Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chris & Ciara weekends on 2fm

Options
  • 25-02-2018 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Chris & Ciara have taken over Rick O' Shea's slot for 6 months now, what do people here think? I know a lot of people on here used to listen to their night time show

The weekend daytime show is 2 hours of dumb s**t if i'm being honest, at night they used to cover some clever topics with some laugh out loud moments

Now it's Ciara trying to talk welsh and other dumb s**t, I know they cant swear during the day but that does not mean their new show cant have a bit of an edge to it

Does anybody here agree or disagree?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Could Today fm & 2fm make their topics between music more clever?

Or is that what they think the 18-34 age group want all the time?

I listen to 2fm during the week cause to be fair their shows are better than what Today fm have on

But could Dan Healy say....lets have at least 1 show with clever topics?

Chris & Ciara are a prime example of a show going from clever to dumb, could we not have a mixture of both!

Is that what they think their target audience like?

This might be a dumb post but i''ll ask anyway.....do presenters get paid extra for covering other presenters when they are sick or on holidays?

Or is it just part of the contract they sign?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I used to listen to their nightly show as i was out and about at the time, I enjoyed their show. I also enjoyed when they covered for McDermott too.

I don't listen to the radio on the weekend so I don't know what their new one is like.

I see they have a podcast out too, made by 2FM, which is billed as being a bit more adult rated.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I used to listen to their nightly show as i was out and about at the time, I enjoyed their show. I also enjoyed when they covered for McDermott too.

I don't listen to the radio on the weekend so I don't know what their new one is like.

I see they have a podcast out too, made by 2FM, which is billed as being a bit more adult rated.

If you enjoyed the night time show the podcast is in a similar vein & very good.

It's just the weekend content that is pretty dumb, I was a huge fan of the weeknight show too, I just wish the weekend show was more like the old show (without the swear words)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭siblers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Anything at all from either Chris or Ciara about it?

Is it just an Irish thing in Radio that they quickly get rid of presenters without even allowing them the chance to say goodbye?

Look at how BBC Radio conduct themselves, BBC Radio 1 announced some upcoming changes to their schedule for something like August. Ye've seen DJs like Nick Grimshaw, Annie Mac given plenty of time to say their goodbyes and get the recognition they deserve. Different story of course if there is controversy, but nothing yet suggests Chris and Ciara have been part of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Annie Mac said she was leaving BBC Radio 1 to spend more time with her family. Are you sure she was got rid of?

Apologies, maybe rid of was an incorrect way me of saying it, but I feel if that was 2FM - she would have given till the end of the week/day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

I think I heard a Chris and Ciara jingle on their Saturday show that Conor Behan was presenting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

I think it can be taken that they’re definitely gone. It would be nice for them to say something as confirmation for listeners but I think if they don’t want to say something, that’s fair enough. Getting fired must be tough and come with some embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'm struggling to differentiate between Conor and Stephen in my head. I always mix em up.

Chris and Ciara deserve a full time gig, they're both very likeable and are good craic, although I always found their music playlists fairly appalling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Better them than the 2 Johnnies. 2Js are the bottom of the barrel

The writing was on the wall with the poor JNLR figures from the end of 2021

They were down 38 thousand listeners over the 2 days

They are 2 very talented presenters but the weekend show did get very bland at the end

They lost their cutting edge from the 10pm show

Any news on either of them? I wonder if they’ll try to get more work together, apart or leave radio altogether.

At the moment I think Beta da Silva, Dave Fanning and Laura Fox are the only weekend daytime presenters with permanent shows. Not sure if Emma Power is still doing the request show but I think she might be.

Why cant RTE 2FM/ Dan Healy or Chris and Ciara come out and say that they've been binned?

Is there some reason why they cant say it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

still on contract i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dom the chemist

Are C&C still in hiding?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭TheDavester

had to make room for past it models/influencers like Roz Purcell/Laura Fox

Emma Power mentioned "Ciara King, who was on 2FM" on Drive It today.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dom the chemist

3 months on, their weekend slot still doesn't have a permanent host.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mike from Helston

I still miss them - nothing like their style of broadcasting would be allowed in the UK. Some excellent music but rather repetitive - perhaps Adam could have expanded their playlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭RoTelly

If that was the case they could easily but them on 2XM during the week. I assume they would suit 2XM over GOLD, but they could be put on GOLD!

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

I could be wrong but I always assumed 2XM (and Pulse) presenters weren’t paid and Gold presenters were? I’m not sure where the notion came from, maybe because 2XM presenters are usually starting out and Gold presenters are usually well-established.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭RoTelly

Yeah I have that idea as well... but 2XM presenters being used for "exposure" ... Gold presenters are being put out to dry.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

Is there an average amount of time it takes for presenters to move from 2XM or Pulse into a paid presenting role, I wonder?

I remember hearing that when Communicorp had Frq to train new presenters, most would progress from Frq to doing cover on a commercial station within six months to a year.

Looking at the Pulse schedule, it’s quite bare and some of the presenters have been there since 2017/2018 if my memory serves me right. I’m not certain about 2XM.

in any case, I would have expected with the movement in Spin and Fm104 that Chris might try to get into one of those stations. He’s not been active on social media in months so I do wonder what he’s up to

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Master Anorak

Chris and Ciara feel very hurt about the way they have been treated by 2fm management, they were told when they joined the station that 9am till Noon weekdays would be their show after the dust had settled on the changes but Healy went and gave that show to Jennifer Zampereli and she's been a total flop with only 138k listeners, an all time low

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 floppylaces

2xm and pulse presenters are paid an hourly rate, i know of someone who was on pulse and getting 20 quid an hour. not bad for a station with no listeners operating in a cash-strapped company

Advertisement