Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Codenames World Cup GAME 7 - Team Young vs Team Free

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Play passes to blue...

I don't like being captain. No banter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

In fairness, it's not like there's any banter when you're not captain either, on account of the captain not being allowed to respond. 2 person teams (not 2 man, it's IWD18, bitches! Wait! That's me stripping that word of it's gender associations! I'm being progressive!) make for very business-like games. This is the Tinder of codenames. I was hoping for more of an Elite Singles vibe :D

BTW, what's the score? How many have we left to get?

Banjo wrote: »
    In fairness, it's not like there's any banter when you're not captain either, on account of the captain not being allowed to respond. 2 person teams (not 2 man, it's IWD18, bitches! Wait! That's me stripping that word of it's gender associations! I'm being progressive!) make for very business-like games. This is the Tinder of codenames. I was hoping for more of an Elite Singles vibe :D

BTW, what's the score? How many have we left to get?

:D:D

Red need 3

Blue need 6

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I don't think we have a hope but we'll keep on.
    Blue Clue: Instructor 2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Teacher and car as in driving instructor?

No choice but to risk it I suppose

CAR

• Advertisement

Car is a Blue word

Play or pass

Play, too far behind for anything else

TEACHER

Teacher is a blue word
    Play or pass

So, Westminster could be Fair, as in the London Film Fair, soldier, like the Unknown Warrior who's buried there or court, like the magistrates court.

I'm gonna risk COURT

Need a big one next round if I'm wrong Mols :D

Court is a red word. Fcuk.
    Play passes to Reds.

• Advertisement

Next round? There's not going to be a next round!
    (Probably because I'm about to hit the assassin :D)

Come on Guffster! Take us home with a sweet, sweet deuce!

Crap :( Sorry Mols

Not your fault DS. I'm failing spectacularly at the clues.

Heroin 2

OK.... So needle is a given. I hope. For the second one there's Smuggler, there's China as in China White although I think that's now used as a term for Fentanyl because "Prince Killer" wasn't clicking with the boys in Marketing. War for War on Drugs. That's kind of reaching though. Tap for Tapping a vein... Ah look, none of this matters if Needle is wrong.

Play : NEEDLE

Needle is a red word. Play or PASSSSSSSSS...

NOOOOOO! So much pressure!

On top of the others there was that dog from earlier in the year who was addicted to smack, and those police dogs that sniff out drugs.
    And I can't shake the feeling that I could work Bolt or Piano in there if I tried.... Wait, bolt *was* a dog... oh no. Get a grip Banjo!

OK Guffy. I'm sorry / you're welcome - delete as applicable :D

Play

SMUGGLER...?

Smuggler is a red word. That's the game for the reds. Well played.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

GG all!

Final Board:

445064.JPG

If anyone can tell me how to link SHADOW, DARK, FAIR, and WAR please feel free to tell me. That board was terrible for the Blues.

• Advertisement

What was the other Westminster one?

I'd have gone Light for Shadow and Dark, Nazis or Churchill or something for War and London, Carousel for Horse and Fair.

Tis all easy in hindsight though, GG reds and we tried our best Molly :D

*Edit* Hackney could give dark, horse, London and car

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    If anyone can tell me how to link SHADOW, DARK, FAIR, and WAR please feel free to tell me. That board was terrible for the Blues.

Azbats!

(when Bruce Wayne had his BACK broken, Azrael took on the mantel of Batman, the DARK knight, the harsh but FAIR rightwing superhero in the comic SHADOW of the bat he went mental building a semi-mechanised batsuit and going to WAR on crime.)

Simples! As long as you dont' say Car, Temple or Soldier or Bolt (which would have come out very early, Batman having a very well known CAR, and AzBats being a brainwashed TEMPLar SOLDIER that shot BOLTs out of his hands). So not simples at all :D

I've only done it once but the hardest thing about captaining is spotting the links to the "bad" words and not blinding yourself to them because you don't want to let go of a good clue.

Well played.

Guffy, some of those clues were bananas! (in a good way)

What was the other Westminster one?

I'd have gone Light for Shadow and Dark, Nazis or Churchill or something for War and London, Carousel for Horse and Fair.

Tis all easy in hindsight though, GG reds and we tried our best Molly :D

*Edit* Hackney could give dark, horse, London and car

Where do you see dark on the board? Am I blind? Oh sorry I said Dark but I meant Back.

The Westminster clue was for London and Bill (as in they pass bills in the government). When I realised that wouldn't work I switched it to cowboy for Bill and Horse. ****ed it up with the first clue and just couldn't get back from there.

Gg guys. Banjo loved your little snippets, couldnt like or reply though cause didn't want to give anything away.

Hard luck with westminster molly. Tis hard to spot the bad words when you lock in on the good ones. Danced a jig when i saw crown was red though :P

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Where do you see dark on the board? Am I blind? Oh sorry I said Dark but I meant Back.

The Westminster clue was for London and Bill (as in they pass bills in the government). When I realised that wouldn't work I switched it to cowboy for Bill and Horse. ****ed it up with the first clue and just couldn't get back from there.

Ah okay yeah, bills went right over my head :D

Advertisement