Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Funds Local Authority Housing Scheme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

And did you get approved or rejected? ;)

who's online applications did you use? Im brand new to all this mortgage stuff and cant even get to the rejection process when talking on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Junadl

Has anyone else applied and got receipt of application and council number? I have applied. No number yet. No response in 5 days by email to lady who had been in contact with quick replies. Bit worried now

who's online applications did you use? Im brand new to all this mortgage stuff and cant even get to the rejection process when talking on the phone.

AIB have online application and I can't remember the other one I used.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Junadl wrote: »
    Has anyone else applied and got receipt of application and council number? I have applied. No number yet. No response in 5 days by email to lady who had been in contact with quick replies. Bit worried now

Probably takes a few weeks to get the reference number.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭ad1234

Has anyone had any offers or rejections yet? We are 2 weeks into waiting on wicklow to get back to us.. to be fair there is only one guy working on it there and he's been clearly told to give as little info on our application as possible... just getting a you'll hear between 4 to 6 weeks maybe.... maybe sooner, he's helpful and hands tied but I want to know more haha. Just wondering do they just say no or will they ask for more info pr proof if needed. Trying to get a mortgage since Nov. All insufficient offers!... :( terrified now after months of the banks breaking my spirit!

• Advertisement

ad1234 wrote: »
    Has anyone had any offers or rejections yet? We are 2 weeks into waiting on wicklow to get back to us.. to be fair there is only one guy working on it there and he's been clearly told to give as little info on our application as possible... just getting a you'll hear between 4 to 6 weeks maybe.... maybe sooner, he's helpful and hands tied but I want to know more haha. Just wondering do they just say no or will they ask for more info pr proof if needed. Trying to get a mortgage since Nov. All insufficient offers!... :( terrified now after months of the banks breaking my spirit!

I applied 3 weeks ago and I am in the same boat , thus far I only have a reference number . I hope the decision is closer to 4 weeks rather than 6!

I have no idea would they just reject your application or advise whet is the max they can lend you.

Waiting is the hardest game :)

SNNUS wrote: »
    I applied 3 weeks ago and I am in the same boat , thus far I only have a reference number . I hope the decision is closer to 4 weeks rather than 6!

I have no idea would they just reject your application or advise whet is the max they can lend you.

We havent even got an application number yet! he just took the forms and said you'll hear in 4-6 weeks... good to hear im not alone in a way though on waiting... maybe im just used to the hoops the banks wanted us to run though daily and they do it differently...

Kind of a recycled question but just on the rejection letters. Are you guys providing a written notice of an insufficient offer on official headed paper?

I'm ringing banks , asking for x amount and just being told i can't have it basically lol....end of discussion , no mention of any written confirmation or the like , what am i missing?

Kind of a recycled question but just on the rejection letters. Are you guys providing a written notice of an insufficient offer on official headed paper?

I'm ringing banks , asking for x amount and just being told i can't have it basically lol....end of discussion , no mention of any written confirmation or the like , what am i missing?

I had insufficient sanction from one bank and a rejection from another.

They have changed the requirement now though so even printerd online mortgage calculator results will do.

AIB and EBS do online mortgage calculators, enter home much you want on those , it will tell you you are well short, just print these and you are sorted.

They have changed the requirement now though so even printerd online mortgage calculator results will do.

AIB and EBS do online mortgage calculators, enter home much you want on those , it will tell you you are well short, just print these and you are sorted.

Great thanks , wife is self employed so the online calculator only lets me go so far before they tell me to contact them , might just put her in as PAYE for the purpose of the online quote

• Advertisement

We have a letter of approval in principle from the bank through a broker which showed an offer from 1 bank as way off and had a letter from another showing they would offer about 8k closer to what we need but under the condition we have another 45k saved before they'll look at us... on top of our 10%... we hot in touch with the mortgage adviser and requested this in letter form and the broaker got us the other letter.
    So fingers crossed they'll do!

Junadl wrote: »
    I'd say we'll hear by end of March. Yeah waiting is hard. Don't know what we will do if it's a rejection. Probably leave Ireland as it's just too hard here! Doesn't have to be this way. Think it's time for people to unite and start some protesting. The housing situation is absolutely crazy. I know so many families living in bad situations working their asses off, going around in circles!

That'd be the plan for us too if this doesn't happen ugh. Hopefully won't come to this stage! We are looking for an equivalent of 70e a month extra on top of what the banks will give and it's a no.! 4 months of heartache with it! Have a house sorted, still to be built but ours all the same.... contracts signed (under a funding condition)... can afford almost 600e more a month on my rent than the mortgage will be but still can't manage an extra 70 apparently! This whole situation is aging me something awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 voodosheeb

so if I just print out the amount on the mortgage calculator the council will accept it as an offer?
    I've already went to one bank and waiting to hear bank but the second bank Im going to go to offered less the the first when i spoke on the phone

voodosheeb wrote: »
    so if I just print out the amount on the mortgage calculator the council will accept it as an offer?
    I've already went to one bank and waiting to hear bank but the second bank Im going to go to offered less the the first when i spoke on the phone

From RI website

What evidence of insufficient offers of finance is acceptable?

Applicant(s) must have received insufficient offers of finance from two mortgage lenders to apply for a Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan. Examples of acceptable evidence of this are:

A letter of inadequate loan offer from a bank or building society

A letter stating that your application is outside the lending criteria of the bank or building society

A lender calculator output sheet showing inadequate loan capacity for the amount sought from your local authority

In all instances, the evidence must be dated within four weeks of submitting a Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan application.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 voodosheeb

From RI website

Applicant(s) must have received insufficient offers of finance from two mortgage lenders to apply for a Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan. Examples of acceptable evidence of this are:

A letter stating that your application is outside the lending criteria of the bank or building society

A lender calculator output sheet showing inadequate loan capacity for the amount sought from your local authority

In all instances, the evidence must be dated within four weeks of submitting a Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan application.
    I called RI just to be sure and they said you need something in writing from the bank, some banks wont want to give you anything unless you make a full application and even then they might still try and say no,I was told to reference the consumer protection code 2012 section 4.24

• Registered Users Posts: 26 robbo25

From RI website

Hi - can I ask where does it say that the insufficient offers have to be dated within the last four weeks? I just submitted my app and my offer from the Bank and brokers are from last year! Nothing would have changed though - salary etc Nothing was said when we handed the application in.

Argh - just found it! That wasn't there before ;-) Guess will have to just get a couple of online calcs

The FAQ's and terms are changing slightly as they get used to this but I reckon you are ok
    if it was not stated when you applied. Call them tomorrow to verify.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 robbo25

Thanks SNNUS. I only applied yesterday as was finding it hard to get the last document I needed, didn't re-read the FAQ. Hopefully it'll still be okay, surely the underwriters could enter our salaries into any online calc and see we'd be way off borrowing from them for our area.

robbo25 wrote: »
    Thanks SNNUS. I only applied yesterday as was finding it hard to get the last document I needed, didn't re-read the FAQ. Hopefully it'll still be okay, surely the underwriters could enter our salaries into any online calc and see we'd be way off borrowing from them for our area.

Yeah you hope that common sense would prevail.. I would do the online calculators and save them and then attach them to the person you gave the form to?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 raineas1

I fall into the category of EARNING UNDER €50,000 (GROSS) IN THE PREVIOUS TAX YEAR AS A SINGLE APPLICANT. This year I earn marginally over €50,000, does anyone know if this will affect my application?

• Advertisement

raineas1 wrote: »
    I fall into the category of EARNING UNDER €50,000 (GROSS) IN THE PREVIOUS TAX YEAR AS A SINGLE APPLICANT. This year I earn marginally over €50,000, does anyone know if this will affect my application?

What is your gross on your salary cert?

Recent salary cert says €50,200 which applies an increase that only came into effect November/December

Recent salary cert says €50,200 which applies an increase that only came into effect November/December

That would put you over the limit, unless your salary cert would show less than 50,000.

You could call RI helpline to confirm on Monday but would be a problem your cert showing >50K

Okay, yea I will give them a ring anyway and see what they say. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

I am in an identical position. Really frustrating knowing that potentially somebody earning 40k can now borrow nearly 100k more than me on a higher salary.

I still submitted my application but have basically been told by CC it will most likely be a no, even though my supporting p60 from 2017 says< 50,000.

I am in an identical position. Really frustrating knowing that potentially somebody earning 40k can now borrow nearly 100k more than me on a higher salary.

I still submitted my application but have basically been told by CC it will most likely be a no, even though my supporting p60 from 2017 says< 50,000.

That must be very frustrating but i guess there has to be a cut off and they will probably decide on that condition.

Bit controversial no doubt but could your employer not give you a "dig out" here considering your barely over the threshold ?

If you know what i mean ....

Can't believe you can't get a bank mortgage with such a good salary. The country has gone mad. It's obviously set up for failure!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Has anyone got an offer yet?

• Advertisement

Has anyone got an offer yet?

No decision yet.. how about yourself?

Advertisement