Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote 79stg

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

It’s a deal of the day so anyone can purchase at that price today only...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

100% Worth it.
    One of my favorite and most used gadgets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Id be lost without this. Recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭dodzy

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Dermobrickie

Is it good for nvidia shield? Keep losing the remote for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

Ha im the very same. Every day there is a hunt for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭fdevine

Been keeping an eye on this with CCC for price drops. Almost bit when it dropped to £99 a couple of weeks ago. Glad I waited now.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Yes, works very well with it. Only downside no voice control.
    Patww79 wrote: »

Yes, it works very well with GH.

Works better than Alexa for me tbh.

"Hey Google, tell Harmony to ...." (Randomly turn off the Xbox to wreck the kids heads :P )

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Works better than Alexa for me tbh.

"Hey Google, tell Harmony to ...." (Randomly turn off the Xbox to wreck the kids heads :P )

Don't forget the shortcuts feature of GH.

"Hey Google, xbox off"

If it is something you do often :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

bk wrote: »
    Yes, works very well with it. Only downside no voice control.

Yes, it works very well with GH.

Would I be right in thinking that voice control doesn’t really matter once you use Alexa or Google Home?

Don't forget the shortcuts feature of GH.

"Hey Google, xbox off"

If it is something you do often :D

Good idea, must set that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭Invincible

fdevine wrote: »
    Been keeping an eye on this with CCC for price drops. Almost bit when it dropped to £99 a couple of weeks ago. Glad I waited now.

Went as low as £64.36 last March.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Might be a bit "We'll dispatch your order as soon as possible.
    This usually happens when an item doesn't have a release date, it's pre-ordered, or it's out of stock."

Invincible wrote: »
    Went as low as £64.36 last March.

Yes it did, but as of now it's at the lowest price in the last year and the second lowest price ever (according to CCC). At less than €20 off an all time low I'm happy at £80

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Would I be right in thinking that voice control doesn’t really matter once you use Alexa or Google Home?

The voice control of a shield TV from GH (haven't tried Alexa) is a bit limited. I think it only works with the Youtube app and Netflix App. For instance I don't think it would work with Plex/Kodi.

I don't think it is the end of the world, I use a Harmony Remote with a Shield TV myself, it is only slightly annoying.

Might be a bit "We'll dispatch your order as soon as possible.
    This usually happens when an item doesn't have a release date, it's pre-ordered, or it's out of stock."

Ordered last night and have an estimated delivery by next Monday

As of now it's available at £80 with status "available to ship within 1-2 days"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Just got it for £80 with a:
    Estimated delivery: not yet available

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Not sure anyone on here could answer this. I'm running Plex on a Windows 10 PC. Could I use this remote to control that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Don't need it, don't really want it. And for some reason I just bought it.
    Bargain alerts can be a dangerous place.

For me it will control the following;

Philips Smart UHD TV (BA purchase)
    XBox One (BA purchase)
    Philips Hue to two rooms (BA purchase)

and maybe the following;

NowTV (BA purchase)
    Android Box (BA purchase)
    Canon Connect Station (BA purchase)

BA can be a very dangerous place...... :D

fjon wrote: »
    Not sure anyone on here could answer this. I'm running Plex on a Windows 10 PC. Could I use this remote to control that?

Is the Windows 10 PC plugged into a TV?

Yes, it can be done with a bit of fiddling. Either your PC needs to support Bluetooth or IR and if it doesn't you can buy Bluetooth or IR USB dongles to add support:

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/harmony-experience-with-windows

BTW Alternatively you can just use Windows as a plex server, with Plex client on a shield TV or similar. No need to fiddle too much with windows then. This is what I do, Plex server on a mac mini tucked away in the study and Plex Client on a Shield TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Is the Windows 10 PC plugged into a TV?

Yes, it can be done with a bit of fiddling. Either your PC needs to support Bluetooth or IR and if it doesn't you can buy Bluetooth or IR USB dongles to add support:

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/harmony-experience-with-windows

BTW Alternatively you can just use Windows as a plex server, with Plex client on a shield TV or similar. No need to fiddle too much with windows then. This is what I do, Plex server on a mac mini tucked away in the study and Plex Client on a Shield TV.

Great!
    Yeah meaning to change my setup. I have the PC as Server and Client both mainly because I want to be able to turn one machine on and off when I (infrequently) use Plex.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

I'm interested in this but know very little about them. Will this control literally everything? So I can have this single remote for my TV, Nvidia Shield, Xbox One and PS4 (for DVD's and streaming services obvs)?

Will it also do the soundbar? Is it much hardship to set up?

Sorry for the basic questions that I'm sure are easily answered with google but all the information was daunting when yes/no will do me.

correction wrote: »
    I'm interested in this but know very little about them. Will this control literally everything? So I can have this single remote for my TV, Nvidia Shield, Xbox One and PS4 (for DVD's and streaming services obvs)?

Will it also do the soundbar? Is it much hardship to set up?

Yes, the remote should be able to control all of the above (you should double check the soundbar). It is basically the one remote to rule them all.

The PS4 is the one exception that has a catch. You can control it from Harmony using Bluetooth, unfortunately Sony don't allow the PS4 to be turned on by Bluetooth! So you have to use either a Sony game controller or Sony Connect App on a phone to turn the PS4 on first and then you can use Harmony to control it! The PS4 is a definite weak spot.

I've a TV, Shield TV, Xbox, PS3, PS4 and AV all controlled by Harmony remote. I only use the PS4 for gaming, so not such a big deal as I'd always be using the controller anyway. The Harmony does everything else in terms of setting the correct input, etc.

It is moderately ok to set up. Basic devices can be set up using a wizard without too much difficulty, but you can go into endless fiddling with assigning buttons etc. via advanced settings if you want.

BTW, I should mention the Home Automation & Internet of Things forum where Harmony remotes and other similar devices often got discussed in detail:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1777

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Dermobrickie

Bit the bullet and ordered it for delivery the 7th. One question can it turn on TV and change input if the TV doesn't have hdmi cec?

Advertisement