Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit worried? mod note in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Watch the peaks and lows. Take Eth, let's say it's peak was 1,200 in end 2017 and during the subsequent "crypto winters" fell to sub 100 euros. Call that 12 to 1

What was Eth's peak this time? 4200 euros (very roughly), so I'd only touch it, dividing by 12, at sub 500 (to account for the extra intra-peak crypto "tax")

That's in an organic fall, it there's some catastrophic regulation of crypto, then I'd have to see the circumstances.

TLDR I'd only start my DCA at sub 500 euros for Eth.

Personally I don't expect it to fall as low as 500 naturally, but I've been wrong many times before.

Post edited by Dohnjoe on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, but is anyone getting constant messages from random Asian pretty girls (and boys) encouraging them to invest in COINBASE. This has all the hallmarks of a total scam but many people in this country will be taken in by it. Surprising this is not being reported in the media/crimecall. Surely people deserve to be warned about this.??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Telegram per chance? "Pig-Butchering Scam" - end up sending the money to their wallet address. You would think anyone with enough know how to invest in crypto would be a bit more savvy but I guess there is always the greedy ones out there who see dollar signs in their eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Heard a few cases now where people are getting simple whatsapp messages. Starts with a good few "get to know you" chats about various topics like sport, cars, holidays etc and builds up to making money and huge profit. Wonder how they obtain peoples numbers and it seems to be in clusters throughout the country. And no doubt the greedy ones are out there and will fall for it.

Yeah whatsapp is what I meant not telegram, notorious for it - usually starts as oh wrong person then gets into conversation, just random number generator

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

One thing to keep in mind is that the available supply of Bitcoin on exchanges is shrinking and large buyers are buying ‘over the counter’ which is not reflected in the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Terra dumping their Bitcoin for cash means no supply squeeze for a while at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Luna now trading at €4.5 and UST at €0.40. Incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dougal0691

terra is down 95% over the last 24 hours.

terra also has the terra usd stable coin which is pegged to the us dollar. it was trading at 31 cents at one stage.

I didnt read up too much on it at the time but terra bought billions of bitcoin lately. I think it was to keep it in reserve so if there was a danger of the stable coin de-pegging the bitcoin could be sold to keep it stable. it looks like an experiment that went terribly wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Ixlandia

Big drop in Bitcoin right at 1.30pm irish time, related to US CPI announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭erlichbachman

Bounced straight back, there's a lot of people out there who like the idea of paying 30k for bitcoin

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Ixlandia

Yeah I see that, that’s the work of institutions I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭deisedav

Just looked up the 24 hour volume it's almost 16 billion, complete **** show, people couldn't get the money out fast enough. Relieved I wasn't invested but had looked at it a while ago.

Post edited by deisedav on

If this panic fuels a proper bear and the bear creates a "crypto winter", then that will be the time to buy (if people have decided to buy). We've had this multiple times already and people, even friends, have refused to buy when everything is red for months/years. It's amazing how they were tripping over each other to buy when the stuff had already climbed 30x and is hitting ATH though. The psychology of this never changes.

Crypto winter...? This will trigger an ice age

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Coinbase is getting absolutely destroyed. Share price is down 85% from its high. Some people are after losing an awful lot of money. It's lost 30% of its value today alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Are stable coins stable in the same way the Titanic was unsinkable?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Another big fall with BTC the last few minutes, if this keeps up we will be testing €25k soon enough. Doing it's best to keep above €28k though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

“How did you go bankrupt?” Bill asked. “Two ways,” Mike said. “Gradually, then suddenly.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Me at least five times in the last week: Wow this must really be the bottom of the dip I should think about buying in!

Morgan Freeman narrating my life: Little did he know it was not.

😄

In 2018 it just kept falling, I remember thinking there's no way it will go below X, then it would go 50% below that, then stabilise, climb, then fall another 70% below that. A sizeable number of my alts dropped over -95% that year, and stayed down for 2 years after.

I'm watching this with interest, but no way I would buy until it's at least another 60% below current levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,139 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Open interest on MSTR puts at $10 according to article on Bloomberg. No details as to expiry on those.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

60% below current levels (~$30k) would put it around $12k, but historically it's never retraced below the ATH of the previous cycle as far as I know, and the previous ATH was ~$17k. So it'd be extremely surprising if it ended up dropping below that level, but only one way to find out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

It went from 20k (2017) to 3k (xmas 2018), I just use a ratio of that to figure where'd I'd start buying now, although would add a bit because I suspect many are using the same technique. Personally I've gone more towards Eth over the past years, so if Eth could drop to around sub-500 (eur) I'd start thinking about it. I'm greedy as hell though, I'm only interested in 10x minimum of my investment. Have no issues waiting a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Longest stream of red weekly candles was 9, tonight we'll register #6...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

BTC About to break under 25k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

It's only on boards I see EUR used, weird, but I guess it doesn't matter, will be 25kusd soon ugh

Advertisement