permanent base outside RTE like the women outside Greenham Common in the 1980s?

The only way I would ever watch Louise O'Neill on television is if she had to debate someone. It would be better than Peterson v Newman.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,424 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

What a ropey line-up...there must still be heavy snow in Dublin.

Oh wait :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,485 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

At least the one-for-everyone-in-the-audience prize will be better than a slicepan of bread, right?

Ryan - "Thank you Louise. In honour of your book release, we have - a copy for everyone in the audience!"
    Audience - "We want bread! We want bread! We want bread! We want bread!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭valoren

This must be a new low.

I have an idea for the Louise O'Neill drinking game. Drink a shot whenever Louise:

- makes a comment about how women don't have the same rights as men.
    - makes a comment about how women should have control over their bodies (repeal the eighth point)
    - makes a comment about how she is so happy about all the positive feedback about her book
    - makes a reference to 'Asking for It'.

You would be drunk as a skunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Is the snow still fairly thick on the ground up around Montrose? This is worse than last week's apocalyptic offfering.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,348 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

no wonder turbidy looks bored rigid when he's presenting , must take one look at the list and go what the f***

I hope Ryan let's Brendan sit in his chair-just to see how it feels :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

The mother was asking if Tubridy the "Kenny Live" presenter was gay but I told her that he has a wife. She said he is an awful watery looking crater, another way of saying unfed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Okay I have an (albeit self declared) brilliant idea.

When the late late is in the off season, we find an episode of the late late on youtube, and start it running at 9.30pm. Anyone joining the thread can simply pull up the youtube video and then use a bit of maths to work out how far along the video they need to be to be "live" with the thread. Cue hilarity ensuing.

And then, where everybody is comfortable with the setup, we can play an old late late every friday, in place of the Ryan Tubridy live version (Inasmuch as anything hosted by Ryan Tubridy can actually be referred to in any way as "live")

I may be a genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

This thread should be good tonight. I'm getting tickets for one of the shows soon. I'll be happy to do a running commentary from my seat in the audience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Slim pickings tonight for sure. No sign of any puppies or kitties but this panda decided to go outside and play with a snowman after he read your post Skid.

coylemj wrote: »
    That guest lineup doesn't explain why there is a bunch of (self-styled) pro-lifers camped on Nutley Lane outside RTE with pretty lurid posters of you know what.

People were telling me about the referendum in the 80s and how crazy it was. They reckon that it's going to be more of the same this time round and that I/we better get used to demonstrations and stunts from both sides until the referendum is over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I'm watching a Team Dog Relay Ball Catch thing on Crufts on Channel 4.

This is the future - the Olympics needs something like this. With the Dogs getting proper Olympic Medals.

Edit: This is it, with Jim Rosenthal on commentary

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

EPAndlee wrote: »
    This thread should be good tonight. I'm getting tickets for one of the shows soon. I'll be happy to do a running commentary from my seat in the audience

What you need to do is promote the thread on national television, you'll then be famous enough to become a guest in the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I have an idea for the Louise O'Neill drinking game. Drink a shot whenever Louise:

- makes a comment about how women don't have the same rights as men.
    - makes a comment about how women should have control over their bodies (repeal the eighth point)
    - makes a comment about how she is so happy about all the positive feedback about her book
    - makes a reference to 'Asking for It'.

You would be drunk as a skunk.

I'll drink a shot whenever someone on here:

Makes a comment on what Louise O'Neill is wearing.

Luckily, I've got Nurofen+ and Berocca somewhere, and I'm not planning on driving anywhere tomorrow or the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The mother was asking if Tubridy the "Kenny Live" presenter was gay but I told her that he has a wife. She said he is an awful watery looking crater, another way of saying unfed.

Don’t think he’s married is he

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Wonder will they mention anything about an rte producer spending his first night in jail. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,603 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Skid X wrote: »
    I'm watching a Team Dog Relay Ball Catch thing on Crufts on Channel 4.

This is the future - the Olympics needs something like this. With the Dogs getting proper Olympic Medals.

Edit: This is it, with Jim Rosenthal on commentary

Do they do doping in that, like that horsey we sent to the olympics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Wonder will they mention anything about an rte producer spending his first night in jail. ?

"And now we go live to HM Prison Wakefield..."

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Do they do doping in that, like that horsey we sent to the olympics?

That lad on the final leg there was on the good juice, lightning fast.

Usual rules apply, if our doggehs somehow test positive it's a conspiracy against us and our brave animals are the real winners.

If the foreign monsters are caught we knew all along and their countries should be banned forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭Comhrá

What happened to the halcyon days of the LLS when we'd enjoy the likes of Twink, Linda Martin, someone from Fair City etc. I long for those epic Late Late shows. So sad to see it reduced to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,603 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I don't think I can take this tonight.

So much scope for just p*ssing me off.

Advertisement