Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunt: Showdown

Options
  • 15-06-2017 2:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭

Does anyone remember Crytek announcing Hunt: Horrors of the Gilded Age back in 2014? The lazy analogy was that it looked like Victorian era L4D, although that was fine by me (I'm desperate for the next L4D-esque experience). Then things started going tits up for Crytek, and it seemed like nothing would come of this.

I forgot about it until a month ago, when this teaser trailer appeared out of nowhere.

Now called Hunt: Showdown (bleurgh), the vid gives the impression that the game has changed direction gameplay-wise as well.

This was confirmed at the Crytek booth at E3. It's now five teams of 2 players, fighting each other as well as demons and other nasties. A gushing article from PC Gamer can be found here. It might not appeal to everyone, but they had me at "feels more like multiplayer Stalker-meets-Resident Evil that just happens to feature permadeath".

kJs7a3WqHYtZqPVcPMZwbL-650-80.jpg

Supposedly looks amazing in the flesh, as you might expect from Crytek.

spBe3mHLbqZLT4Ta5su2KV-650-80.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Some gameplay footage, with annoying commentator.

Here's the same footage but with the original sound. Gives a small idea of the co-op side of things, as well as sound effects etc.

The game was also awarded PC Gamer's game of E3.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Looks interesting alright, I still dont know how this genre hasnt taken off yet 3 or more teams vs each other.

Arma had a savage mission where one team was the US Liberators, another was the Russian defenders and the 3rd were terrorists/freedom fighters who had to kill and steal **** to get better ****. All 3 fought vs each other.

Yeah, I like this idea of 2 vs 2 vs 2 etc. Could lend itself to lots of different approaches. I think PUBG lets you have two player teams as well (albeit 50 of them), and is insanely popular, but I'm hoping this has enough about it to stand out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Yeah, I like this idea of 2 vs 2 vs 2 etc. Could lend itself to lots of different approaches. I think PUBG lets you have two player teams as well (albeit 50 of them), and is insanely popular, but I'm hoping this has enough about it to stand out.

PUBG gives you a possible 25x4/50x2 but the objective is survival, Arma had a place to cap as such.

I cannot fathom how this hasnt been made in to a decent objective based game mode in a A title. Its there in mods and missions for various games.

• Advertisement

New trailer for Steam, but no new info really.

Advertisement