Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wales v Ireland - Six Nations 2019

Options
  • 26-02-2018 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Never gone to an away game in Six Nations before and was wondering what the best travel option is for Cardiff for next year? I’m thinking Ferry from Rosslare to Fishguard on the morning of the match and then a bus to Cardiff. Stay overnight and then the same again the next day. Is that what most do or is there a better way to do it (is flying a comparable option price wise?). When would you normally start booking all this?

I’ve heard great things about the atmosphere/craic in the millennium stadium. Any tips/advice most welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,001 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Fly to Birmingham or somewhere and drive, it takes about 2 hours. Prices of flights to there won't be affected by the match and car rental is cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Hi all,

Never gone to an away game in Six Nations before and was wondering what the best travel option is for Cardiff for next year? I’m thinking Ferry from Rosslare to Fishguard on the morning of the match and then a bus to Cardiff. Stay overnight and then the same again the next day. Is that what most do or is there a better way to do it (is flying a comparable option price wise?). When would you normally start booking all this?

I’ve heard great things about the atmosphere/craic in the millennium stadium. Any tips/advice most welcome.

If you book in time, flights to Bristol, Cardiff, or Brum are all feasible. You could even try Gatwick!

If you get the ferry to Fishguard,. then why get a coach rather than the train to Cardiff Central - the Mill Stad is literally 50 metres across the road from the station.

Advertisement