Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What became of Kellogg's Start?

Options
  • 05-03-2018 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Just wondering what has become of Kellogg's Start.
    It was my favourite cereal, although not regularly purchased or consumed, more of a reward, or treat every now and then.
    I have not seen it stocked in local supermarkets (Tesco / Super-value / Mace / Centra) for a few years now.
    I can only imagine that it has been withdrawn due to sugar content, as I'm sure it was a favourite of many.
    I am surprised it went with out protest or fanfare, if so.
    Can anybody enlighten me with facts or otherwise?

SD13

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Start stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Saw it in Supervalu Knocklyon last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yep, Supervalu do it.
    I’d say they’ll scrap it as it’s very high in carbohydrates. They’re getting rid of Ricicles because of the U.K. sugar tax, and Start isn’t far off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭sailordog13

Thanks all.
    So its still available, just scarce!
    I'll broaden my shopping area and keep looking, before it does get the axe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

People will be buying them up and flogging them on eBay now for 10 times the purchase price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Definitely check SuperValu - I have seen it in two places in South County Dublin. Had to resist the urge to buy it :o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

fussyonion wrote: »

What part of the world is Knocklyon check the expiry date stuff could be long out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    fussyonion wrote: »

What part of the world is Knocklyon check the expiry date stuff could be long out.

Oh sorry, South Dublin x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Fiona

You can get it in Dunnes Stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    and check google for locations...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭brick tamland

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Yep, Supervalu do it.
    I’d say they’ll scrap it as it’s very high in carbohydrates. They’re getting rid of Ricicles because of the U.K. sugar tax, and Start isn’t far off it.

But Steve Cram eats it for breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭ruahead

Yummy, I loved it too. I'm a coeliac now so prob couldn't eat but worth a bus trip out of your way to get it.

Advertisement