Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the worst game show we have

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Collie D wrote: »
    Couple like Deal or no Deal or Tipping Point have already been mentioned. These two drive me nuts. Quizzes or game shows where people win prizes without having any discernible brain power or skill annoy me a lot more than they should.

We need to bring back shows like The Krypton Factor or even The Crystal Maze where there was a good chance you'd break a limb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbhnmwosgBo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Arghus wrote: »
    Winning Streak is the pits. Zero skill or excitement, just people shouting numbers and relying on random chance.

Almost like a

LOTTERY??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Anyone remember 3-2-1 with Dusty Bin. Now that was a show that was confusing.
    The final riddle was worse than anything on Only Connect.

Clue: "The Arches Might Provide A Clue, Not Strolling But He's Going Too", (accompanied by some sheet music.)

Solution: "Well the first three letters of arches might have been clue enough,
    but we also said not strolling but he's going too.
    Well if you take away HES from arches, all you have left is ARC.
    If you rearrange that with the sheet music,
    you're left with 'Music Maestro Please'.
    So what do think that means? Maestro! The British Leyland Maestro!
    You've rejected the car!"
    :confused:

This BS Every. Fecking. Week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Frankie_Jaeger

RockDesk wrote: »
    This will probably be an unpopular pick, but I don't like Pointless.

I can't imagine it being an unpopular pick. The show was aptly named.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,509 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

pointless is ok for the contestant. but terrible for the viewer. the chances of knowing the ansers adn playing along at home is very slim. and even if you do think you know an answer the guy at the desk doesnt read out all the posible answers to some questions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭pavb2

I used to love Blockbusters especially Bob Holness who incidentally didnt play the saxophone solo on Gerry Rafferty's baker Street but I bet he'd have been good at it.

I'll have a P please Bob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

The missing vowels round on Only Connect is fckng brllnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,537 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Winning Streak. For a game based entirely on luck, it relies too heavily on (bad) computer graphics. Also, a contestant could win €35,000, a holiday and a brand new car and they'll still look like they've just received bad news about a close relative.

I'd agree now but back in the day, I would heavily disagree. I loved it and have a lot of nostalgia for it, but since like 2009, I don't know why I dislike it.

Advertisement