Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Investing using Value Averages(Calculator attached)

• 03-02-2018 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Ive been reading up on different investing strategies and found this article comparing Dollar-Cost Averaging And Value Averaging
    https://www.investopedia.com/articles/stocks/07/dcavsva.asp

I created an excel calculator(attached below) which uses the Value Averaging method. Can some of the investors here check it out and see if the formulas are correct etc and let me know if its useful or not

Hopefully it will be useful for people here, especially newbies who might not want to risk a lump sum investment starting out and instead limit their risk by investing gradually over time.

Let me know what you think of the methods in the article and whether the excel calculator can be improved.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Ive been reading up on different investing strategies and found this article comparing Dollar-Cost Averaging And Value Averaging
    https://www.investopedia.com/articles/stocks/07/dcavsva.asp

I created an excel calculator(attached below) which uses the Value Averaging method. Can some of the investors here check it out and see if the formulas are correct etc and let me know if its useful or not

Hopefully it will be useful for people here, especially newbies who might not want to risk a lump sum investment starting out and instead limit their risk by investing gradually over time.

Let me know what you think of the methods in the article and whether the excel calculator can be improved.

Thanks

No offence, but opening macro enabled documents from a stranger with very few posts on a cryptocurrency forum doesn't seem like such a clever idea from where I'm sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭crytoadvice

Apologies, ill change it regular workbook

Ive changed it above to .xlsx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

smacl wrote: »
    No offence, but opening macro enabled documents from a stranger with very few posts on a cryptocurrency forum doesn't seem like such a clever idea from where I'm sitting.

"Here kids, take these sweets"

"Here kids, take these sweets"

Was a genuine mistake uploading it as macro enabled. The calculator was part of a large macro enabled workbook so I copied the workbook and removed the other sheets before uploading but forgot to change the extension.

I can upload a screenshot of the workbook and post the formulas here if someone wants to try it that way

• Advertisement
Advertisement