Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Powerwasher 2100W with accessories - €99.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

Anyone try this out on the car? Worth the purchase or should I go for one of the nilfisk branded power washers?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Driveway is made of cobbles.

Would a powerwasher alone take care of it or would I need some sort of a degreaser?

You should get some degreaser detergent. It will make it easier to remove the stain when using your water lance or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Any idea if the patio attachment is compatible with Karcher... are the fittings the same shape?

Edit: I see now the examples on the previous page

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Slightly off topic.

I have a nasty thick oil stain on the driveway. The rain hasn't shifted any of it.

Would a powerwasher alone take care of it or would I need some sort of a degreaser?

Driveway is made of cobbles.

Pro tip: Coke is great for removing oil stains. Even supermarket brand stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

Picked one up this morning anyway, will be a week or two before I've a chance to try it out.

Into the shed with it, if there's room..:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

mloc123 wrote: »
    Any idea if the patio attachment is compatible with Karcher... are the fittings the same shape?

Edit: I see now the examples on the previous page
    Yup it is. There is an adaptor included that attached to to my trusty old Karcher kb1010. 
    The extension hose also works but lots of adapters need to be on it so lots of potential leaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Hi all

Lidl have a petrol power washer on sale this Thursday for €250. It's 180 bar.

Other than that not much detail about it. Anyone bought one of these before? It doesn't say if it's hose or barrel fed.

I'd be using it for footpaths, eaves etc. Would it be overkill for the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭turbostan

BullBauld wrote: »
    Hi all

Other than that not much detail about it. Anyone bought one of these before? It doesn't say if it's hose or barrel fed.

Got one of these last time they came in, late Feb I think. Have to say it's a serious machine. Great power, bit loud but economical too. I've done all the paths and walls here, it made short work of it all.
    I use it regularly on the cars too, its the main use I have for it, its a good idea to keep back a bit!! But with all the interchangeable nozzles it easy to find the right one for the job.
    I would definitely recommend this, it's a huge step up from the the electric power washers that I was used to, and I wouldn't like to go back to the hassle of extension leads out windows etc..
    This is more portable and easier to set up and put away. It can run directly off the hose or from a barrel, though I have only used the hose method so far.
    I think the safety net for me was the 3 year warranty, you wouldn't get that anywhere else, so it's peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭dodzy

BullBauld wrote: »
    Hi all

Absolutely. At that pressure, you’d be mad to go anyway near a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,811 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

dodzy wrote:
    Absolutely. At that pressure, you’d be mad to go anyway near a car.

I'd imagine you can adjust the pressure on them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

turbostan wrote: »
    Got one of these last time they came in, late Feb I think. Have to say it's a serious machine. Great power, bit loud but economical too. I've done all the paths and walls here, it made short work of it all.

Does it come with a lance or do you have to buy that separately?

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Thanks for all the replies.

They also have an electric pressure washer for €79, 135 bar that would be easier on the car but not as good on paths etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

thought this was a clothes washer for 100 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭turbostan

Does it come with a lance or do you have to buy that separately?

Comes with everything; lance, 4 nozzles, barrel pipe..
    The only thing you need to get is 0.6l oil (15w-40), as it comes dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jamemid

Would the 1800w for 80 e be strong enough for doing a small yard or would this be worth the extra 20e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

turbostan wrote: »
    Comes with everything; lance, 4 nozzles, barrel pipe..
    The only thing you need to get is 0.6l oil (15w-40), as it comes dry.

whats the oil for?

whats the oil for?

The engine, same as a lawnmower.

The engine, same as a lawnmower.

Never knew that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Anyone buy the Parkside petrol washer today or have one from before.
    I have tried everything but it just wont go.I got it started on 2 occasions for 20 seconds before it cut out.Is there an knack into starting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

mgn wrote: »
    Anyone buy the Parkside petrol washer today or have one from before.
    I have tried everything but it just wont go.I got it started on 2 occasions for 20 seconds before it cut out.Is there an knack into starting them.

just a thought did you put oil in it most likely has low level sensor.

if it has oil and petrol(not mixed) put choke, petrol, and engine on, once it starts turn choke off, if you try start it too many times it may be flooded and need to be left for a while

• Advertisement

TPM wrote: »
    just a thought did you put oil in it most likely has low level sensor.

if it has oil and petrol(not mixed) put choke, petrol, and engine on, once it starts turn choke off, if you try start it too many times it may be flooded and need to be left for a while

Got it working in the end.I had turned the fuel switch the same way as the choke when i was trying to start it.Thanks.

Got it working in the end.I had turned the fuel switch the same way as the choke when i was trying to start it.Thanks.

Have you tested it on the driveway/patio yet, how does it do?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

are you guys talking about the petrol one is it? I'm hearing fuel switch, choke, oil...

Have you tested it on the driveway/patio yet, how does it do?

Tried it out on a concrete yard today,no problem cleaning it.Some parts of the concrete that was in the shade was gone black but cleaned it off no problem.
    The only thing i don't like about it is for a small engine it makes an awful lot of noise and it seems to be a thirsty machine.

IvoryTower wrote: »
    are you guys talking about the petrol one is it? I'm hearing fuel switch, choke, oil...

Yes,The petrol one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Yes,The petrol one.

phew. thoughts i was after getting in over my head buying the 99e one

thanks

Does this come with a hose to connect it to the water supply ?

Does this come with a hose to connect it to the water supply ?

No,It only has a short suction hose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

hi can anyone tell me is this pressure washer on sale at the moment in lidl? hard to tell from the website

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

There were some in my local Lidl when I was in the shop a couple of days ago.

Advertisement