Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Has being AF affected your work relationships?

• 20-01-2018 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭

Most of my colleagues (middle aged men) glorify drinking. A few of us had dinner recently and him and the heavy drinkers stayed up till all hours drinking. The next morning they stank of booze.
    Must say I felt left out as I went to bed early. Sometimes I feel like drinking is natural when around work colleagues. Then when I'm on my own I know its not good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

lufties wrote: »
    Most of my colleagues (middle aged men) glorify drinking. A few of us had dinner recently and him and the heavy drinkers stayed up till all hours drinking. The next morning they stank of booze.
    Must say I felt left out as I went to bed early. Sometimes I feel like drinking is natural when around work colleagues. Then when I'm on my own I know its not good.

I'd say it can be tricky especially with Xmas parties etc. So many work do's I've been to and there's usually a disaster involving drink or someone finally tells their co worker what they think of them lol I bet although sometimes it feels like your missing out the next day you were proud of yourself plus you probably felt way better than they did. I think the more people who don't want to drink for whatever reason, let it be known that it's not some freakish thing to do the better. Irish attitudes need to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

I'd say it can be tricky especially with Xmas parties etc. So many work do's I've been to and there's usually a disaster involving drink or someone finally tells their co worker what they think of them lol I bet although sometimes it feels like your missing out the next day you were proud of yourself plus you probably felt way better than they did. I think the more people who don't want to drink for whatever reason, let it be known that it's not some freakish thing to do the better. Irish attitudes need to change.

Yeah very true. I think abstaining is hard, but defo a self esteem booster. So good to wake up fresh. You only have one life so why not be present for it.

Advertisement