Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

elton john 3 arena

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,390 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Crackin' show. Brilliant from start to finish. Great to finally get to the gig 3 and a half years after buying the tickets 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Elton was absolutely brilliant yet again!!

What a voice and what a showman!!

I'm Still Standing really is one of the greatest songs of all time!!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Just in the door, what a night of entertainment! I Guess That’s Why They Call It the Blues was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

It's been a long time since I've enjoyed a gig that much. I really do hate the 3 arena. It's an absolute kip and I swore I'd never return after so many bad experiences but absolutely everything about the performance and sound was on point tonight.

He was just fantastic and finished strong as you'd expect and had the place rocking. Never seen anything like it in the 3 arena. Amazing night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Phenomenal, as always. Yes, it's an expensive night out, but only the most churlish would leave feeling short-changed. He gives the people what they want. Predominantly a hits show, with a few deep cuts that work really well. Superb.

Post edited by delbertgrady on

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 kj72

Great to read those reviews, heading along tonight and just wondering what times he is on and off stage? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

setlist.fm (fair play to whoever updated) says he was on stage at 8:15

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

He was on just after 8:10 and it was getting on for 10:30 by the time he finished.

The recent UK gigs started at 7:30. The tickets say 8pm for the 3 Arena and based on what I was overhearing from the stewards I think he was supposed to be on at 8 but there were still a lot of seats to fill at that time

3rd tine I've seen him on this farewell tour. I would put Swansea marginally ahead of last night but there is very little in it and he has put on a great show on all 3 occasions

Still have Glasgow on my itinerary

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Elton Hercules John:

Time for tubby bye bye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I did the two Dublin ones in 2019, Cork last July, and I'm doing the two Dublin shows this week.

Impossible to really rate them in any order. Cork was magnificent, though. The best time I've seen him outdoors.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,902 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The wig is after growing ha

Say he'll do a tribute to Paul O Grady tonight (shocked to hear of his death)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Went last night. First and last time to see him live. Absolutely brilliant gig. The only song I didn't like was that one he did with Dua Lipa.......s***e.

Same as you but saw in last summer in Cork

Would of loved another song in its place but it's a good song to get the crowd going for the 'encore'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Would have straight up preferred sacrifice but it is what it is.

That was special, wept like a baby a couple of times during the first section, second half and the encore were spectacular, girl on security gave me a set list because she saw the tears during tiny dancer and thought I was having a breakdown. No, live music is just the best thing in the world.

Paid 200 euro for a ticket but absolutely worth it because the yellow brick road went right by my seat..,.

(Why is it sideways)

Sum good seat you got there my dude and glad you enjoyed it. He truly is one of the greatest showmen in live music. You'll cherish that piece of paper

(See Boards it's not all negative interaction between us too)

Did he do any tribute to Paul O Grady ??

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Delighted to hear everyone had such a great time and Elton delivered the goods. I would have loved to have been there to see him in action, but resisted parting with the best part of half a grand for two of us to go.

There is always the risk after forking out that amount of money that the gig will be flat, performer not interested or rubbish sound in the arena. So glad to hear this wasnt the case with Elton... Glad such a positive experience was had by all!

Post edited by RolandGoose on

I've seen him at his worst, when he stropped off stage after not much more than an hour when the press were dragging up his personal like (that was probably 20 years or so ago). Every other time I've seen him (another 9 times going back to 1982 including 3 on this "farewell" tour), he has been brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭FionnK86

He was brilliant. Delighted to have gotten opportunity to see him for the first time.

That's that for Sir Eltons 'Touring Performances'

Truly an end of a era of one of the great live acts in music

• Advertisement

He's back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Didnt take long 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭hynesie08

He never said he was retiring from shows, he's retiring from touring.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Tickets from €770 to €2000 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

that David Furnish must be an awful man to live with 😂

Advertisement