Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Apprenticeship 2018

Options
  • 08-03-2018 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Just wondering having applied for the apprenticeship myself this year how did everyone get one and it would be great to hear if/or when everyone hears anything back ? It’s early days yet but I’ve heard nothing yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Mauramol

Hi, my son applied in early Feb. he completed an online assessment test but has heard nothing since. I know the deadline was 14 March and he was hoping for results by now. Anyone hear anything from ESB ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Seen you got no reply.

Seems thousands applied, they said it will take a few weeks. I take that to mean, end of month.

I think they review every application.

70 positions in total. I was excited but not so much. I did average at best in the tests, for 70 spots your talking maybe 350/400 people called to interview.

TallGlass wrote: »
    Seen you got no reply.

Seems thousands applied, they said it will take a few weeks. I take that to mean, end of month.

I think they review every application.

70 positions in total. I was excited but not so much. I did average at best in the tests, for 70 spots your talking maybe 350/400 people called to interview.

70 positions! Gosh that seems very little to take on !

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭tobey

i applied. still heard nothing. does anyone know if it normally takes this long to hear back

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭FaintBum

It's such a long process! Hang there if you haven't heard anything yet, when I applied I didn't get an interview until June/July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 jen80mcd

Received an email today inviting to attend an interview in May

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭tobey

jen80mcd wrote: »
    Received an email today inviting to attend an interview in May

STill nothing from me. Don't know if this is a good omen or bad omen not hearing anything .
    Iv heard of atleast 2 other women with interviews

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

tobey wrote: »
    STill nothing from me. Don't know if this is a good omen or bad omen not hearing anything .
    Iv heard of atleast 2 other women with interviews

Is it a case of ladies first? Any males hear anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

Any word on when or if they will get back to us? Ive heard nothing. I think if i havent got an interview at this stage i probably wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 djmjam

Has anyone heard back yet after the interview yet?

• Advertisement

No word back yet. They did mention to my son that it will be August before he would hear back. Seems to be a lengthy process

Mauramol wrote: »
    No word back yet. They did mention to my son that it will be August before he would hear back. Seems to be a lengthy process
    Aug would be cutting it fine too to get ready for sept. Wonder what’s the delay?

It seems a terribly long time to wait to hear back from an interview! I assume the apprenticeship starts in September so hearing from ESB in August would be definitely cutting it fine !

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Emmadunne1

My son had interview in May, no word back yet, anyone else do interview in May and heard back,

Emmadunne1 wrote: »
    My son had interview in May, no word back yet, anyone else do interview in May and heard back,
    No nothing yet my son was interviewed on the 2nd May. Very long delay. Would have thought they would have heard by now.

No nothing yet my son was interviewed on the 2nd May. Very long delay. Would have thought they would have heard by now.

Hopefully they will hear this week, fingers crossed for them both

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Cromsey

I was interviewed at the start of may also, I was told that we would be called for medical at some stage in June and if successfull offered a place the same date as the cao offers come out mid August. Best of luck to all

My son was same, So still in with a chance, good luck to all

Cromsey wrote: »
    I was interviewed at the start of may also, I was told that we would be called for medical at some stage in June and if successfull offered a place the same date as the cao offers come out mid August. Best of luck to all

I take it then if your called for a medical you got the apprenticeship? As I doubt they will do a medical for all interviewed? All the best to all.

I take it then if your called for a medical you got the apprenticeship? As I doubt they will do a medical for all interviewed? All the best to all.

Not neccessilary, they will call more to the medical than jobs available as some will fail medical

• Advertisement

Not neccessilary, they will call more to the medical than jobs available as some will fail medical

Very true.

Just seen on another thread that a guy got called for a medical a week or two ago... anyone else get word back?

Just seen on another thread that a guy got called for a medical a week or two ago... anyone else get word back?

No nothing. Unless they are doing them in batches? Very strange way of doing it. Surely if they have started Medicals they would also let people know if they weren’t successful? Are they taking all interviewees to medical? What other thread are you on?

esb apprenticeships 2018 did anyone get a callback that's the thread

esb apprenticeships 2018 did anyone get a callback that's the thread

I’m on 3 different threads and no one has heard anything except for that persons ‘mate’. Seems a bit odd.

My son hasn’t heard a thing since the interview in early May. It’s an awfully long process.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Silver78

My daughter has been called for the medical in 2 weeks time . Fingers crossed. Very long process though

Silver78 wrote: »
    My daughter has been called for the medical in 2 weeks time . Fingers crossed. Very long process though

Best of luck to her 🀞

Silver78 wrote: »
    When did she get email? Best of luck !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Silver78

When did she get email? Best of luck !!
    She got it Tuesday! Had to fill out forms etc and medical in Dublin.

Advertisement