Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tramps fighting in Waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    start lobbing, you ll have a job on your hands! stronger punishment? more than likely will do nothing, would probably even exasperate already complicated issues

How would you set out to deal with the issue without ignoring it?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Its tough to see this side of society displayed in public and picked up by the national press and people get angry about it and themselves and the community -mainly through embarrasment - but you know it is in every community - just like when a mob tried to get the Roma people out of their building on manor st a while back, im sure the same type of stuff happens in Cork or West Dublin or The midlands etc. Dont try and boil the blame down to a particular family or lack of Garda, its just the society - sure its how Waterford will be reflected nationally but as i said, every community has its own embarrasments it wishes were not on display to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

thomasm wrote: »

Love how the whole article is about the fighting and then at the very end they just throw in "St Michael’s won the match 27-13.". :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Must have been fighting over that cheap Nutella

That was some news story, the country was only saved from 'complete ruin' thanks to the skygod(s): unleashing biblical floods upon Paris to quell the mass hysteria and mayhem, the worst floods seen in 50yrs.

This event could well also have been over a tub of brown spread, or maybe someone seen a rare 500gm toblerone bar selling, outside of a duty-free environment.

MebuNju.png

From the Guardian: Please remain calm, but 'Nutella riots' have broken out in France. The Intermarché supermarket chain offered a '70% discount' and people have been pushing and shoving each other to get their hands on the sweet, nutty, brown stuff.

From the BBC: France to investigate Nutella promotion that led to 'riots'.

From UStoday:
    Chaos erupted in supermarkets across France as shoppers brawled trying to get their hands on discounted Nutella. Fights — and even riots — were reported in multiple parts of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭91wx763

5 tramps arrested and released and a file prepared for DPP. 25 cent fine each then...........:ermm:

Aside, Eamonn Keane on Dubyellor is currently allowing a bloke who had a pop up shop in Red Square to give the serial apologist Eddy Mulligan a good kicking :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

91wx763 wrote: »
    5 tramps arrested and released and a file prepared for DPP. 25 cent fine each then...........:ermm:

Aside, Eamonn Keane on Dubyellor is currently allowing a bloke who had a pop up shop in Red Square to give the serial apologist Eddy Mulligan a good kicking :D

Would be interesting to follow these creatures through the system. Will be keeping an eye on it myself to see if my views on eugenics are vindicated. We've just spent €7 million on a new Courthouse in this town - all to give the kπacker$ a slap on the wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Gardner

Aside, Eamonn Keane on Dubyellor is currently allowing a bloke who had a pop up shop in Red Square to give the serial apologist Eddy Mulligan a good kicking :D

Eddie did his usual spoofing! i was waiting for "Paul" to launch one but EK was quick to jump in.

Then after EM we had John Hearne....... the FORMER peoples mayor :rolleyes::rolleyes:

we lack real representation at council level. last 2 decent members were Halligan and Cullinane

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jimbo1979

Gardner wrote: »
    Eddie did his usual spoofing! i was waiting for "Paul" to launch one but EK was quick to jump in.

Then after EM we had John Hearne....... the FORMER peoples mayor :rolleyes::rolleyes:

we lack real representation at council level. last 2 decent members were Halligan and Cullinane
    Eddie Mulligan is to busy going around with his councillor buddy taking selfies of each other of issues around the city trying to claim that their doing great work,most of them councilors are pure spoofers,getting money for turning up to a few meetings and taken photos of themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not sure if there's any point having a pop at Councillors who have no power with a damn. Law and Order is a Garda matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Not sure if there's any point having a pop at Councillors who have no power with a damn. Law and Order is a Garda matter.

Why are they there then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭91wx763

Eddy Mulligan said on numerous occasions in his interview how close he is to the gards. I'm sure he'll get it all fixed.

Today's tale from the EK show was some poor older woman with some young fellas standing on her car in Ferrybank piissing on it. And then they were breaking into the car when she in it and she having to fight them off. Same "millennial" generation.

But law and order in the town isn't broken. Eddy Mulligan told you first.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Eddy Mulligan said on numerous occasions in his interview how close he is to the gards. I'm sure he'll get it all fixed.

Today's tale from the EK show was some poor older woman with some young fellas standing on her car in Ferrybank piissing on it. And then they were breaking into the car when she in it and she having to fight them off. Same "millennial" generation.

But law and order in the town isn't broken. Eddy Mulligan told you first.

Not just any old woman a councillor in fact, a former sinn fein one who herself was done because of a video on youtube

Not just any old woman a councillor in fact, a former sinn fein one who herself was done because of a video on youtube

Really?! I heard the interview on Deise AM and it sounded terrible. That video the brats made of their behaviour must be on line somewhere, stupid feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

This is herself that was on the radio, she got sacked from her party from it, so wouldnt take anything she said too seriously tbf as she has a bit of a reputation

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Thread title is still relevant then!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

not sure if connected but still wtf is up with this city

https://www.rte.ie/news/munster/2018/0205/938555-waterford-stabbing/

Meh, not nice esp if you happened to be on the scene but scum fight scum in scummy ways all the time. John Street though does seem to be a favourite spot, one wonders if there is an establishment of some sort that attracts them (that's not a hint btw I'm genuinely wondering).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

I was going to vote 'No' in the abortion referendum but I'm having second thoughts now! Maybe we should have a mass sterilisation of the lower classes and we'll see what that brings us!
    You know what? I have been thinking this too for the last week! Six months ago I would have been bitterly opposed to any suggestion of sterilizing people and still am just about. But I have by accident had to deal with a family of people like this for the last seven months and I cannot think of any solution that would make these people get their act together.    The problem is that these scumbags won't get work and don't want to because they get so many benefits. They have never had to live responsibily....so don't. They have children which are then hostages for them to claim more benefits...The Jeremy Kyle freak show I have had to deal with taps every charity there is...refuses to pay bills and rent and then goes on holiday to ****ing Israel of all places, Lanzarote a few weeks later and Spain a few weeks later again....I will then read Fintan O'Toole in the Irish Times blame some abstract concept like inequality! Work or F*cking starve! And if you can't find it? Here's a viz vest and a broom now sweep the streets!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭uisce33

Any link to that interview ?

uisce33 wrote: »
    Any link to that interview ?
    What interview?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭uisce33

The radio interview with the about ferrybak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Another two fine members of society settling their differences in the middle of town

https://www.facebook.com/robbie.coleman.14268/posts/359274347905813

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Another two fine members of society settling their differences in the middle of town

Jayus

This is the centre of town, are area where theres visitors, young and old people and some young children. It's getting beyond a joke now and you can't feel safe going near the place anymore. Imagine ur kids/nephews/neices etc seeing that And trying to explain to them ??

What can be done about it ??? Nothing unless they have permanent members of guards/security down in the area at all times

PTH2009 wrote: »

Jayus

This is the centre of town, are area where theres visitors, young and old people and some young children. It's getting beyond a joke now and you can't feel safe going near the place anymore. Imagine ur kids/nephews/neices etc seeing that And trying to explain to them ??

What can be done about it ??? Nothing unless they have permanent members of guards/security down in the area at all times

Hard to believe I am saying this but over 20 years ago you couldn't walk down Barrack Street without being hassled for money by the same group of cider drinking scumbags. They eventually had some court order that meant they couldnt come within a certain distance of the street. It was not a solution but was definitely an improvement. Something similar needs to be done with this filth.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Filthy tramps. Is there any 'don't be a filthy tramp' law these degenerates can be charged with? This behaviour is too common in the centre of our city these days for the Gardai to keep turning a blind eye to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Round 'em all up and gas them! End of problem! :D

The problem is with the parents, these young people obviously weren't raised right. I doubt either of their parents are productive members of society.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GowlBagJohnson

Need a good cull in this town, if you were on the fence about the 8th being repealed all you need to do is look at these absolute mutants

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Squidvicious

Obviously, it's terrible that this can happen on the main street. However, you've got to say that the fighting itself is hilarious. You can see that they really don't know what to do. They're a bit like the dog who caught the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

I would think this sort of behavior is common place in most urban areas....people on here are trying to suggest that it is waterford specific incident only....??

Advertisement