Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Codenames | Game 44

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

correct. play or pass?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Hmmm... watercoaching teaches form...

Form could be...

CONTRACT

correct, play or pass ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Woo!

Pass

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ice 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

CAP

correct, play or pass

Should have gone petrol 3 as was thinking that for petrol :)

HIMALAYAS

And pass

correct, play or pass.

• Advertisement

Rainwear 2

CLOAK

correct, play or pass

HOOD

If correct, pass.

I think we'll need to finish it next go beaker!

correct, play passes.

Vozidlo 3

Eh should be English words only unless it can be used in a sentence.

osh wrote: »
    Eh should be English words only unless it can be used in a sentence.

Im sorry, i wasnt aware of the english only rule.

carry on...

• Advertisement

Rule sper Wiki:
    Rules[edit]
    Codenames is a game of guessing which code names (words) in a set are related to a hint-word given by another player.[2]

Players split into two teams: red and blue. One player of each team is selected as the team's spymaster; the others are field operatives.

Twenty-five code name cards, each bearing a word, are laid out in a 5×5 rectangular grid, in random order. A number of these words represent red agents, a number represent blue agents, one represents an assassin, and the others represent innocent bystanders.

The teams' spymasters are given a randomly-dealt map card showing a 5×5 grid of 25 squares of various colors, each corresponding to one of the code name cards on the table. Teams take turns. On each turn, the appropriate spymaster gives a verbal hint about the words on the respective cards. Each hint may only consist of one single word and a number. The spymaster gives a hint that is related to as many of the words on his/her own agents' cards as possible, but not to any others - lest they accidentally lead their team to choose a card representing an innocent bystander, an opposing agent, or the assassin.

The hint's word can be chosen freely, as long as it is not (and does not contain) any of the words on the code name cards still showing at that time. Code name cards are covered as guesses are made.

The hint's number tells the field operatives how many words in the grid are related to the word of the clue. It also determines the maximum number of guesses the field operatives may make on that turn, which is the hint's number plus one. Field operatives must make at least one guess per turn, risking a wrong guess and its consequences. They may also end their turn voluntarily at any point thereafter.

After a spymaster gives the hint with its word and number, their field operatives make guesses about which code name cards bear words related to the hint and point them out, one at a time. When a code name card is pointed out, the spymaster covers that card with an appropriate identity card - a blue agent card, a red agent card, an innocent bystander card, or the assassin card - as indicated on the spymasters' map of the grid. If the assassin is pointed out, the game ends immediately, with the team who identified him losing. If an agent of the other team is pointed out, the turn ends immediately, and that other team is also one agent closer to winning. If an innocent bystander is pointed out, the turn simply ends.

The game ends when all of one team's agents are identified (winning the game for that team),[3] or when one team has identified the assassin (losing the game).

I was never ware words had to be in English

No worries. Yeah it's in the rules. I mean the rule book linked in the welcome thread

My bad, lets just call this game a blue win.

osh, want to try finish with that clue?

Yeah probably fairest. I'd have gone for Czech, helicopter and crane. Though last one mightn't be right anyway!

I'm happy to let clue go tbh as beaker wasn't aware. Go for it osh :)

yep, that'd be them. was banking on beaker not being able to link them three.

Well

CZECH

HELICOPTER

CRANE

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    yep, that'd be them. was banking on beaker not being able to link them three.

I did ...... Illegally.

Advertisement