Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daylightr Savings

Options
  • 08-02-2018 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,836 ✭✭✭✭

Well it could be a thing of the past.
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/latest-european-parliament-approves-proposal-to-end-bi-annual-clock-change-826985.html

I'm not bothered one way or the other about it, but what I would think could be nice to see would be for us & UK (don't think it can happen without them on board) to not fall back the hour next October. Impact would be we fall into line with mainland Europes time and (If I've got my maths correct);

If no further changes were made then our summer nights would be as bright as ever, no change to them. Winter nights would stay a bit brighter for an hour longer than we are used to.

But if daylight changes continued leaped forward an hour as normal from the following March, then we can an extra hours brightness in the summers also.

Further bonus, leave it at that, last change in March & no more changes ever after. Then we get the extra hour brightness in summer evenings but we get 2 extra hours brightness in winter evenings.

I understand that there is a flip side which would mean mornings would be darker. But that is really only in the winter, as during the summer it gets bright a long time before most of us get out of bed anyway. Darker mornings are gloomy, but as it is, in winter time, its pretty dark anyway when most of us leave the house for work/school.

My vote is for brighter nights and darker mornings, now have your say After Hours

Daylight Savings & European Times, which do you choose 8 votes

Leave things as they are
    0%
    Scrap the daylight savings altogether (darker summer nights)
    50%
    prunudoDebDynamiteThe Little Fellawawaman 4 votes
    Fall into line with Europe & keep daylight savings changes
    37%
    xtal191LithiumKid1976Rory28 3 votes
    Fall into line with Europe & scrap daylight savings
    12%
    dotsman 1 vote
    Fall into line with Eurpoe & keep daylight savings permanently
    0%

Comments

Advertisement