Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Match preview and thread: IRE v ITA (Sat 10th Feb 14:15) TV3, ITV & FR2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

All I can see in that photo is my dad!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Second from the left maybe?
    stephen_n wrote: »
    I would imagine he's second from the left, but it's very hard to tell. Mad to think he is now playing alongside Healy.
    D14Rugby wrote: »
    He's the kid second from the left
    kuang1 wrote: »
    Between the 1st and 3rd guys on the left methinks.

Ben Betts.
    Yeah. According to The Indo, that's him with the flag, second from the left in front of molloyjh's dad. :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

molloyjh wrote: »
    All I can see in that photo is my dad!

Cian Healy is your dad???

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Cian Healy is your dad???

Don't be silly. Cian Healy was only a pup in that photo.

Molloy's dad is Chris Whitaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,981 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Apparently Jordan Larmour is one of the kids in the guard of honour for Leinster in a match in 2009 against Edinburgh. Can't pick him out from this photo, anyone else want to hazard a guess?

?width=630&version=3843069

Not sure which kid is Larmour but Healy has his game face on for sure:

"Must knock on, must get yellow card"

• Advertisement

The 42 live is well worth a watch. People were talking about Darren Cave on the Left Wing, but Stephen Ferris is brilliant on this. Hilarious stuff and some really great iinsights into Irish and Ulster rugby. Also Murray Kinsella of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Stephen Ferris is brilliant on this. Hilarious stuff and some really great iinsights into Irish and Ulster rugby..

Having watched Fez multiple times on BBC now....

tenor.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 40,993 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The 42 live is well worth a watch. People were talking about Darren Cave on the Left Wing, but Stephen Ferris is brilliant on this. Hilarious stuff and some really great iinsights into Irish and Ulster rugby. Also Murray Kinsella of course.

yeah it was a good piece... interesting comments on deysel.

Buer wrote: »
    Having watched Fez multiple times on BBC now....

tenor.gif

I'd have said the same until I saw this. Clearly he's a bit constrained on the BBC. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,002 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

sydthebeat wrote: »
    yeah it was a good piece... interesting comments on deysel.

What did he say?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,993 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

What did he say?

basically questioned why ulster were buying in players not deemed good enough for munster.... and not good enough for ulster as shown by his omission from the squad this evening.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    basically questioned why ulster were buying in players not deemed good enough for munster.... and not good enough for ulster as shown by his omission from the squad this evening.
    Yeah. This is what I meant when I said he was a lot less constrained than when he's on the BBC. Also interesting on pretty much any subject he spoke on: Declan Kidney, Paul O'Connell, Joe Schmidt, Les Kiss, Logan (listen up awec ;)) and finally Donnacha O'Callaghan banging his head against lockers. :D

No more sleeps no more sleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Heavy rain and strong wind alert from MT Cranium in weather section. Good thing they got practice in last weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,981 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Off to bed, hopefully the alarm works and I don't miss this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

We need a good win here...bonus point...big performance from Larmour would be nice, no major injuries and maybe carberry ontge field at the same time as sexton to see if they gel and can interchange

ixus wrote: »
    Heavy rain and strong wind alert from MT Cranium in weather section. Good thing they got practice in last weekend!
    Rain is due to clear this morning and to be dry and bright with more rain coming from the west in the late afternoon. So that looks like it'll be dry and windy for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

ixus wrote: »
    Rain is due to clear this morning and to be dry and bright with more rain coming from the west in the late afternoon. So that looks like it'll be dry and windy for the game.

Ball in hand so....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Currently dry and sunny in the city center but windy. If it stays like this it would be good for running rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

About to hit the road

Hopefully a good game and big Irish win

Hopefully Larmour comes on and scores cause we will be in melt down on here if he plays crap

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    About to hit the road

Hopefully a good game and big Irish win

Hopefully Larmour comes on and scores cause we will be in melt down on here if he plays crap

No we won't hes a damn fine attacking talent and he should do well when he's on... but he won't be crucified if he doesn't set the world alight

No we won't hes a damn fine attacking talent and he should do well when he's on... but he won't be crucified if he doesn't set the world alight

You have been around here long enough to know that’s not true, Stockdale comes to mind instantly.

stephen_n wrote: »
    You have been around here long enough to know that’s not true, Stockdale comes to mind instantly.

There was a few at fault for the try against France... doesn't mean one collective mistake will get the guy crucified... regular posters normally see the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Great OP.

That drop goal still gets my hair standing on ends.

Even better without the commentary.

There was a few at fault for the try against France... doesn't mean one collective mistake will get the guy crucified... regular posters normally see the difference.

I mean he did get crucified for a mistake that wasn’t solely his and some of it was by regular posters. I don’t think Larmour would get a free pass on here if he plays badly. Don’t think it will happen, he’s clearly a very focused guy and has made every step up with ease so far, though he may play a more conservative game than some would wish, a la Montpelier.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I shall miss this game as I am giving away a bride at 3pm (not a daughter, an aunt, so I might be able to catch the first half).

Here's to a better performance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I shall miss this game as I am giving away a bride at 3pm (not a daughter, an aunt, so I might be able to catch the first half).

Here's to a better performance!

If you're giving her away just stick her on done deal and get somebody else to do it

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I shall also miss this game. Damn trampolines.

Colour me intrigued... :confused::)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Do you know the difference between a trampoline and a banjo?

You take your shoes off to jump up and down on a trampoline.:D:D:D

Advertisement