Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell - Snow & Ice Possible Thursday 8th / Friday 9th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

Nice dusting in West Galway and starting to snow again right now. Lovely to see really.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Good covering areas north Cork Limerick Tipperary border. Galtee mountains looking like somewhere in the alps ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Another light flurry here in Sligo Town. Still a dusting in the estate, little slippy underfoot where is froze overnight, drive to South Donegal this afternoon could be interesting if further falls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

gozunda wrote: »
    Good covering areas north Cork Limerick Tipperary border. Galtee mountains looking like somewhere in the alps ;)

Have you a picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Have you a picture?

The upload thing keeps telling me my images are too big. Will need to get access to the laptop ...

Edit: Just started snowing here again :D

Big white fluffy flakes coming straight down ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Good covering currently in Castlebar after a heavy fall in the last half hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Snowing lightly again in Galway city.
    Untreated roads and paths are frozen solid - I witnessed a couple of triple salchows on my drive to work!
    Temp 1.3C
    DP 0.0C

• Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭pad199207

Lumi wrote: »
    Snowing lightly again in Galway city.
    Untreated roads and paths are frozen solid - I witnessed a couple of triple salchows on my drive to work!
    Temp 1.3C
    DP 0.0C

Triple what?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Nice shower heading towards Cork City on radar at moment but looks like it is losing intensity , could be rain too.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Nuno

Lovely morning in Cavan

40132076022_90d2fd3356_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

Very light dusting here in Virginia. Seems it froze over too. Footpaths absolutely lethal

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

Congrats to the good people of cork who have been waiting for the shield to buckle and collapse for many years. Long may it continue, you deserve it. And glad to see many other areas reporting snow. Now for the Bray/Greystones shield, come on you can do it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Was snowing heavy for 5 mins here in cork city. Stopped now

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

Nice dusting in East Galway city.
    The sun is out in force now though and sky completely clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

A nothing burger of an event in Dublin. Or in my part anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Snowing lightly again in Castlebar, but proper fluffy flakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Heavy snow here, around 3cm fell in a heavy shower that lasted about a half hour.
    Pic taken as I drive just up the road from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Mr Bumble

Where's that edward? About 3267 flakes fell in Delgany at 5am ish and they're all still here.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Mr Bumble wrote: »
    Where's that edward? About 3267 flakes fell in Delgany at 5am ish and they're all still here.....

I'm in south Cavan, it was snowing heavily as I left home, pic taken just across the border in North Longford on the Aughnacliffe to Moyne road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Just another small shower here.

South Sligo
    90m asl

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

slight dusting here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭OldRio

About an inch of lying snow in Leitrim this morning. Snowed a lot between about 9am and 10am. Crept into work. Ice snow and driving are not a good mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Nice dusting in East Co Meath. About 1cm on the car, frozen solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Yeah same around my part in Dublin 8; we got away with it thank goodness but it is very cold here all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 23,877 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

It was never going to be, compared to Monday night, but in the bigger picture its cooling the ground right down which is important for the week ahead, or even weeks ahead. The conditions look promising for some widespread wintry falls during the coming week and especially towards next weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

What's the story for the weekend? Or is that a new thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

pilly wrote: »
    What's the story for the weekend? Or is that a new thread.

New thread

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

Rain in East Galway City. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Very slight dusting here this morning, surprised the showers made it through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

A couple of cm here this morning and snow patches still lingering in the shade and on north facing roofs.

New Moon

Advertisement