Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Car transport from UK

• 05-03-2018 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ ccmp

Hi , I did a quick search and didn't find any recent topics. Has anyone recently got a car transported from UK to Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭ RobAMerc

NVD were doing 199 +vat for Feb
    Any other quote I got for a car in Manchester to Dublin was in around 450

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 58,884 CMod ✭✭✭✭ unkel

Are you sure RobAMerc? That seems remarkably cheap. Maybe some sort of special offer? The usual figure that gets quoted around here is €349 + VAT.

@ccmp - what are you importing? Would you not consider doing a road trip? I imported my classic Mercedes last year from the UK and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and it cost me about €170 in flight, ferry, petrol and expenses. Flight out at 19:40, was back home at 11:30 next morning

"Wind is Ireland's oil" - An Taoiseach, 25/05/2022

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ mattroche

That's a change or NVD. They stopped doing U.K.--Ireland route a few years ago, they were too busy here. At that time they were charging about E320 + Vat. I found them very good, but the car must be a runner, in order to drive it on & off the transporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭ conor2469

I've had three vehicles brought over in the last few years, cost me 400-450 euro to my door. It also helps the cost if the car is located near a route that the transport lorry will be taking on its way back through the UK. The last car I had brought back (Peugeot 205) was a bit of a nightmare because it was off the beaten track in Somerset and was located down a country road, fair dues to the guy that collected it for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭ RobAMerc

unkel wrote: »
    Are you sure RobAMerc? That seems remarkably cheap. Maybe some sort of special offer? The usual figure that gets quoted around here is €349 + VAT.

@ccmp - what are you importing? Would you not consider doing a road trip? I imported my classic Mercedes last year from the UK and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and it cost me about €170 in flight, ferry, petrol and expenses. Flight out at 19:40, was back home at 11:30 next morning
    Hi

We can only collect from a dealership or auction house and we can only deliver to a dealer or one of our compounds.

for the month of February we are charging 199+VAT.

The lead time is 5-7 working days from when you book to the car being with you

Thanks

received Feb 20th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,792 ✭✭✭✭ mickdw

Ya but that means they don't move off the beaten path so to speak.
    Will pick from a dealer and drop it somewhere on their existing route.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 58,884 CMod ✭✭✭✭ unkel

Still a hell of a bargain for someone who doesn't want to bring it in themselves!

"Wind is Ireland's oil" - An Taoiseach, 25/05/2022

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭ PauloMN

That's a great price. Can't be making much at all on that after costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭ liam7831

I used a guy a few times he's very reliable and professional you pay for what you get. He will go anywhere to collect.
    PM me for details

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ ccmp

Apologies, I never acknowledged the replies. i followed up with nvd. the deal was over and as stated above collection from dealer only.  Insurance for drive home is gone messy now. Car was low value and I left it go. Picked up what i wanted in the end in ireland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement