Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plane down near Moscow

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

As usual, pilot error to blame.

the official statement didn't specify that it was the pilots that failed to turn the pitot heat on. All that was stated was that the heating was off without giving detail whether it was due to a pilot error or a malfunction. NY Post are really jumping ahead of theirselves

• Registered Users Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

If you overreact and push the nose down, it will in return cause momentary weightlessness even further making one believe that you are in a stall and as such the recovery should be initiated.

I guess that I don’t see the automatic relationship between momentary weightless and believing that you are in a stall. But there again I don’t know the stall characteristics of the An148.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

smurfjed wrote: »
    I guess that I don’t see the automatic relationship between momentary weightless and believing that you are in a stall. But there again I don’t know the stall characteristics of the An148.

neither do I.. I was just speculating about factors that could have played a part in a potential loss of situational awareness ..

Advertisement