Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[PSVR] Bargain Alerts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,296 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

the story of the "original" Polybius is fascinating

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polybius_(urban_legend)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I like AVGN's video about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I want to buy Knockout League from the US store, what's the easiest way to go about it?

I want to buy Knockout League from the US store, what's the easiest way to go about it?

Amazon.com always works for me. I use my Revolut card for best exchange rate

Was worth the effort. It's one of the best VR games I've played. Absolutely goosed after playing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

You can also get US/Canadian/UK/Oz PSN credit at PCGameSupply. They often do discounts too, usually 10%, sometimes 20%.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭hangar18_

Playstation vr starter pack in smyths now 349.99, very tempted to pick one up at this price

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/virtual-reality/virtual-reality-devices/playstation-vr-starter-pack/p/164471

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭TacoMan

hangar18_ wrote: »
    Playstation vr starter pack in smyths now 349.99, very tempted to pick one up at this price

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/virtual-reality/virtual-reality-devices/playstation-vr-starter-pack/p/164471

It's a lot of cash to drop at once but you won't regret it. I got this exact package with Gran Turismo on Black Friday for 300, but its easily worth 350, even 400....

There's loads of free VR stuff in the store to try out too.

I gave a non-gamer mate a go of it yesterday and his mind was blown. He played Shark Encounter (bricking it, lol) and The London Heist from VR Worlds then a quick go of the VR mission from the first Star Wars Battlefront (which is a free download and easily worth the price of BF1 alone).

It's a pity stores don't have a demo of the PSVR set up so people can give it a go before dropping the cash on it.

TacoMan wrote: »
    It's a pity stores don't have a demo of the PSVR set up so people can give it a go before dropping the cash on it.

A demo in Gamestop is the only reason I bought mine... I had no interest in getting a Rift or anything before that.

Now I have a PSVR and a Rift!

hangar18_ wrote: »

I hope you didn't buy it? I can't post links as I'm a newbie, but search 'ps vr' on Smyths and you'll see
    the Starter Pack + The Inpatient for the same price,
    or the Starter Pack + Skyrim (€55 on its own) for €360,
    or the Starter Pack + Move controllers (really expensive on their own usually) + The Inpatient + Superhot VR for €410.

I'd suggest going for the €360 or €410 bundle for the best value.

Oh and if you plan on getting any shooters I'd advise getting the Farpoint + Aim controller bundle for €60 too :) - the Aim controller is in short supply and usually costs a lot more.

• Advertisement

Starter Kit is €339.99 incl delivery on DID.ie using 15% off code "FLASH"

Bravo Team and Aim Controller for £49.99 .. that's about €56!

Can probably sell Bravo Team for €20 in Cex or similar

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bravo-Team-Controller-Bundle-PSVR/dp/B078W9LBLG/

Bravo Team is being called one of the worst games ever made.

I don't really think Cex care. They'll pay top dolla for a new game. Great deal for a new Aim controller.

I'm just after completing Doom VFR with my Aim and its been awesome. Great game and scary too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Bravo Team is being called one of the worst games ever made.

It’s basically just a VR Time Crisis, which isn’t a bad setup idea. I’ve looked at videos , and the main issue looks like it will be the way the game handles moment. It takes you out of your first person view, and you watch yourself move from one location to another, and then jump back into your body. As far as VR experiences go, I’d say this would be very frustrating. I’d imagine the devs are working on an update which will give you an alternative setup, which I’m guessing will improve the game a great deal.

I'd say they were under pressure from Sony to release it in a semi finished state since they had the Aim bundles due for release

kerplun k wrote: »
    It’s basically just a VR Time Crisis, which isn’t a bad setup idea. I’ve looked at videos , and the main issue looks like it will be the way the game handles moment. It takes you out of your first person view, and you watch yourself move from one location to another, and then jump back into your body. As far as VR experiences go, I’d say this would be very frustrating. I’d imagine the devs are working on an update which will give you an alternative setup, which I’m guessing will improve the game by a great deal.

According to Eurogamer, it also has terrible AI, a limited weapon selection (with some weapons not even working properly), very linear levels and muddy graphics.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-03-04-bravo-team-review-an-astonishingly-bad-vr-shooter-from-a-team-that-should-know-better

It's a shame, I think the devs could've made it into something special if they weren't stretched so thin.

I reckon I'm still up for getting it (albeit at a much reduced rate) since I like it for what it is: Time Crisis.

I reckon I could buy that bundle for €55, sell the unused Aim for €40 and get €15/€20 for the game once I've completed it.

There's also the chance they will be updating it.

Some great deals out on the US PS4 store, especially if you sign up for the free 2 day Plus trial

Archangel - $5.99

Starblood Arena - $5.99

Driveclub - $5.99

Eagle Flight - $14.79

Statik - $7.99

Rigs - $8.99

Tumble VR - $2.99

• Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

Anyone play Archangel yet?

• Advertisement

Doge wrote: »

Considering getting it this eve, have you tried it?

Also bought Honor and Duty for $1.39!

Apparently it's barely two hours long. Even at the sale price that made me hesitate. I'm gonna wait until it's on PS+.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clP0y6_uuCU

I love short games so more than happy to spend €4.90 on something that will last me 3 hours.

Started into Archangel last night. It's on rails which I didn't realise but its quite addictive and you do need to vary between the weapons you use. I played on an OG and it looks great but I'd say it looks fantastic on a Pro.

Honor and Duty is exceptional for the price! Like Wolfenstein in VR. Great game to play with Aim controller and a steal at €1!

mrcheez wrote: »
    Started into Archangel last night. It's on rails which I didn't realise but its quite addictive and you do need to vary between the weapons you use. I played on an OG and it looks great but I'd say it looks fantastic on a Pro.

Honor and Duty is exceptional for the price! Like Wolfenstein in VR. Great game to play with Aim controller and a steal at €1!

Guess I'll give H&D a go for a quid :). Cheers for the heads-up, I never would have heard of it otherwise.

The multiplayer is supposed to be great craic. I don't have Plus so just played the single player which has kinda funny AI, but it's decent fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Question from a VR noob.

I have an Irish PS account, can you download these cheapies from the US store?
    And if so, how do I go about doing it?

NIMAN wrote: »
    Question from a VR noob.

I have an Irish PS account, can you download these cheapies from the US store?
    And if so, how do I go about doing it?

You can play US PSN games on your Irish account yup. This link shows how to do it (it's based on having a UK account, but works the same for Irish accounts).

https://www.nowgamer.com/ps4-how-to-buy-us-digital-psn-games/

Instead of faffing about with Amazon though, you can get US PSN credit from here

http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/sony-playstation-network-cards/US-Region/

I've bought credit from there a few times for my US and Canadian accounts. It works with every country as far as I know - you could play Indonesian PSN games on your Irish account if you wanted to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Arizona sunshine is half price on us/can psn for psplus customers. Do the psplus trick for 2 days and then use the 20% deal that was linked on the playstation bargains thread for a very good price.

Advertisement