Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Sale and Freebie thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

There’s a guy in Greenhills does a great deep clean on bikes so I’ve been getting him to do it since I bought the bike so I probably won’t use it.

If you dont mind me asking what does he charge roughly? I know the guy you're talking about

Shoot a PM if you prefer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

If you dont mind me asking what does he charge roughly? I know the guy you're talking about

Shoot a PM if you prefer

Think it was €100 the last time for mine depends on the bike and what sort of state it’s in. I think his prices are from €70. I have his number if you want me to pm it to you. Gonna book in myself wish him soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Think it was €100 the last time for mine depends on the bike and what sort of state it’s in. I think his prices are from €70. I have his number if you want me to pm it to you. Gonna book in myself wish him soon.

Brian does an amazing job. Sadly I moved too far away to use him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Interested. Send or post the deets pls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

Stuck it up on dungdeal now as well, 7 views and of those 2 people have clicked save. Am i blind or are these things more popular than i'm giving them credit for?

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/2011-suzuki-dl650-v-strom/25703698

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Selling my current runaround. Very few around so hard to work out value, any comments/suggestions?

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/2004-triumph-daytona-600/25638933

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭listermint

D3V!L wrote: »
    You can't clean with ACF50 . Its oil based.

I meant protect. It keeps stuff shiney. I assume you'd know that's what I meant but sure look.

Stuck it up on dungdeal now as well, 7 views and of those 2 people have clicked save. Am i blind or are these things more popular than i'm giving them credit for?

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/2011-suzuki-dl650-v-strom/25703698

They're extremely popular especially in that colour it's rare enough especially in Ireland.
    .why they popular? Reliable as fk. Carry two up no worries. Commute with ease. Absolute miser on fuel. And they are nippy. Like not sportsbike nippy but they are not a slouch . Decent ones will sell quickly. Great starter and longer bike.

There’s a guy in Greenhills does a great deep clean on bikes so I’ve been getting him to do it since I bought the bike so I probably won’t use it.

Fair enough. I like to clean my own. It's relaxing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

listermint wrote: »
    They're extremely popular especially in that colour it's rare enough especially in Ireland.
    .why they popular? Reliable as fk. Carry two up no worries. Commute with ease. Absolute miser on fuel. And they are nippy. Like not sportsbike nippy but they are not a slouch . Decent ones will sell quickly. Great starter and longer bike.

The colour is the attraction I think. One of one two in Cork.

• Advertisement

It's a sensible bike that suits most riders. It's a journeyman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

zubair wrote: »
    Interested. Send or post the deets pls.

Sent pm

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

I've an RST Tracktech textile jacket free to a good home. It's only taking up space. Size EU 60 / UK 50. Bought it in May and didn't get on with it. Might post. Same colour as the image.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dubal2008

I'll take that as i,m about that size, thanks so much ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭H_Lime

I've an RST Tracktech textile jacket free to a good home. It's only taking up space. Size EU 60 / UK 50. Bought it in May and didn't get on with it. Might post. Same colour as the image.

Very decent of you! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Recently sold my FZ1. Have a pack of FA380HH sintered brake pads here. Free to whoever wants?

According to Ebay they go into FZ1, R6, R1, MT-10 among others.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=fa380hh&_sacat=0

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Selling my old textile gear - Jacket, pants and gloves all for €100. Got it as a specialbuy in Aldi when I started biking as my first set of gear and it held up remarkably well. Good safety rating, waterproof. Solid stuff and a cheap way to get started while staying safe.

It's over on Adverts at http://www.adverts.ie/22545733

I'll knock a little off if someone from here (I'm thinking beginners) wants it, just drop me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 AmyMay

Got these for my other half for Christmas, they recommend sizing down but this did not ring true for Irish builds apparently. They are a size L. If anyone is willing to buy just message me directly and I can link facebook or ebay advert, too new to link on this reply!. They are beautiful quality and understated look, model is Dante from French brand racer.

"Racer Motorcycle Gloves. Condition is "New with tags". Dispatched with Registered Post.
    Brand new Christmas Present. Selling as wrong size and are unfortunately past the returns stage. Imported from France

Size 9/L from Premium brand Racer.

Beautiful product made in a Vintage Style.
    Full leather.
    3 season/summer gloves with perforations.
    Kevlar Palm protection and CE certified. Made in EU.
    Touchscreen compatible index finger.

These retail at €90 plus €20 shipping from retailer. Looking for €80+, buyer pays postage."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

€20 shipping for a few hundred grams from an EU retailer? Huh :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 38 AmyMay

MojoMaker wrote: »
    €20 shipping for a few hundred grams from an EU retailer? Huh :confused:

I couldn't work it out either, they offer one option only and that is with La Poste Colissimo which is a very fast service.

• Advertisement

AmyMay wrote: »
    I couldn't work it out either, they offer one option only and that is with La Poste Colissimo which is a very fast service.

Postage costs have certainly risen the last wee while. Cashing in on Covid. Anyway, would you not find a new partner or at least cut a bit off his hands to make them fit? The ungrateful git couldn't even squeeze into them :pac:

The UK really ****ed us by breaking up all previous common supply logistics routes. It's gonna take ages for companies to adjust and find new routes that suit to Ireland. Some may not even bother their arse because effort or lack of understanding of the value of the Irish market.

We are waiting on a couch from a Dutch company HQ in England with the couchs stored in Spain....

As the UK route is cutoff and they treated Ireland just like the UK they aren't shipping to the UK anymore.... So need now to adjust to Irish market.

Joy . The Brits are at it again

I have a pair of Oxford RP2 gloves there, worn about 5 times, slightly too tight on me. They're a large and to be fair I would be an XL in most gloves.

25 quid to anybody here, they're online for anything between 60 and 70

Edit: SOLD

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have a pair of Oxford RP2 gloves there, worn about 5 times, slightly too tight on me. They're a large and to be fair I would be an XL in most gloves.

25 quid to anybody here, they're online for anything between 60 and 70

Are the summer gloves or insulated?
    If they are summers I'd be keen.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Are the summer gloves or insulated?
    If they are summers I'd be keen.

Yes they're a summer glove. They're a bit grubby from being in a box full of my cycling stuff but worn only a few times. No rips, tears or wear. If you want to drop me a PM if you're interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

GBX wrote: »
    Recently sold my FZ1. Have a pack of FA380HH sintered brake pads here. Free to whoever wants?

According to Ebay they go into FZ1, R6, R1, MT-10 among others.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=fa380hh&_sacat=0

You still got these?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Japcati2020

Dont buy from the UK folks.
    Brexit has royally fcuked it up for us all now.
    Revenue are having a field day too.
    Its Ireland,Northern Ireland,Germany or Holland for me from now on.

539413.jpg

Presume, what you ordered was over 150 as you had to pay customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Dont buy from the UK folks.
    Brexit has royally fcuked it up for us all now.
    Revenue are having a field day too.
    Its Ireland,Northern Ireland,Germany or Holland for me from now on.

539413.jpg

Jesus. What were you buying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

Jesus. What were you buying?

Brake callipers by the looks of it, guessing original value was around €564?

Advertisement