Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collect Euro Millions Lotto or Irish Lotto winning from same shop?

Options
  • 28-02-2018 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Does someone collect their Euro Millions Lotto or Irish Lotto winning from the same shop that they bought their ticket or any shop that sells them? I refer to winning under €2500 for example, not the actual jackpots.

Also, do they payout in cash or a cheque?

Cheers.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

• Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭Worztron

Hi NS. Does the shop that sold the ticket pay in cash or cheque? Or must I go to a An Post Prize Centre to get a cheque? Is the Cork GPO on Oliver Plunkett Street a Lotto Prize Centre?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Any lotto agent will pay out smaller wins in cash, say less than €100, after that it's probably at their discretion, I've collected approx €1700 in the past in cash at the GPO in Limerick

I'd imagine only the National Lottery office can issue a National Lottery cheque, if you look at the back of your ticket all the information is there

For the amount you have mentioned, I'd say the GPO in Cork will pay out in cash

Any lotto agent will pay out smaller wins in cash, say less than €100, after that it's probably at their discretion, I've collected approx €1700 in the past in cash at the GPO in Limerick

I'd imagine only the National Lottery office can issue a National Lottery cheque, if you look at the back of your ticket all the information is there

For the amount you have mentioned, I'd say the GPO in Cork will pay out in cash

I'd prefer a cheque. Leaving with a lot of cash could be dangerous - who knows who is behind me in the queue. So the Cork GPO won't give a cheque?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Worztron wrote: »
    I'd prefer a cheque. Leaving with a lot of cash could be dangerous - who knows who is behind me in the queue. So the Cork GPO won't give a cheque?

Be careful not to walk under a bus.

• Advertisement

Be careful not to walk under a bus.

I hope your other posts are not as worthless as this. Post something useful or clear off.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

I won 350 euro a few years ago and had to go to Lotto HQ, Abbey Street, that was ok I was living in Dublin but if I lived elsewhere I wudda been annoyed

Tomaldo wrote: »
    I won 350 euro a few years ago and had to go to Lotto HQ, Abbey Street, that was ok I was living in Dublin but if I lived elsewhere I wudda been annoyed

Hi Tomaldo.

You should have been able to claim that amount at an An Post Prize Center.

The GPO don't pay out via a cheque.

Advertisement