Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Omens - Amazon

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Season 2 was a real letdown and nothing of the Terry Pratchett wit and humor.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭markw7

It really was the polar opposite of the first season, felt almost like a sky production - plenty of money spent but just bland characters and clichéd writing.

The two shop owners getting together was just needless, boring tripe. Gabriel was kinda funny at first but that shtick got old quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I only watched season 1 for the first time last month and enjoyed it.

While I liked season 2, as others have said, it felt different.

The minisodes about the Resurrectionist and the zombies would've played better if there was some payoff outside of just being a bit of background. Like if we had seen the zombies in modern day somehow.

I felt as though they realised they could have more Jon Hamm so wrote more for him to do.

The whole thing with the 2 shop owners was worked in as a cover story for the miracle though by the end it just seemed like they were there to tell Crowley to let Aziraphale know how he felt, Which, again, I felt was unnecessary. Not the fact that they like each other, but think it worked better when they were playing around it. This is like revealing the killer too early in Twin Peaks. It's out there now so now they need to find something else to work with.

I did like Muriel, sorry I mean Inspector Constable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Renewed for a third and final season.

Advertisement