Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunt: Showdown (Crytek)

Options
  • 22-02-2018 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

I notice noone on my steam list has bit yet :D

PVP/PVE at the same time mixed with killing something for something.

Out today on Early Access.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,322 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I played it one night in beta but only managed to get 1 game as it kept crapping out, what's it like to connect to now?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Got a key to it via pc gamer a few weeks back and uninstalled after an hour of trying to get over 20fps on low settings, to say it needs work is an understatement.
    Ive played countless early access games and this performs worse than anything ive ever played, escape from tarkov being a close 2nd.

Apart from that it seems a really good game to get into.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Getting high 40FPS with 1080 in 2160

Not a bad game, I am terrible at it tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Might as well merge the threads?

Dying to play this, but just don't have the hardware at the moment. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Its really really good.

It has some balance issues but im sure they will be worked out, higher level players are given god like equipment.

A looting option could balance things out but atm come up against a high level player and he will end you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭shootermacg

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Its really really good.

higher level players are given god like equipment.

A looting option could balance things out but atm come up against a high level player and he will end you.

Not really, the equipment gets better, but it's hard to beat the starter repeater rifle, which apparently is the easiest to aim. The looting option would be nice alright. The price of the later guns are crazy, but you often get hunters with good stuff.
    I've decided to just get cheap hunters and play with them until they die. You'll make a lot of cash and get good XP.

Don't bother hoarding guns, hunters etc, just fire one up, and get on with it. If my funds are getting low, I'll do a few clue runs without going for bounties just to get my cash up.

I'm really enjoying it, getting approx 50 fps, but it's playable. Love the atmosphere and the layout.

Advertisement