Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TP-Link AV600 Passthrough Homeplugs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

hhmmm? wrote: »
    I have a technical question maybe somebody can answer.
    I already have a TP link connected between my modem and phonewatch box.
    If i was to buy another set of 2 adapters could i put one upstairs and would it pick up on the signal already in my wiring?

Yes.

Note bandwidth is shared. So if the EoP network has 100Mb usable bandwidth thats for all 3/4/5 units.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

^^^
    Just to say - The TP Link Power units do go to sleep if there is no traffic on the LAN port. I have two (out of a total of four) that only wake up when the device connected is powered on. That means the full bandwidth is available for the other two devices that are constantly on (main router and remote access point).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,584 ✭✭✭Inviere

I think the twin passthrough pack is a better value @ £30

Made the mistake years ago of going for the slightly cheaper non-passthrough versions and ended up in extension cord hell trying to make up for all the missing sockets!!!

615bkgxyJ1L._SX522_.jpg

Agreed, I didn't hit the button on the these as its only a starter kit (only one is pass through). Where are you seeing the dual passthrough kit for £30?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Q&A

Out of curiosity could I use this to move my VM phone from beside my router (living room) to the hallway?

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Inviere wrote: »
    Agreed, I didn't hit the button on the these as its only a starter kit (only one is pass through). Where are you seeing the dual passthrough kit for £30?

Both of those are passthrough according to the description / product image.

6NNCIPe.jpg

TP-LINK TL-PA4010PKIT 600 Passthrough Powerline Adapter Starter Kit, No Configuration Required, UK Plug, Pack of 2 - Amazon £30

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'm a bit confused, this one isn't a wifi one, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

sweetie wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused, this one isn't a wifi one, right?

Correct. This one is only for ethernet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Correct. This one is only for ethernet.

yeah, i think ill go for a single band passthrough, now to find a good price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Melendez wrote: »

if you go to the TP Link web page it gives backwards compatability.

for example https://www.tp-link.com/uk/products/details/cat-18_TL-WPA9610-KIT.html#specifications

"Compatible with all AV2000, AV1200, AV1000, AV600, AV500 &
    AV200 powerline adapters"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

anyone receive these yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Melendez wrote: »

But they will drop to the lowest rated speed of the slowest one.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-406.html

TP-LINK AV200,AV500,AV600 powerline adapters adopte HomePlug AV Standard, so they are compatible with each other.
    AV1200 adopt HomePlug AV2,that is also backward compatible with HomePlug AV standard,which means TP-LINK AV200,AV500,AV600,AV1200 are all compatible with each other.
    However, the powerline rate will drop to lowest one’s rate when use different AV adapters together.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No not yet. They were dispatched within an hour of me ordering them so was expecting them by now. Last time I used the site they were pretty quick.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Not gotten mine either yet

MyMem are normally very snappy. I've had SD cards within 2 days in the past.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ED E wrote: »
    MyMem are normally very snappy. I've had SD cards within 2 days in the past.

Yeah I was the same, so I'm surprised my plugs haven't showed up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

International:Delivery normally takes 7 to 10 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

KingJamsie wrote: »
    International:Delivery normally takes 7 to 10 working days.

Arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Arrived today

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Still ain't got mine.. Ordered on the 5th at lunch time

Advertisement