Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Diary Room (Off-Topic Chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

neonsofa wrote: »
    Emma Willis is so beautiful.

I dont care that she is shrieky or a terrible interviewer.

All of this is true

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

All of them have been kinda boring. There have been moments in each but like, the other 55 minutes.... they shoulda shown best clips of each series.

Yes they should have shown the highlights of each series, thats what I was hoping for.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

Are any of the episodes worth watching? Watched the jade one and it was grim even forwarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

I'm finding it difficult to comprehend that Liverpool could be champions tonight.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Anyone see Brian Dowling’s insta stories? He seems to be hurt that they seem to have completely erased him from ever hosting the show. He referenced a part last night where Emma was asked how she felt being asked to take over hosting duties from Davina, and that it hurt him to hear that because he was the one who took over from Davina and they’re acting like he never existed. He made some very valid points tbh. Even if he was rubbish at presenting, which he was - woeful in fact!(which he often admits himself) he deserves the respect of being mentioned. Very odd!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

I didn't see it but that is bad form. Brian is a huge BB fan, just like Rylan was. It sucks that he didn't do a great job presenting but he is an iconic BB figure. I loved him in the house. They did him the dirty.

wyrn wrote: »
    I didn't see it but that is bad form. Brian is a huge BB fan, just like Rylan was. It sucks that he didn't do a great job presenting but he is an iconic BB figure. I loved him in the house. They did him the dirty.

He is iconic! A massive part of the fabric of the show. From hearing him speak it doesn’t sound like there’s any love lost between himself and production there. Reading between the lines he seems to be hurt about them going behind his back and asking Emma to host, and now pretending he never presented it. He spoke well though, he doesn’t sound bitter or anything. Just sad and disappointed and kind of embarrassed that they’re acting like he never hosted.

Absolutely. I read a quote from him saying that he didn't blame Emma for taking the job but that he wished she could have reached out. He's so much more gracious than I would have been in his position

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Anyone see Brian Dowling’s insta stories? He seems to be hurt that they seem to have completely erased him from ever hosting the show. He referenced a part last night where Emma was asked how she felt being asked to take over hosting duties from Davina, and that it hurt him to hear that because he was the one who took over from Davina and they’re acting like he never existed. He made some very valid points tbh. Even if he was rubbish at presenting, which he was - woeful in fact!(which he often admits himself) he deserves the respect of being mentioned. Very odd!

Oh bless him, that is really mean. I love Brian <3

Oh bless him, that is really mean. I love Brian <3

Same. I love him and his husband. Such a lovely couple <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

I just watched his story. I really envy people who can discuss their feelings and not break down into a puddle while doing so. He just states he was hurt and gives his reasons in a very matter of fact and dignified way. If it were me my chin would start wobbling and my voice would be all high pitched :pac:

But its exactly as he said, they are re writing history, and his feelings were hurt when Emma was essentially given his job from under him. And then for them to not acknowledge him, its disrespectful. I am glad he said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Davina is on This Morning covering for Holly, career resurgence

Watched Brian's stories and he was very dignified. He had great composure and he feelings are so valid. He's right, his peers don't respect him and that's really tough and hard not to take personally.

This tweet from Davina really turned me off her. She's being a bit smart
    https://twitter.com/ThisisDavina/status/1276072030308352000

This line is a load of pants
    Rylan is the only other person I could present this show with. No one can argue that.
    https://twitter.com/ThisisDavina/status/1276084782678630400

Yeah she’s deflecting and making it about him as a housemate when even Brian himself said it’s not about that and he never needed validation that he was there. He was just hurt that they never mentioned his hosting duties when they had ample opportunity to and everyone else (bar Russell Brand but I doubt he gives a shlte!) seems to have been given a nod.
    They made out that Emma took the torch from Davina when that is not true, so take a seat Davina sis!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Isn’t Arthur so wholesome...I just love the way they are so involved with their nieces and nephews in Kildare. Love them both too!

Wasn't Rylan and Emma the C5 presenters not C4/E4

Rfrip wrote: »
    Isn’t Arthur so wholesome...I just love the way they are so involved with their nieces and nephews in Kildare. Love them both too!

I think I love him more than I love Brian! He’s adorable. And I love how he has just immersed himself into the stereotypical Irish country household with Brian’s rake of nieces and nephews and sisters. It must be such a culture shock but he embraces it and is always so happy!

I think I love him more than I love Brian! He’s adorable. And I love how he has just immersed himself into the stereotypical Irish country household with Brian’s rake of nieces and nephews and sisters. It must be such a culture shock but he embraces it and is always so happy!

I know! He’s so positive! Such a culture shock exactly! L.A to Kildare! He’s also extremely handsome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I love Brian and Arthur on Instagram. They seem to have a great relationship.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Wasn't Rylan and Emma the C5 presenters not C4/E4
    I know Emma did work with BB during the Channel 4 era. I remember her on BBLB. But Rylan is pure Channel 5.

Rylan has tweeted about it. I still think it's insensitive leaving him
    https://twitter.com/Rylan/status/1276199284149534722

• Advertisement

I'm finding it difficult to comprehend that Liverpool could be champions tonight.

giphy.gif

Even as MU fan, happy for Klopp and the team, long overdue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Some strange episodes shown the last two weeks. And no fight night!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,835 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Bump :D

I am addicted to real housewives
    On to season two now of Beverly Hills. The wealth is just incredible

That’s all my news :)

I came across a show called Bromans, Gladiator meets Love Island, was I entertained, no but I ended up watching

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

giphy.gif

7b44f42d609d2eb34c32f6cf9b318f06.gif

Stupid glitch .

• Advertisement

Rfrip wrote: »
    I am addicted to real housewives
    On to season two now of Beverly Hills. The wealth is just incredible

That’s all my news :)

Have you a favourite housewife that annoys you yet ? !

Advertisement