Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car transport from UK

• 05-03-2018 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi , I did a quick search and didn't find any recent topics. Has anyone recently got a car transported from UK to Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

NVD were doing 199 +vat for Feb
    Any other quote I got for a car in Manchester to Dublin was in around 450

• Registered Users Posts: 64,700 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Are you sure RobAMerc? That seems remarkably cheap. Maybe some sort of special offer? The usual figure that gets quoted around here is €349 + VAT.

@ccmp - what are you importing? Would you not consider doing a road trip? I imported my classic Mercedes last year from the UK and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and it cost me about €170 in flight, ferry, petrol and expenses. Flight out at 19:40, was back home at 11:30 next morning

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭mattroche

That's a change or NVD. They stopped doing U.K.--Ireland route a few years ago, they were too busy here. At that time they were charging about E320 + Vat. I found them very good, but the car must be a runner, in order to drive it on & off the transporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭conor2469

I've had three vehicles brought over in the last few years, cost me 400-450 euro to my door. It also helps the cost if the car is located near a route that the transport lorry will be taking on its way back through the UK. The last car I had brought back (Peugeot 205) was a bit of a nightmare because it was off the beaten track in Somerset and was located down a country road, fair dues to the guy that collected it for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

unkel wrote: »
    Are you sure RobAMerc? That seems remarkably cheap. Maybe some sort of special offer? The usual figure that gets quoted around here is €349 + VAT.

@ccmp - what are you importing? Would you not consider doing a road trip? I imported my classic Mercedes last year from the UK and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and it cost me about €170 in flight, ferry, petrol and expenses. Flight out at 19:40, was back home at 11:30 next morning
    Hi

We can only collect from a dealership or auction house and we can only deliver to a dealer or one of our compounds.

for the month of February we are charging 199+VAT.

The lead time is 5-7 working days from when you book to the car being with you

Thanks

received Feb 20th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,256 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Ya but that means they don't move off the beaten path so to speak.
    Will pick from a dealer and drop it somewhere on their existing route.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,700 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Still a hell of a bargain for someone who doesn't want to bring it in themselves!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

That's a great price. Can't be making much at all on that after costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

I used a guy a few times he's very reliable and professional you pay for what you get. He will go anywhere to collect.
    PM me for details

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ccmp

Apologies, I never acknowledged the replies. i followed up with nvd. the deal was over and as stated above collection from dealer only.  Insurance for drive home is gone messy now. Car was low value and I left it go. Picked up what i wanted in the end in ireland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement