Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie hill climb challenge 2018 - Howth TT

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

8.15 for me.
    Was 12 seconds up on my PR but died a death at the end.
    But happy with that for my first real spin of the year.
    28 km out to Howth was already my second longest spin of the year out of the 380 km i had done.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1476128672

Looks like i went out way too fast. 34th overall from the Sutton X to the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

colm18 wrote: »
    Think we can close this one off now...all hail Baron de Charlus :-)

Baron de Charlus - 7:55
    rodneytrotter - 8:27
    devonp - 8:28
    colm18- 8:43
    magicbastarder-10:47 (Monday)
    NeedmoreGears-13:17 (Saturday)
    P1 -15:20 (Monday)

I should have done this. Would have made the top ten! (Just..)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

8.15 for me.
    Was 12 seconds up on my PR but died a death at the end.
    But happy with that for my first real spin of the year.
    28 km out to Howth was already my second longest spin of the year out of the 380 km i had done.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1476128672

Looks like i went out way too fast. 34th overall from the Sutton X to the top.

Great time . Same bike as my own I notice .
    Be good to give it another go on a mid summers evening when sub 8 is doable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Great time . Same bike as my own I notice .
    Be good to give it another go on a mid summers evening when sub 8 is doable

It was my first spin on the new bike today so even happier with my time because of that. Also my first time using a 52T front chainring.

Not great conditions today. Mostly crosswind with some tail wind.

Anyone else thing of going out to Howth, be careful coming down as their is lots of big stones on the road where they are building the 4 or 5 new houses.
    I don't know how i didn't get a blow out in my front tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Tried it again today, managed a slightly less shameful 13:52

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'm gumming to have another go too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

If it's not too late, put me in for 10.33. Six seconds slower than two years ago but at least I didn't end up in Beaumont A&E this time!

www.strava.com/activities/1487158729

• Registered Users Posts: 31,009 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

This is basically just a boards.ie Strava leaderboard now, right? :pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Lumen wrote: »
    This is basically just a boards.ie Strava leaderboard now, right? :pac:

I have trouble setting boundaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭deandean

I tried this last week on my new road bike and my time was <snip>. It was that bad. Does anyone have a plan on how to attack this TT? Is it simply full-on from the start? Or trying go for constant power output? Any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

deandean wrote: »
    I tried this last week on my new road bike and my time was <snip>. It was that bad. Does anyone have a plan on how to attack this TT? Is it simply full-on from the start? Or trying go for constant power output? Any advice?

Surely depends on you how you approach it? Personally if I go to hard at the start I can never recover and blow. I usually just try and keep a tempo that I can follow from start to finish

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

godtabh wrote: »
    Surely depends on you how you approach it? Personally if I go to hard at the start I can never recover and blow. I usually just try and keep a tempo that I can follow from start to finish

IE very slow

Advertisement