Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 221 - Romero V Rockhold

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Sure look, now I'm expecting Hunto, Soa, and Junior Tafa to be there too.

Just me, you, and 5 big drunk Islanders with heavy hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

That's three really bad KOs Rockhold has taken now.

Tuivasa seriously impressive but given his style and, ah, physique (or lack thereof) it's pretty clear that he has a long way to go before he's ready for any of the bigger names, especially after looking at how easily Stipe handled Ngannou. Some chin and heart in Asker too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

surprised romero was such an underdog tbh, got a feeling the bisping ko may have left a mark on him, didn't look good against branch in that first round and now he has a long road ahead of him to get back in contention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I think Rockhold really needs to shore up his striking defense and footwork. The holes he always had are still there. He kept getting backed up against the cage a la JDS. Whittaker also would've fcked him up I'd say. Surprised he didn't try to initiate any grappling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Didactic Ninja

could rockhold be finished altogether?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

I think the talk of going to 205 could be imprudent. He's by no means undersized, but he likely couldn't take a smack there. Too many rounds of hard sparring, I'd say - AKA, sparring with Cain etc. It's not like he's been in any wars of note - at least to my recollection. Hardy pointed out that his fight average time has consistently been short for the most part.

Damaged software, hang on to your hardware and go model some more Luke. Doesn't seem like the type of lad that's short a few bob in any case.

Edit - also, the more you read of CTE, the more it seems to be in most cases cumulative, and not just the KO's that warrant focus. It is as though you have a life force bar that depletes with successive damage, both large and small.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I think the talk of going to 205 could be imprudent. He's by no means undersized, but he likely couldn't take a smack there. Too many rounds of hard sparring, I'd say - AKA, sparring with Cain etc. It's not like he's been in any wars of note - at least to my recollection. Hardy pointed out that his fight average time has consistently been short for the most part.

Damaged software, hang on to your hardware and go model some more Luke. Doesn't seem like the type of lad that's short a few bob in any case.

Edit - also, the more you read of CTE, the more it seems to be in most cases cumulative, and not just the KO's that warrant focus. It is as though you have a life force bar that depletes with successive damage, both large and small.

I think he was in one or two battles in Strikeforce, the Jacare and Tim Kennedy fights come to mind.

Advertisement