Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB selling bad loans - media whinefest

Options
  • 15-02-2018 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭

PTSB fianlly comign to their sense.

The leftist media are now having a hysterical whinefest supported by the new leftist FF party with the senstaionalist indo claiming "20,000 homeowners affected"

Sorry, but this shoudl have been doen YEARS ago.

These are NON PEFORMING loans. they have not responded to dozens of letters from PTSB, they refuse to engane, they pay NOTHING, they are loiving for FREE and its the taxpayer and variable rate mortgage holders paying for this large group of noin payers

So before anyone says they should be supported - thay have had EVRY POSSIBL support thrown at them and they STILL refuse to engage.

Bring on the european system - refuse to engage and be out on your ear within 90 days.

THEN we'll get 2% variable rate mortgages like european countries get.

But for FF and the hysterical media to say the banks are doing wrong - WAKE UP and smell the coffee. These non payers are scamming the taxpayer and other mortgage payers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

CeilingFly wrote: »
    PTSB fianlly comign to their sense.

The leftist media are now having a hysterical whinefest supported by the new leftist FF party with the senstaionalist indo claiming "20,000 homeowners affected"

Sorry, but this shoudl have been doen YEARS ago.

These are NON PEFORMING loans. they have not responded to dozens of letters from PTSB, they refuse to engane, they pay NOTHING, they are loiving for FREE and its the taxpayer and variable rate mortgage holders paying for this large group of noin payers

So before anyone says they should be supported - thay have had EVRY POSSIBL support thrown at them and they STILL refuse to engage.

Bring on the european system - refuse to engage and be out on your ear within 90 days.

THEN we'll get 2% variable rate mortgages like european countries get.

But for FF and the hysterical media to say the banks are doing wrong - WAKE UP and smell the coffee. These non payers are scamming the taxpayer and other mortgage payers.

i presume you work for this bank to know that they had every possible opportunity to engage?

fair play to ff and the media for their work, the banks deserve everything they get for what they did to this country, we shall never forget.
    the european system of having people out in 90 days is not viable for the tax payer of this country and we won't get 2% variable rate mortgages because it's likely not viable for the banks to give out such mortgages for such a small country.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

i presume you work for this bank to know that they had every possible opportunity to engage?

fair play to ff and the media for their work, the banks deserve everything they get for what they did to this country, we shall never forget.
    the european system of having people out in 90 days is not viable for the tax payer of this country and we won't get 2% variable rate mortgages because it's likely not viable for the banks to give out such mortgages for such a small country.

Ireland has an extremely casual approach to mortgage arrears. In almost every country you get to 90 days past due and the receiver/sheriff is out to evict you. Here we have people who haven't paid a bob in over a decade living happily in a house the taxpayer is paying for through the bank. Farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

‘ Fair play to ff.’.......seriously??

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

do the vulture fund parasites still have charitable status in Ireland?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Dev84

I'm in court myself soon.

I have mortgage arrears of 8500 but have entered into an agreement with the PTSB to have them paid off by March 2019 and have been told that as long as I am keeping to the agreement I am ok. Believe me, going into arrears is not a choice people make for lifestyle.

Most of the people who defaulted did not do it buy choice. It was a knock on issue of thew way the financial institutes carried.

Lets just remember that it's families being evicted here. The majority of cases are not going to be a gorse hill or arrears of 500,000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Dev84 wrote: »

I have mortgage arrears of 8500 but have entered into an agreement with the PTSB to have them paid off by March 2019 and have been told that as long as I am keeping to the agreement I am ok. Believe me, going into arrears is not a choice people make for lifestyle.

Most of the people who defaulted did not do it buy choice. It was a knock on issue of thew way the financial institutes carried.

Lets just remember that it's families being evicted here. The majority of cases are not going to be a gorse hill or arrears of 500,000.

people who have agreements are also being thrown to the vultures

hopefully you are lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Are you au fait with the ownership structure of PTSB? The 'banks' is us now!

Being evicted isn't nice.

Having the taxpayer shouldering non-payment isn't nice either.

But, which is it to be in your opinion?
    Can't have both.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Ireland has an extremely casual approach to mortgage arrears. In almost every country you get to 90 days past due and the receiver/sheriff is out to evict you. Here we have people who haven't paid a bob in over a decade living happily in a house the taxpayer is paying for through the bank. Farce.

we will be paying to rehouse them upon eviction most likely.
    topper75 wrote: »
    Are you au fait with the ownership structure of PTSB? The 'banks' is us now!

Being evicted isn't nice.

Having the taxpayer shouldering non-payment isn't nice either.

But, which is it to be in your opinion?
    Can't have both.

if us the tax payer having to deal with non-repayment is cheaper then eviction and rehousing then i would have to live with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,314 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

FF are leftist now?? When did that happen?

we will be paying to rehouse them upon eviction most likely.

if us the tax payer having to deal with non-repayment is cheaper then eviction and rehousing then i would have to live with it.

It isn't cheaper. The bailouts and financial crisis should have told you all you need to know about how costly it is to cover losses on non performing loans.

• Advertisement

people who have agreements are also being thrown to the vultures

hopefully you are lucky

Yeh I see. Although the Irish times say they have only sold the buy to lets so far.

An absolute disgrace. Whatever about people who owe hundreds of thousands and are not trying to engage with the banks its honest people like myself who will suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

Didnt the PTSB actively conspire and engage in Swindling mortgage customers ?

Wasn't it close to two thousand mortgages holders they stole from?

In other words, how many arrears were created by the Swindling crowd running the PTSB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Yeh I see. Although the Irish times say they have only sold the buy to lets so far.

An absolute disgrace. Whatever about people who owe hundreds of thousands and are not trying to engage with the banks its honest people like myself who will suffer.

I think that the received wisdom is that you should keep your head down and stay shtum! The current Irish mindset is that if you can get away with not repaying your mortgage then fair dues to you because the banks are b@stards! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

No - I was paying a 4.25% variable (now 3.3% fixed) for the past 8 years whilst a friend in France was paying 1.5% variable.

But in France your home is automatically repossessed is you do not pay three installments and not engage in an agreement

I have noy issue with anyone who enters agreements and respond to the banks - but thousands have purposely refused to engage or pay one cent. You and I are paying for these people in high rates. Imagine if your rate was 2% for the past 10 years - would you have needed to enter an agreement then? Possibly not - so those who refuse to engage and refuse to pay anything are possibly the casue of your high mortgage and needing to come to an agreement!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭circadian

The leftist media are now having a hysterical whinefest supported by the new leftist FF party with the senstaionalist indo claiming "20,000 homeowners affected".

This is a wind up, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

No you won't. Only "non performing" loans are being sold. A non-performing looand is one where no payment is being made and no agreement has been agreed.

Remember, if these strategic defaulters were not out there, your interest rate would be under 2.5% - and probably under 2%

Several European banks looked at the Irish market - they all declined due to how non payers are lauded over and that it costs a fortune to repossess a house from a non payer.

Remember, if these strategic defaulters were not out there, your interest rate would be under 2.5% - and probably under 2%

there is no real proof for that though. a bank is a profit making business and is not going to give 2% when it can get 4% . it's unlikely there would be a reduction if there were no strategic defaulters, it wouldn't make financial sense unless the rates of mortgages been taken up could be such that it would increase profits more then just keeping things as they are.
    Several European banks looked at the Irish market - they all declined due to how non payers are lauded over and that it costs a fortune to repossess a house from a non payer.

i don't really have a problem with that tbh, it's less banks to potentially have to hand over tax payer's money to when another crash happens. if the banks behaved responsibly then those banks deciding not to come to ireland would be an unfortunate situation. but we have to try and protect our country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

How is handing mortgage debt to a vulcture fund, going to turn a non performing loan, into a performing loan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Wow. How far to the right do you have to be to call the Independent 'leftist'?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Every. Single. Mortgage.
    Warning: Your home is at risk if you do not keep up payments on a mortgage or any other loan secured on it.

It’s nothing new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

At long last someone starts connecting the dots. The vast majority who didn't default and struggled through the last few years will wait a very long time for the joke of a bought and paid for media to address some plain thruths. Well done OP.

No you won't. Only "non performing" loans are being sold. A non-performing looand is one where no payment is being made and no agreement has been agreed.

I think your definition of a non performing loan is wrong? And i think i could be in bother.

https://m.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/explainer-how-permanent-tsbs-decision-to-sell-4bn-of-loans-could-affect-you-36606424.html

How is handing mortgage debt to a vulcture fund, going to turn a non performing loan, into a performing loan?

it's not. it's simply the bank taking what money it can and getting those loans off the books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Ireland has one of the lowest repossessions in European.

Its virtually impossible for the banks to repossess your home unless you dont engage in any way with them.

Ireland has one of the lowest repossessions in European.

Its virtually impossible for the banks to repossess your home unless you dont engage in any way with them.

Even then appear in court with a sob story and you're almost guaranteed to get an adjournment from the judge. Happens all the time and is reported in the media. These people are lauded as getting one up on the banks for some reason.

It's off the banks balance sheet so no longer an npl for them.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Even then appear in court with a sob story and you're almost guaranteed to get an adjournment from the judge. Happens all the time and is reported in the media. These people are lauded as getting one up on the banks for some reason.

In a minority of the cases this is true. Most people are trying to deal with their arrears but the banks dont want to know.

What do we do when these families are evicted? They still need to be housed at the tax payers expense.

In a minority of the cases this is true. Most people are trying to deal with their arrears but the banks dont want to know.

Do you have proof of that? We do know from central Bank figures there are thousands of people paying nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Thats not true.

By law once you engage in any way with the banks you cant be evicted.

Advertisement