Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Scumbag driver!

funnily enough I used to do it myself, then one day on Frontlines in Aras I got into a panzer at spawn, takes about 2-3 minutes to drive back to the front. Half way there I encountered a Tiger which wasn't alarming until it started shooting at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

new mode is ****e, campers paradise, too hectic, cannon fodder mode......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Squad leader unlocked that tank buster halftruck the other night, the one with the unlimited ammo but feck all armor.
    I died, yeah I know I was shocked too, and spawned in it.
    Parked it just under the brow of a hill and started raining hell on the enemy from afar. Killing tanks willy-nilly and infantry running in fear.. Until some muppet jumps in the driver seat drives it straight into an enemy controlled point, where surprise, surprise the vehicle with no armor dies in about 3 seconds.

Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Squad leader unlocked that tank buster halftruck the other night, the one with the unlimited ammo but feck all armor.
    I died, yeah I know I was shocked too, and spawned in it.
    Parked it just under the brow of a hill and started raining hell on the enemy from afar. Killing tanks willy-nilly and infantry running in fear.. Until some muppet jumps in the driver seat drives it straight into an enemy controlled point, where surprise, surprise the vehicle with no armor dies in about 3 seconds.

Sigh.

need a way to lock the vehicle so muppets cant do that, that also happened to me but you have to drive well away from spawn points so its unlikely to happen

Looking at my very average stats and the only areas I'm doing comparatively well in are revives, resupplies and heals 2-5%. Other than scores in planes where I'm in the top 0.02%, which is obviously bugged out.

• Advertisement

jut played a game of frontlines there and in the space of a minute or two killed two tigers and an AA in a Valentine, so happy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Looking at my very average stats and the only areas I'm doing comparatively well in are revives, resupplies and heals 2-5%. Other than scores in planes where I'm in the top 0.02%, which is obviously bugged out.

I woldn't read into your percentage ranking too much as I think it's based on how many other players have checked their stats.

People who check their stats are likely to be more fairly committed to battlefield so your percentage rank is likely to be a lot higher if the entire playerbase was included.

I've 10,202 kills and that puts me in the top 6% or ranked at 23,500. That equates to roughly 392,000 players that have checked their stats out of the 7.5m that bought the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

Patch out this morning .

The co-op is dire apparently but Dice screwed up and you can complete weapon mastery challenges in it. If they don't patch it by the weekend I'll grind out the gold snipers
    20 head-shots in an objective areas in a round - ok sure

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Coop seemed decent to me :confused:

Not easy and not hard, you will kinda play it once with a group then probably never again.

but its not bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,326 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

The co-op is dire apparently but Dice screwed up and you can complete weapon mastery challenges in it. If they don't patch it by the weekend I'll grind out the gold snipers
    20 head-shots in an objective areas in a round - ok sure

there are no objective areas in the coop mode though. You can do the earlier assignments where you have to get hip fire kills or headshots but not the later ones that need to be done attacking or defending objectives

The Coop mode is kinda fun, though i've only played them solo cause there's no matchmaking

Since the patch, the killcams in Multiplayer appear to be bugged again.
    Dice need to sort out their quality control if they want to have a more frequent update cycle.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

co-op is utterly dire, it really is that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Dcully wrote: »
    co-op is utterly dire, it really is that bad.

On paper it might have sounded good maybe?
    Vs COM games just seem odd in days of multiplayer.
    I wonder how much time and effort was spent on it when it could have been spent elsewhere!

whiskeyman wrote: »
    On paper it might have sounded good maybe?
    Vs COM games just seem odd in days of multiplayer.
    I wonder how much time and effort was spent on it when it could have been spent elsewhere!

this is the thing though, who really wanted it, was it the developer's 13 year old daughter again? poor kid get's blamed for everything

• Registered Users Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It's a stepping stone for new players. Play single player to get used to it. Play Co-Op to get used to being in a squad, then into multiplayer fully prepped to get the best out of it by ignoring downed team mates and driving tanks into the middle of capture points.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Stupid bipods really glitchy for me now .
    Impossible to use my 34 or 42 :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

osheen wrote: »
    Stupid bipods really glitchy for me now .
    Impossible to use my 34 or 42 :-(

Ha , I thought it was just me , couldn't deploy it in the middle of a field, nice wan Dice .

Just had a game of Frontlines where we were swamped, I started awful, pushed all the way back, final objective, desperate defence but held it. Battled all the way through flag by flag got to their base and won. Just awesome.

Yesterday lost a Conquest by one where I topped the leader board and had the best squad, which was particularly heart breaking.

they're going to have to nerf those ap mines while there's tossers like me abusing them
    just got nine kills including a triple

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

they're going to have to nerf those ap mines while there's tossers like me abusing them
    just got nine kills including a triple

Seems to be ok if you're running through them?
    I've managed to dodge plenty, surviving with various levels of damage.
    Many times they've wiped me out though.

• Advertisement

I genuinely don't believe I've ever survived an AP mine. Plenty of people survive mine. My reflex reaction seems to be to try and go prone but by the time I figure that out it's too late. I must try keep on running.

For a game that promotes attrition, makes people call to supply crates and then hands out 2 - 3 booby traps seems unfair. They're not a problem tbh but I'm getting several kills a game when playing support now.
    They're particular brutal on frontlines in small maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I'm actually starting to the enjoy the game now, seems to be more to do, nice playmodes too. Tide of Wars assignments makes me play until 2am :)

I like having something to work towards, while tides of war can push you into doing things you'd prefer not to, I like doing them and they've been easy to complete. The final one last week was a mare though because everyone was in tanks and the ones that weren't were trying to blow them up.

Spent hours on conquest with only 13/20 kills in objective areas. Switched to breakthrough and got 11 vehicle kills in the first 5 minutes.

Played as Recon for a daily challenge. I'm terrible at Recon but had my best recon game with 22-6 with the selbstlader 1906. stats didn't save so despite the gun going from level 2 to just under 4 it's still at 2. Same thing happened after a good game in the new Valentine mobile gun but I don't mind that too much as it's easier use.

The M1922 MMG is filthy dirty. It's so cheesy when you find the right spot. I spent the weekend surrounded by ap mines mowing poor people down as they tried to get in the barn at A.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

theres something messed up with AA tanks on PC version. Last nite was on Arras in UK AA tank upgraded with 3 AA guns, spotted Stuka and registered a few hits before he started shooting on me, then still hitting him directly until my guns jammed from heat, he just smashed me to the pieces without throwing any bombs on me..wtf? it happened twice in a row. Are AA tanks nerfed so badly?

theres something messed up with AA tanks on PC version. Last nite was on Arras in UK AA tank upgraded with 3 AA guns, spotted Stuka and registered a few hits before he started shooting on me, then still hitting him directly until my guns jammed from heat, he just smashed me to the pieces without throwing any bombs on me..wtf? it happened twice in a row. Are AA tanks nerfed so badly?

AA tanks are great against infantry. Seriously though my team was getting mauled on panzerstorm by two junkers yesterday so I hopped into the British AA tank. I hardly scratched them before one of them destroyed me. This was on the PS4. I seem to remember AA being very good against aircraft in Bf4 and Bf1, not so much this one, or else I'm just doing it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

AA tanks are great against infantry. Seriously though my team was getting mauled on panzerstorm by two junkers yesterday so I hopped into the British AA tank. I hardly scratched them before one of them destroyed me. This was on the PS4. I seem to remember AA being very good against aircraft in Bf4 and Bf1, not so much this one, or else I'm just doing it wrong.

yeah, it looks like they're effective against infantry only. getting more luck with stationary / towed small AA guns than with AA tanks and agree, in BF4 they were pretty much ok (didn't play BF1 so cant say :) )

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/gamereport/psn/1104533843101425984?handle=gimli2112

First time using a shotgun, what the hell were my team doing? This can't be right? Bit one sided with the matchmaking.
    Won 3 games of Rush over the weekend and I was top in all three. It can be really one sided. I actually thought this was Rush but I had been drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Shots Fired 53
    Shots Hit 76
    Shot Accuracy 143.40%

bbbls.gif

• Advertisement

I think shotguns often do that in fps'. It counts the pellets hitting from each shot. I'm likely wildly inaccurate, pretty sure I was shooting at a tank at one stage.

Advertisement