Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Do Manual Handling certs need to be renewed?

• 02-02-2018 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭ Worztron

Hi. Do Manual Handling certs need to be renewed? Or do they last for life? Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭ shamrock55

Don't think any of these certs last for life,it's all a bloody money racket,I'm doing my safe pass on Mon for the hundreth time

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭ e.r

2 years I think, money spinner big time.
    Should be incorporated with the Safepass

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭✭ DuckyFuzz

Every 3 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,199 boardsuser1

3 years for me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,899 ✭✭✭✭ The Princess Bride

2 years for me - healthcare.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭ Bruthal

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Don't think any of these certs last for life,it's all a bloody money racket,I'm doing my safe pass on Mon for the hundreth time

Yes, its a bit of a money spinner alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭ Dr Turk Turkelton

The day after it expires you will immediately lose the ability to safely lift anything without doing yourself an injury.
    They are a joke and the safepass should only be a refresher course for a couple of hours at most every four years.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 Cantona's Collars

I had to renew mine recently,2 years for me iirc.

Renewed my safepass last year and it was the exact same as the first time I did it when it originally launched and all the times in between. A money racket is right. There should be a brief refresher course for anyone holding any of these certs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭ Worztron

What a racket alright. We must repeatedly be taught common sense over and over again. So I'll take it as 2-3 years.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭ Skatedude

3 years, but companies will often tech you how to lift up an empty cardboard box every year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭ Worztron

Skatedude wrote: »
    3 years, but companies will often tech you how to lift up an empty cardboard box every year.

Yes, picking up a box is so complicated that we all seem to keep forgetting. ;)

Advertisement