Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray Darcy on de telly, RtE 1, 24th February

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Had to turn off da phone by order of de floorwalker. I was the dyed blond chubby bored bespectacled wan on de bottom at left edge wearing de black and white plaid shirt, udderwise I wud have shouted out “I’m Bored” to identify myself.

Oh Matron.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Had to turn off da phone by order of de floorwalker. I was the dyed blond chubby bored bespectacled wan on de bottom at left edge wearing de black and white plaid shirt, udderwise I wud have shouted out “I’m Bored” to identify myself.

Was there much free scoops going? What's the craic getting to the RTE, can you drive in and park the car or do you have to meet some feeder ship outside the place to drive you in? If you need to use the restroom so to speak can you just go or do you need to wait until the ad break?

Was there much free scoops going? What's the craic getting to the RTE, can you drive in and park the car or do you have to meet some feeder ship outside the place to drive you in? If you need to use the restroom so to speak can you just go or do you need to wait until the ad break?

Yep free wine, take as you please, but I went dry as was driving. You drive in, they ask you your name to verify you are in audience, plenty of parking right beside studio. Unless there’s a leak starting under your chair you wait for ad break, dash out, and if you can’t make it back on time before end of ad bteaknyou must wait for next one to slip in. Dey don’t want you clonking up and down those noisy steps. Best bring one of dose biscuit tins de ladies used to put under der long billowing skirts in de early daze of theatre where Dey pretended, being laddies, not to need de call of nature sotospeak.

Yep free wine, take as you please, but I went dry as was driving. You drive in, they ask you your name to verify you are in audience, plenty of parking right beside studio. Unless there’s a leak starting under your chair you wait for ad break, dash out, and if you can’t make it back on time before end of ad bteaknyou must wait for next one to slip in. Dey don’t want you clonking up and down those noisy steps. Best bring one of dose biscuit tins de ladies used to put under der long billowing skirts in de early daze of theatre where Dey pretended, being laddies, not to need de call of nature sotospeak.

The billowing skirts were there to muffle the racket of high speed pi$$ hitting an empty biscuit tin.

Atlantic Dawn, OT, but did you look at or price those timber effect tiles since?

• Advertisement
    M

sligojoek wrote: »
    Atlantic Dawn, OT, but did you look at or price those timber effect tiles since?

Didn't get a chance today but I love the look of them. Would I be best going to the likes of Right Price Tiles or would a builders merchants place be the best to get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Coming up, Daniel O'Donnell in concert.

NOW Saturday night can begin! :D

I knew i should have turned over as soon as possible, it put me to sleep it did :(:P
    There was very little realism ln Fr Ted though, priests who never seemed to go to a chapel, a priest who obviously knew nothing about Christianity and a load of random priests visiting some random derelict parish every week. Nonsense. The set was realistic though, I was in my priests house and he had tea, apple tarts and books about the pope.

Now that's bull as,

542290_10150669006494678_2084282775_n.jpg?oh=690ef0de83f7f048280d4f9114aee68d&oe=5B1082F6

That was only Fr Dougal wink.png

158581-164751.jpg
    Close up, in real-life, in that black rig-out Ray looks unnervingly like a priest. Has the lurking stance of a priest too.

I think ray still has a yearning for the priesthood, as he dallied it for a while, not like the time he once played rugby or his time in doing pyschology, afaik he may have mentioned once?

But nothing beats being there for that kodak moment when someone uttered out the immortal words that will forever live out as a meme

"Ray Darcy you're a Wanker" :D

There was your cue, to do a Millhouse :)

latest?cb=20121205194057

Didn't get a chance today but I love the look of them. Would I be best going to the likes of Right Price Tiles or would a builders merchants place be the best to get them?

Don't want to go off topic. Is it OK if I PM you?

It's only a mater of time before RTE gets renamed DOD tv . He's on everything lately , and if hes not his wife is. He's supposedly worth 33 million. That's great. He done the tour,s the travelling and the gigs. Why do RTE keep making programmes about him and Francis Brennan and Nevin Mcguire.? Decent enough people and fair play to them for doing well but there's a lot of talented people out there who could do with a plug or a leg up.

I noticed during the DOD and Dermot Bannon show, Danny was being interviewed while standing beside a poster advertising an upcoming gig in Killarney.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Ray Darcy called a wanker twice on national television on a Saturday night.

Sometimes staying in on a Saturday isn't so bad after all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Father Ted is overrated, simple humour for farmers

If you ever say that again, I'll put your head through the wall. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I don't watch this excuse for entertainment, but curious as to who called him a w@nker?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Valentina wrote: »
    Yeah, a really long, prolonged cough with some hacking at the end.

A "Finucane", as it's known in the broadcasting world.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,411 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

monkey9 wrote: »
    Not watching tonight. What did I miss?

Ray’s ‘House Hunt’ segment went live to TedFest on Inis Mor...as Ray was talking to the large crowd gathered in the hall, someone (possibly Brendan O’Connor) shouted ‘’Ray D’Arcy, you’re a w4nker!’’ twice!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

Close up, in real-life, in that black rig-out Ray looks unnervingly like a priest. Has the lurking stance of a priest too.

Did Ray interact much with the audience off camera & at the end? I was at the LLS last yr & Tubs literally ran off when the music ended.

M

sligojoek wrote: »
    Don't want to go off topic. Is it OK if I PM you?

Yes please do.

M

No show next week as 'People Of The Year Awards' is on instead

giphy.gif

Advertisement