Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbed trolly

Options
  • 09-02-2018 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

Ok so need your help.

Twice since Christmas I have been the victim of a heinous robbery.

The trolly I have been using to do my shopping has been stolen from right beside my car while I've been loading it up or strapping the children.

At xmas I was on my own at my local dunnes,the trolly was in front of the car while I was loading it, it was dark, I had taken the last crate of beer into the boot and when I closed the boot and went to bring the trolly back and it was gone. I had only taken the crate out 10 seconds before hand, it hasn't rolled away or anything, It was taken. I couldn't see anyone near but maybe 3 different peoppe with trolleys in the distance, I couldn't tell who the culprit was.

Yesterday I was at tescos during the day time, I had loaded the shopping into the car but had one of the children in the trolly, I took her out and had to walk around the other side of the car to strap her into her car seat and the troll was on the other side, it should have been in my view but during this time I smelled something and was inspecting if the child had done her business in her nappy which momentarily distracted me. Upon returning to the side of the car it was gone,no one anywhere near me.

That's 2 euro I am now down due to brazeness of someone, I still haven't ruled out the child beinf involved but as she wasn't there the first time im keeping her as a person of interest.

I have contacted dunnes and Tescos security to ask for the CCTV and am awaiting their response, they seemed quite shocked and very interested in helping me locate the trolly thief.

I am being followed by the same person? Has anyone else been targeted?

In the mean time I want you guys assistance on how I can catch this guy?

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,063 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Clamp it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Get yourself some Sterling tuppence coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Next time the child does her business wipe it on the trolly handle and wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Get a dash cam. Put it on the trolley.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,073 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Be a man and carry everything to the car in one trip.

Pft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Put a tracker in the trolley.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭RoboRat

I smell a troll.....y

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Just wheel it home and throw it into the canal like normal people do

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

early onset alsheimers?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

silverharp wrote: »
    early onset alsheimers?

Is it yourself Mr. Connery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Pretty obvious that peoplekind's worst nightmare has become a reality.

Shopping trollies have become self aware and are rebelling.

Once freed from the shackles of the coin-operated locking mechanisms foisted on them by hupeople they are escaping and making their way to that mythical shopping trolly only island where they can practice yoga and cooking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Have a ****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Taken 4s new plot

Queue Liam Neeson in Dunnes

If you return my trolly I promise that will be the end of it
    But if you dont
    I will find you
    and
    I will kill you

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

Release the hounds

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

daveyeh wrote: »
    Release the hounds
    The Hound of the Basketvilles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

Just to clarify the above really did happen to me so I'm trying to bring humour to it .

Granted it's only 2 quid stolen but it makes you feel really uneasy that someone would be so brazen to steal your trolly from right next too you, it's not nice

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Just to clarify the above really did happen to me so I'm trying to bring humour to it .

Granted it's only 2 quid stolen but it makes you feel really uneasy that someone would be so brazen to steal your trolly from right next too you, it's not nice

they make such a racket though, youd have to be high not to hear it being moved

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Fool my trolley once shame on you.

Fool my trolley twice shame on me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Someone is clearly watching you so next time when you reach the car, put your hand down the back of your trousers and pretend to rummage around your poo pipe, take your hand out and pretend to smell it and then move your hand away dramatically as if the smell from it is overwhelming and then wipe your hand on the handle of the trolley.

No one will touch your trolley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Pull yourself together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

How didn’t you hear the wheels rattling when they stole it or was it some kind of stealth trolley?maybe the thief carries a can of wd40 and gives the wheels a shoteen of oil while you are distracted and then slips away into the night in total silence.
    It’s the perfect crime.a medium sized can would do hundreds of trolleys boosting the thief’s income tenfold with his only overhead being the price of the can,with the added bonus of having a fleet of super smooth trolleys which are 100% rust proof.come to think of it I reckon this could be an inside job.an employee of the shop.op by any chance does the shop in question sell wd40.

silverharp wrote: »
    they make such a racket though, youd have to be high not to hear it being moved

True but in a car park of a shopping centre there so much racket going on you can't tell what's your trolly, someone else's, someone's car etc....also you aren't expecting your trolly to be robbed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

first world problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Sounds odd op but I wouldn't worry. Doubt anyone is following you to steal your trolleys :/

I was on holiday years ago and stupidly left the apartment door unlocked while down at the pool and the place got ransacked. There were a couple of boxes of 200 packs of cigarettes and litre bottles of vodka there but they left them and left the CD player but for some reason decided to take my fcuking cds which weren't even in the right cases and included my Trigger Happy soundtrack cd :mad: :confused:

first world problems

Sorry I didn't know theft was reserved only for the people of the first world

• Registered Users Posts: 12,777 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Sorry for your loss OP.

I'll light a candle for you.

*hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Sorry I didn't know theft was reserved only for the people of the first world

How do you know it was theft? Maybe someone saw the trolly and thought it was abandoned

• Registered Users Posts: 6,712 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Next time you're in France, pop in to any supermarket or diy shop and grab a fistful of free trolley tokens.

Next time some stingy Irish person robs your trolley, they'll be devastated when all they get back for it is a bit of plastic. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Lorelli! wrote: »
    Sounds odd op but I wouldn't worry. Doubt anyone is following you to steal your trolleys :/

I was on holiday years ago and stupidly left the apartment door unlocked while down at the pool and the place got ransacked. There were a couple of boxes of 200 packs of cigarettes and litre bottles of vodka there but they left them and left the CD player but for some reason decided to take my fcuking cds which weren't even in the right cases and included my Trigger Happy soundtrack cd :mad: :confused:

Same thing happened the McCanns when they were on holiday. Left the duty free etc ......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Lorelli! wrote: »

Did they take your trolley too ?

Advertisement